Goodbye parties

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by ClaireTalon, May 13, 2007.

1. ClaireTalon

Gold Member

Hey, I have just thrown a goodbye party for my neighbors, due to my move up the coast in two weeks.

Hell, how can 5 guests always leave such a mess? :eek:

I am not sure whether it was my neighborly duty to throw that party, maybe they'd all have had a party after I had moved out? :confused:

What shall I do with the dirty dishes now, maybe just lock them in a safe location for the next tenent to clear away? One of the few things I absolutely hate doing is clearing other folks' used cutlery and plates. I mean, I do it, but I'm not happy at it.:redface:

Why was I so silly to buy large amounts of alcoholic beverages, mainly red and white wine, if 3 of 5 guests don't drink alcohol? I have 4 open bottles of wine now, and drinking them all by myself is hardly an option. Probably another present for the next tenent? :mad:

At least, I got my revenge against my neighbor from the top floor, the stewardess with the dream-like endurance, and highest service altitude in screams, in bed. I left a package of XL condoms for her to see, in my bathroom. Here you go, bitch: I know the big boys too! :cool:

Excuse me, but I'm a little high-spirited myself, I guess I won't pass the alcohol check tomorrow...

2. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

I feel your pain.

3. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

Well, you just learned that hindsight is 20/20 and that no good deed goes unpunished there, Claire. Good move leaving the condoms where your neighbor could find 'em.

4. trufitjock

trufitjock Member

Albums:
    feel for ya... and pecker your a piss.... lmao !!:biggrin1:

5. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Its the question of the ages.

I enjoy hosting the odd party but I loathe the mess even well behaved friends leave in their wake: the stained carpets, the nicks on the walls, the damaged blinds and drapes, bits of food and drink adorning the floor.

I'm not sure its worth it anymore.

p.s. good trick with the XL condoms.

6. dreamer20

Gold Member

In hindsight you realized that letting others throw a going away party for you was best.:rolleyes:

Now you need to throw a Wine and Washing Up party.:biggrin1:

7. dannymawg

Gold Member

It's not a party until someone spills a drink :biggrin1:

8. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    Don't leave dirty dishes! If our tennants leave behind dirty dishes and garbage we add a fee to the amount of their deposit they won't be geting back. If you don't want 'em, rinse 'em off and recycle them or throw them away. Give the wine away maybe?

9. ClaireTalon

Gold Member

Dannymawg, anyone can spill as many drinks as he wants, as long as he or show spills them over him or herself. Please don't spill on my furniture. Floor is okay, because it's hardwood and can be wiped.

Altered Ego, those were no cardboard or plastic plates and glasses, but my own ones. Dumping them and throwing them away is no option, actually they're among the few items that I brought into my apartment, most of the furniture still is from the previous owner. So, I think I'll take them with me, cleaned, of course.

By the way, I cleared the mess myself. But as nice as parties are, cleaning up isn't all that fun. One reason why I prefer accepting invitations over sending them out.

Hey, I did something great with the wine. I filled the leftovers into the bottles, so that I had 2 full ones instead of five semi-opened ones. Then I corked them closed again, like in original state. I think I'll have to throw a party for my office colleagues :biggrin1:... Since the red wine and white wine were the same sorts, it really shouldn't matter. Hey, has anyone ever seen an office farewell party with good wine, actually?

Draft saved Draft deleted