Good Workout Music?

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm always on the hunt for good music to listen to while I'm working out. It makes the experience so much better. I tend to like either loud rock or hip hop. My trainer, on the other hand, always plays this awful techno/dance crap that does absolutely nothing for me. So do you like music when you work out? What do you like? Any suggestions?

dannymawg

Experimental Member
Media
May I suggest some early 80s New Wave?

Reason I do is: I have a little Pioneer mini-executive-desktop type system I had parked on my desk in my veal fattening pen at work. I had put together a compilation, mixing the likes of this, along with dialog and music from the first New Wave Hookers video (all you straight guys out there over 30 know what I'm talkin bout).

One of the sex kittens in the office - Jamie, Greek, lithe, fertile - stops by my cube to ask, "Are you listening to Jazzercise?"

That something bout chicks and bass :biggrin1:

Ned's Atomic Dustbin. Guaranteed to make you drive at obscenely fast speeds OR exercise until you have a heart attack. It's great stuff. Makes speed seem like opium.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Helmet or Snoop. There is nothing in between.

Thats a great answer.

I have an ipod with about 2,000 or so songs on it with jams ranging from van halen to thomas newman soundtrack scores (american beauty, shawshank redemption, pay it forward great shit) to the police to obscure instrumentals to techno remixes to michael jackson to joe satriani to seal or pearl jam's first album or the soundtrack to the movie breakin' or "jauna's addiction" or vast or maybe led zeppelin complete off itunes or anything I can remix or steely dan or tribe called quest but RUSH is my favorite or zero 7 or the soundtrack to the movie breakin' 2 electric boogaloo or any great song made in the 80s regardless of how well known it is like terrence trent darby or wang chung to some thug shit to songs I have made and its set to random. If the song fits my mood or the zone I'm in I stay with it, if it doesn't work for me at that moment I go like the famous poet Guru of the great Gang Starr once wrote but now your my ex-girl cause I'm straight with next girl
chorus
cause girls look soooo good

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
AC/DC is always a winner. "Thunderstruck" "Back in Black" "Highway to Hell" and so on. All classics.

Justice and Basement Jaxx are exciting, not-too-techno-y dance options. Justice' "Stress" "DVNO" and "Phantom pts. 1&2" are highly recommended, as well as "Where's Your Head At" Good Luck" "Do Your Thing" and "Cish Cash" by Basement Jaxx. I love the video for Cish Cash, though I didn't the first time I saw it. And "Good Luck" is also the greatest break-up song of all time.

Ministry's album Psalm 69 is an option, but might make you pop a few tendons during "Hero" "NWO" and "Psalm 69." It's also (duh) pretty blasphemous...but with song titles like "Jesus Built My Hotrod" (which is awesome)(and really about dicks, not cars, but somehow I didn't get that until recently) you kinda guessed that.

And, of course, my favorite lady in the world: Peaches. "Fuck the Pain Away" "Slippery Dicks" "AA to the XXX" You couldn't play it at all out loud , unless your gym is waaaaaaaaayyyy cooler than mine, but there's something fun about hearing her rhyme about cervices while you're doing compound rows.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm always on the hunt for good music to listen to while I'm working out. It makes the experience so much better. I tend to like either loud rock or hip hop. My trainer, on the other hand, always plays this awful techno/dance crap that does absolutely nothing for me. So do you like music when you work out? What do you like? Any suggestions?

Snoozan--There is a guy on BMB who is a DJ and he does intermittent pod-casts of his mixes that are free downloads on iTunes.

DJ Ted Eiel - Welcome

Click on the Podcast menu.

I recommend "Beach House '07 and "Attack the Dance Floor." I listen to them during my workouts all the time.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

If you are looking for loud rock, maybe Cradle of Filth?

YouTube - Cradle of Filth - Gabrielle

or

YouTube - Coffin Fodder