Good Samaritan, Chicago sheriff halts evictions

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by marleyisalegend, Oct 9, 2008.

1. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    Atleast some people are doing the honorable thing in this economic crisis. A Chicago sheriff has stopped serving evictions for renters who's landlord took their rent money and bounced out the country. He acknowledges that these are tough times and that most of these people did everything they were supposed to do. A lot of people assume that someone being foreclosed or evicted is due to them living above their means and poor financial decision-making but this is another example of how people in charge took advantage of their position.

Here's a link to the video about the story.

#1 marleyisalegend, Oct 9, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  2. Principessa

Gold Member

I read about this earlier today. I think he should be lauded rather than condemned. The fact he may be found in contempt of court over this or worse, is just ridiculous.

Tens of thousands of people have been evicted or lost there homes to foreclosure in the last 18 months in this country. Where do the powers that be think these people go? Not everybody has family or friends that can take them in until they get back on their feet. I've been through Chicago on business, I don't think there are enough overpasses for these people to live under. Even if there were that is not what I call a viable option.

Gee, I guess that $700 billion Wall Street buyout wasn't designed to help people like this. :mad: :irked: :12:

3. lucky8

Gold Member

This is starting to happen across the country. Another reason, other than good-heartedness, is there are more forclosures than there are officers.

4. Principessa

Gold Member

I think that's one of the signs of the rapture. :12:

5. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    ^I think Sarah Palin is the anti-Christ. That damn up-do isn't fooling me!

Draft saved Draft deleted