Good places in New York

soojimmy: Hello everyone, I'm a european guy going to New York for two months this summer and would like to know where to go, size-wise so to speak... Are there any good sauna-places, or gyms for that matter where there are a bit known to have a bit of a gay crowd or well-hung men (don't worry, I'm very discreet and not one to openly flirt with someone like that). I know Christofer street has a lot of gay places, but other than that, swimming halls etc. Are there any good ones?
And my last question: Are there any size clubs in NY?
Thanks guys,

J.

rockabilly_guy: I;m in NYC but I can't help ya much. I don't go to alot of gay places even tho I am gay. If I hear of anything I'll letcha know. Sorry just not into the gay scene here!

lacsap1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Due to the lack of responce, some one may think that there isn't much going on in "the big Apple" ?

Serious, as an Gold Flying Dutchman I vistited "New Amsterdam" several times and I have to say that thinks are a little different than back home in Europe.

Especially when you are looking for sauna's and other fuckcaves like we have in Europe.

I always stay in Manhatten; 5th Ave for business reasons and it's close to the mean attractions like shopping, Broadway, Greenwich and Christhoper street. also in this direct there are some gay sauna's but the funny part is that once you enter this places and find your way around the (dry & wet) sauna is closed as per some kind of city regulations ?? The only thing to do is running around the very small cabines/lockers which by the way, may not be occupied by more then 1 person ?

Any way, best thing to do is check the net for city info,
go in to a bar or cafe and check the local party booklets. Enjoy.....

iconvsicon: summer will be a great time for you to be in nyc.
you can get the gay mags HX or NEXT at some bars or clubs in the chelsea area. they are released on fridays. there is a club section that you can search thru for what you're looking for. there is also a party section which includes exclusive size oriented "events", etc.
a cruisy bar in the east village called COCK (late night kind of crowd)
go to the BIG CUP on 22nd and 8th.
there is also a fairly new "beach" on the west side along the river in the chelsea area that is very popular during the summer because people hang out near the piers, lay out to tan or go the the gyms in that area.
so... just some ideas to help you out.
have fun !!!

rockabilly_guy: [quote author=iconvsicon link=board=meetgreet;num=1080249946;start=0#3 date=03/27/04 at 21:19:05]summer will be a great time for you to be in nyc.
you can get the gay mags HX or NEXT at some bars or clubs in the chelsea area.  they are released on fridays.  there is a club section that you can search thru for what you're looking for.  there is also a party section which includes exclusive size oriented "events", etc.
a cruisy bar in the east village called COCK (late night kind of crowd)
go to the BIG CUP on 22nd and 8th.
there is also a fairly new "beach" on the west side along the river in the chelsea area that is very popular during the summer because people hang out near the piers, lay out to tan or go the the gyms in that area.
so... just some ideas to help you out.
have fun !!![/quote]

See I am out of the loop. I'l have tock those places out!

getnbiggr: Iconvsicon had some great suggestions, and just walking up and down 8th Ave can always be good cruising...

But if you're looking for something a little more goal-directed, you can always check out http://www.cruisingforsex.com/search.php They have a search for US Metro Region, and you can just choose NYC and go from there.

There used to be a night at the now-defunct bar "King" called "King Size" where they had semi-regular size-contests, but I'm not sure if that's still going on. . And there's always The Eagle (on 28th Street, between 10th and 11th Avenues) if you like things with a bit of an edge.

Myself, I"ll be hanging out on the Hudson River piers at the end of Christopher Street... lots of very hot guys in nice little square-cut bathing suits. Best "beach" in the city... And then there's always Fire Island.

Hope you have a good visit to town...

-- J.

soojimmy: Thanks guys, that's been more than helpful...
Keep on posting though, can never get enough godd advice on this topic... :)