Goodbye to my friends here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
OK big guy, I was worried it might be some big girl's blouse reason. :tongue:

Can you link to threads that have been closed so that we can discuss this properly.

And FWIW, I would also miss your "contribution".

Scrufuss

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
OK big guy, I was worried it might be some big girl's blouse reason. :tongue:

Can you link to threads that have been closed so that we can discuss this properly.

And FWIW, I would also miss your "contribution".

:biggrin1:Yeah, what he said.:biggrin1:​

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
Several have asked why so here goes …

My threads have been getting closed when the discussions within were no different then the discussions anywhere else here. I asked what this was all about and cannot divulge a private conversation, but will say I highly doubt anybody here would agree with the reasoning.

This isn’t my first Internet party where I’m obviously sitting at a table in a crooked house nor will it likely be my last as some moderators tend too enforce and/or make-up rules for some that don’t apply to others and that’s their right on a privately owned website, but I have a real issue with equal rights for all and will stick with boards that have them.

The many fun/cool people here will be missed including the ones I have zero in common with but all the fun for me is removed quickly when I see the cards I’m getting in this game are marked and the dealer just smiles saying like it or leave it. :grumble:

I haven't once complained to the mods about you or any particular thread. I have never reported a post of your's (or anyone else's). I kept my disagreements with you in public.

I don't want to kick you out the door, but your threads weren't "no different then the discussions anywhere else here." Many were highly inflammatory and acerbic. To be honest, you've been the worst troll on this site for the past half year.

Hasta la Pasta

Last edited:

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
OK - I just read the Obama brith certificate thread. You were all asked to temper your comments and you didn't - quote the Obama fucktard comment.

I am sure you will be able to find lots of other threads to continue your unhappiness with his election.

Get over it Big1, really.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

My threads have been getting closed when the discussions within were no different then the discussions anywhere else here. I asked what this was all about and cannot divulge a private conversation, but will say I highly doubt anybody here would agree with the reasoning.

This isn’t my first Internet party where I’m obviously sitting at a table in a crooked house nor will it likely be my last as some moderators tend too enforce and/or make-up rules for some that don’t apply to others and that’s their right on a privately owned website, but I have a real issue with equal rights for all and will stick with boards that have them.

The many fun/cool people here will be missed including the ones I have zero in common with but all the fun for me is removed quickly when I see the cards I’m getting in this game are marked and the dealer just smiles saying like it or leave it. :grumble:

When threads get too heated they get closed. It's just a way to protect you or someone else from going too far.

People are very opinionated about politics. I don't like your politics, but you seem to be a good guy otherwise. There is a person here who has some similar political views as I do, but otherwise we don't get along at all.

Why not stay out of the politics forum and just visit the other ones.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
See this is my point exactly. Why is it ok for some people to use inflammatory speech about someone but then somebody else gets drug thru the proverbial coals when they say something about someone else. Why is it ok to refer to someone as gay as a picnic basket, but its not ok to say someone is a fucktard, this don't make sense at all. If were gonna stick to political correctness then it should hold the same requirement for all. Otherwise hang up your all mighty attitudes and get over it.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
See this is my point exactly. Why is it ok for some people to use inflammatory speech about someone but then somebody else gets drug thru the proverbial coals when they say something about someone else. Why is it ok to refer to someone as gay as a picnic basket, but its not ok to say someone is a fucktard, this don't make sense at all. If were gonna stick to political correctness then it should hold the same requirement for all. Otherwise hang up your all mighty attitudes and get over it.

what he said

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've seen threads get closed/locked and not removed. Some do get removed. Some just get closed and you don't see them because they can't be brought back to the top of the page without a response. If a thread is locked and not removed it is still here and can be linked to.

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

the problem isn't the use of one word or another...

the problem is not being able to argue a point without having to insult others...

the problem is continuing to beat a dead horse using inflammatory language despite being warned to give it a break...

tgw

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I stayed out of many of the boards you posted on, but you have some of the more educated and well-thought out posts on here. Enjoyed the reading.

All the best.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

My threads have been getting closed when the discussions within were no different then the discussions anywhere else here.
ONE thread of his got closed. Yet he used the plural, which is typical of his posting style.

Anyhow.. nothing personal, but I won't miss his posts.

Have a nice life man.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It is virtually inconceivable that any issue could penetrate your thick skin to this degree. I won't miss you but I wish you well, nonetheless.

I will not miss you either as I don’t remember much about anything you wrote but there are some here I will including some of the evil liberals I had fun with. There’s always hope evil liberals will grow up to be good conservatives and even godlike conservatives like me! Its fun deprogramming/debunking/discussing and I can take anything thrown at me with a smile … except … moderators that have different rules for different people.

ONE thread of his got closed. Yet he used the plural, which is typical of his posting style.

Anyhow.. nothing personal, but I won't miss his posts.

Have a nice life man.

Just because you missed the other does not mean it doesn’t exist nor should you be vilifying me when you missed something …. just so ya know :wink:

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Just because you missed the other does not mean it doesn’t exist nor should you be vilifying me when you missed something …. just so ya know :wink:
Well just so YOU know, I went to your profile and looked up all your threads and only found the one that has been closed.

http://www.lpsg.org/search.php?do=finduser&u=274806&starteronly=1

So if I am wrong, I'll stand corrected. No problem. Show me another thread you started that was closed.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I haven't once complained to the mods about you or any particular thread. I have never reported a post of your's (or anyone else's). I kept my disagreements with you in public.

I don't want to kick you out the door, but your threads weren't "no different then the discussions anywhere else here." Many were highly inflammatory and acerbic. To be honest, you've been the worst troll on this site for the past half year.

Hasta la Pasta

I disagree here, Rec. His posts may have appeared to you to be troll-like - because you disagree with him politically.

1Bigg1 generally cited links and proof with his posts, and almost always had something like a wink or LOL in this posts to indicate the light-hearted spirit of the debate.

With his departure, there are now exactly 7 conservatives that post in the Politics forum.

It is becoming more than a coincidence when conservatives are being pushed out/banned due to posts on the political forum.

Note to whoever keeps reporting conservatives to the mods: You may ultimately wind up with what you ask for. Keep in mind that when all the conservatives are gone, you will have nothing/no one to debate with and not much of a purpose for the politics forum.

1Bigg1: I think you should reconsider your departure. I have received warnings as well as a 1-week ban within the last 8 weeks, and I know that other conservs have had similar issues.

Last edited:

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Surely for the sake of balanced debate its good to hang on to a few Right-wing minded people here? No-one wants to just watch a bunch of liberals arguing the toss with each other.

Maybe they should be declared an endangered species & given extra protection?

Status
Not open for further replies.