Goodbye for now

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I am posting this thread to say goodbye, and because I don't think some people understand just how DAUNTING the LPSG forums can be to new members.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Coming here as a new member was quite confusing at first. There seemed to be an hierarchy of members, and it took me ages to figure out the "nobility" of LPSG -- who was who.

I was initially thrilled to find some people who talk about things that I was interested in (and had very little opportunity to talk about, given my background and particular situation in life).

But in my over-enthusiasm, I spoke too much. The existing members all knew each other and were busy tinkling on each other, and I must have seemed like an annoying mosquito with my, HEY! Listen to ME! I'm here too!

I can't tell you the number of stupid posts I made. I thoroughly annoyed some people, including but not limited to Snoozan, NJQT, and some other people I won't name. I still annoy them sometimes.

Some of the responses I got literally had me in tears. And it still happens: Just this morning I had one.

I've had people tell me to toughen up. I even had someone tell me that I shouldn't bother getting out of bed if I can't "take it".

- - - -

But I guess that's what breaks my heart: I finally learned the ropes, I finally became one of those "known" people... but the community I worked so hard to understand and join is now busy saying how sucky it all is.... and guess what...

By extension, I'm part of that "suckiness."

Don't tell me to toughen up. Don't tell me I'm overreacting. I am who I am.

I have bad stuff happening in my life right now, and I don't need more negativity. I can only take just so much negativity, so I guess (unnamed) is right. I shall just have to crawl back into bed.

So goodbye for now.

I might be back if/when life is better.

- - - - -

Quick aside: From a newbie's viewpoint, the best LPSG member was Pecker, because he never judged, he never put anyone down, he always said hello to new people, and he always had something funny to say. (I never got the chance to say it, but you're fantastic, Pecker. I'm your #1 fan.)

I understand exactly where you're coming from. When I discovered LPSG by accident, I could hardly believe my eyes. Not only were there galleries of cocks galore but there was intelligent conversation, witty banter, and plenty of fun to be had. I felt like a kid who'd been locked in a candy store. :biggrin1:

I lurked behind the scenes for a couple weeks or so to see if there was a niche for me and after posting tentatively for a while, I felt welcomed by the general populace here. I learned that the site had a core group of original members who after a while lamented that the site wasn't what it used to be and I remember thinking how unfair that was to me and others who were new to the site. My response was that this site is whatever you make of it and I was largely ignored. I still believe that's true to a point although with the growing population it's more difficult for one or several people to make an impact.

My point is this: I still believe anyone can find their niche here. It's more difficult now and yes, I agree, there is certainly more negativity here than i'd like and i've been mulling over my own posts to others lately. I don't like being more "mercurial" than my name suggests and don't want to contribute to the rise in negativity. I've failed more than once. I've always said i'd leave when it stops being fun and i'm afraid the time is nigh, so I understand if you feel the site is not a positive place and you don't need the headache. Your gallery is lusted after by many a man and your posts are lighthearted and fun. You've become an integral part of LPSG whether you see it or not. Please remember that while you're away on sabbatical. :smile:

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I spoke too much. ... I must have seemed like an annoying mosquito with my, HEY! Listen to ME! I'm here too!

I can't tell you the number of stupid posts I made. I thoroughly annoyed some people,...

hotmilf IMO you are one of the nobles of lpsg. Far from being "stupid posts" your thought provoking questions have led to a number of lively lpsg discussions. I'm sorry that adverse responses have put you off posting presently. In my case I wouldn't let a few monkeys stop the show, but I understand why you feel the way you do. I expect you to return someday - even if you just chose to lurk at that time. You already know how addictive lpsg is.

Farewell:wave2:

Willy_the_Wonka

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hotmilf...! :eek:

I ALWAYS enjoyed reading your posts. WIthout exception. There are other names, who I perceive to be "inner circle" that I almost consider cringeworthy.

What I find reassuring, in a perverse sort of way, is that many others here feel this way as well. It's aggravating when you take some time to make a post that is true and real and it either gets ignored or responded to in an aloof or sarcastic manner. I won't use sarcasm unless it's harmless and not directed at anyone, and my general approach is to treat others the way I would like to be treated. Just like in real life. I don't use the internet as a screen to hide behind to behave with impunity. That's cowardly.

Every message forum community suffers from this. This is a very large community, and separating thoughtful posters from ninnies is never easy with a large forum.

And whenever joining, it's being the new kid on the block all over again, and having to perservere and maintain a presence, so to speak. I still don't feel welcome here, but the amount of posts made here daily by the number of people present offset that....also, I have other things to do instead of being online all day.

Some of the best friends I have I have met in online forums, and we've brought the friendship over into real life.

And some people are as inept in handling themselves online as they are in the real world.

And sometimes it's necessary to just take a break from a place, or focus more on real life matters....as it should be.

Whatever you decide, Hotmilf...Happy Thanksgiving to ya, don't let the bastards get you down. :flowers1:

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm sorry to hear about this. I do hope you can get things worked out.
I also hope you can come back here again in the near future.

Good luck to you!

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I personally don't care who this "hierarchy" is, I have always enjoyed talking with you because you seem to me to be an intelligent and witty person. I have felt the same as you, and am still trying to learn not to be offended by some of the comments I get from some people who just haven't a clue how to communicate with people who have feelings. I have met some really unique, kind, funny people here though. I hope you don't leave, but I have been there and understand. I wish you well whatever you decide.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I will miss you. You have been so sweet and kind to me.

I hope you can find a happy medium, and get back to us soon...

Goodbye...for now...

:kiss:

againredundant

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There seemed to be an hierarchy of members, and it took me ages to figure out the "nobility" of LPSG -- who was who.

I was initially thrilled to find some people who talk about things that I was interested in (and had very little opportunity to talk about, given my background and particular situation in life)......I can't tell you the number of stupid posts I made. .......Some of the responses I got literally had me in tears. And it still happens: Just this morning I had one.

I have made only a few posts here, but on another forum posted extensively, so I understand what you are saying and have seen this happen before.

Having a sincere desire to be part of an online community and putting feelings and thoughts "out there" also opens you up to being trashed by anyone who gets his jollies from being a jackass online. Closet jerks get to vent without being ostracized in real life so you become a target. Everyone who offers anything becomes a target.

I am not suggesting that you toughen up. The best advice I can offer is to not post anything that would cause you heartache to see trashed by someone. Negativity, unfortunately, is a part of any forum unless it is moderated with an iron fist, which would probably also kill free discussion.

Having not posted much, it would be presumptuous for me to advocate one way or the other, but you seem to have a number of folks who want you to stay and value your online friendship. Maybe you could give it another try? Just a thought.

Whatever you do I hope that you have someone to talk to so you can deal with whatever negativity that is going on in your life right now.

lorne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
wow Im sad to see your going. hope you come back I enjoy your posts, I know I often feel the same thing when i post. I figure I am going to add what I have to, to the threads and if someone responds fairly to me I try and return kindness and interest. I try to ignore when mean things are said but i know how it can get under your skin.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Hotmilf, you're a sensitive, considerate person and we're lucky to have you here. Sometimes such vulnerability gets trampled on by those less attuned to such a spirit as yours. We all need a break once in a while and hopefully you'll be back soon.

But don't change.

Besides you're a woman of impeccably good taste. Why else would you take a liking the Peckster? :tongue:

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
TWAT! I cunt hear you.

Why? Who.. what? bah.

Please leave your pics in the gallery.

I think you are being paranoid. Its amazing, you can feel stupid for saying something really crazy, and think people will hate you forever.. but forums are for big mouths anyways... adn I fdont know too many peopel who haven't said soemthing rude or inconsiderate... except maybe Osiris.

But other than Osiris.....

Notthe7

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
But... I really liked hotmilf.

We were dumb beauty contest girls together...

and more importantly....

She had bad ass posts.

Fuck. We're LOOSING EVERYONE!

D_Geffarde Phartsmeller

Experimental Member
Media
But...you're a hot milf!!!!! You can't leave!!!!! So few attractive girls on this site. Well, attractive girls that are REAL. Obviously that's superficial of me but I figure the other posters can be all deep and meaningful. I think you're purdy :flirt: That aside, if you're not having fun then you must depart. No website of this nature should feel like work!!! Wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
LOOSING EVERYONE!

The large penis has that effect.:wink:

To both you and Hotmilf, I hope you stay and duke it out.

You're both good members here and neither of you has to put up with shit from anybody for speaking your mind. If you need a break for awhile, so be it, but don't be gone long.

You'll be missed.