Good websites for photos and blogs?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Rosalind Mussell, Dec 18, 2010.

1. D_Rosalind Mussell

D_Rosalind Mussell New Member

I am in the middle of removing all of my content from my original blog due to a recent overhaul of the website. I am looking for my next blogging home and I don't want to set up shop in one of the bigger communities like FB, myspace, etc. Any advice on good places to check out? I have hundreds of photos and blog posts that need a home.

2. D_Tim McGnaw

D_Tim McGnaw Account Disabled

3. D_Rosalind Mussell

I am considering tumblr, as it is very friendly to all types of content. Is that what you use?

4. D_Tim McGnaw

D_Tim McGnaw Account Disabled

Yeah, after a fashion. I don't really put a lot of effort into it, but you're right about diversity of content, and its really intuitive and user friendly. Looks nice too IMHO. :wink:

5. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    What's wrong with blogspot?

6. D_Rosalind Mussell

Nothing wrong with it, just fishing for ideas because I prefer to keep photos and blogs in one place. I do like blogspot a lot, too. I guess there are so many options and I'm looking for the best of both worlds when it comes to photos and blogs. I'd rather not separate, but if I have to I will most likely use flickr and blogspot.

7. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    The best thing about blogspot is its tie-in with Google. Even though I rarely publish anything on The Spin Cycle anymore, if you Google "mancunt" I'm still #3

8. funnyguy

funnyguy Active Member

Albums:
    Even though I rarely publish anything on The Spin Cycle anymore, if you Google "mancunt" I'm still #3

I do miss your Spin Cycle, B-especially the ones about Paris! I never get to Fla, but sure hope our paths cross again- since meeting you at the MeetnGreet in NYC:biggrin1: Happy Holidays! J

Draft saved Draft deleted