Goodbye Steve Jobs

D

deleted15807

A sad sad day. Why do the good die young? A true visionary is gone.

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Steve Jobs, Apple founder, dies - CNN.com
No mention of the iMac in the article, which really relaunched Apple from a dying company to one that still had a niche.

I heard this on the radio when I was coming home and I thought a part of the computer industry as we know it is now gone. He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 2004. He survived longer than most people who are diagnosed with that. I'm not a fan of him really, seemed to be too arrogant for my liking, although he was the absolute driving force for Apple. What will the future hold for Apple now?

RIP

Frnkd213

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Thinking that I am the same age as him, I ask myself what have I done to change the world as Steve Jobs Has. You know what, he can RIP knowing that he has in his life done so much to advance our knowledge and appreciation of our cyber and real world. Great leader and humanitarian. An inspiring person who has enabled me to think beyond my capabilities. Thank you Steve Jobs

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Not an Apple fan either. First of their products I ever bought was a Cube (? I think it's called), an mp3 player. Was wholly annoyed that I had to download a special app. (ITunes) just to load up music on it.

But for the man himself, I feel a profound sense of loss - of a visionary who did things his way. Such men don't come around too often. His products are innovative while elegantly stylish. His ideas always cutting edge.

The spawning of new ideas and innovation is always a benefit (and sometimes challenge) to us all. So, for the work that Jobs has done, the legacy he's left behind, let us rejoice that he's left us all as something more than we were before.

Last edited: