Good News!!!! Update of sorts

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by MidwestGal, Feb 20, 2008.

1. MidwestGal

MidwestGal Member

Albums:
    I finally got the corrected forms for my SS/SSDI case. Now hopefully, they will take this seriously and get my social security case moving! Then I can have time to get well and not stress over this!

To whom it may concern,

I am writing this letter to provide more medical infomation for my patient,........., and her physical capabilities associated with Meniere's Disease.

She presented to our clinic with prior history of dizzines, a spinning sensation, tinnitus, and diminished hearing and disequilibrium. She suffers from visual disurbances and can not ambulate alone as she walks with a cane. Her attacks come and go unexpectedly and for an undetermined amount of time.

Ms.........is currently disabled and can not work at this time. Due to her symptoms, she should adhere to certain restrictions for her activities of daily living. No rapid head or eye movements, no walking or standing for extended periods of time, no overheadwork, no duties that require a good sense of balance, and no climbling. She becomes dizzy and often vomits when doing any of the above tasks. She experiences visual problems that result in dizziness and vomiting when she does anything requireing fine manipulationg. She can not carry objects due to the fact she uses a cane. She should not lift objects weighing more than 10 pounds. She does have difficulty hearing, a hearing device can be used if necessary.

Ms.....has tried vestibular rehabilitation for her symtoms, which have not improved her symtoms at all. She has had surgery and is currently being treated with medications to try to control her symptoms.

So, hopefully this will make some headway in my case and I won't have to go to trial. if and when I get well enough I will try to go back to work part time but the stress has been tremendous just trying to get this paperwork!

I had another visit to the ER yesterday. My IV site from my trip thursday has a bad infection in it enough to make my (wrist area in general along with bone hurting too. My doctor was booked up through next week. They don't trust their immediate care so I had a 7 hour wait to be seen in the ER. Irritated me because I should have just had a script called in to the pharmacy instead of having to drive and wait. Mind you, she has called me in the same prescription every other time!

2. B_Monster

B_Monster New Member

yeehaw!!! Its about time!

3. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Well - it's about time something started going your way - I hope this is the start of a trend :smile:

4. MidwestGal

MidwestGal Member

Albums:
    thanks gorgeous!

5. MidwestGal

MidwestGal Member

Albums:
    thanks so do I! I want things to just be simplified in my life!

6. hypoc8

hypoc8 Member

That's good news. I hope things work out and I wish you well. It's a shame that those who truly need a little help have such a hard time getting it, and those that abuse the system cruise right on through.

7. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

That's an awesome first step. Hope things start rolling for you babe!! Woo hoo!!

8. Mr. Bungle

Gold Member

Albums:
    I really am glad to hear the good news, thatgal!!! I hope things continue to go well for you.. =)

9. MidwestGal

MidwestGal Member

Albums:
    thank you!

10. MidwestGal

MidwestGal Member

Albums:
    thanks TK

11. MidwestGal

MidwestGal Member

Albums:
    thanks!

12. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    I can't believe the shit that you go through on a daily basis... it is literally UNREAL!!! A lesser woman would have folded long before... you are certainly as tough as nails girl... I envy your strength!! That sux soooo bad that your IV site got infected, what a fucking bitch that must be... a totally benign and banal procedure that leaves you in serious pain... what a bunch of fuckwads! Keep your chin up though sexy, you are on your way to independence with your S.S. case!!! :biggrin1:

13. swordfishME

swordfishME Member

That is certainly a huuuuge step in the right direction. Best of Luck to you.

14. MidwestGal

MidwestGal Member

Albums:
    Thanks my friend!

15. MidwestGal

MidwestGal Member

Albums:
    thank you! hopefully things will start to get easier

Draft saved Draft deleted