Goodbye to my friends here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
I disagree here, Rec. His posts may have appeared to you to be troll-like - because you disagree with him politically.

1Bigg1 generally cited links and proof with his posts, and almost always had something like a wink or LOL in this posts to indicate the light-hearted spirit of the debate.

With his departure, there are now exactly 7 conservatives that post in the Politics forum.

It is becoming more than a coincidence when conservatives are being pushed out/banned due to posts on the political forum.

Note to whoever keeps reporting conservatives to the mods: You may ultimately wind up with what you ask for. Keep in mind that when all the conservatives are gone, you will have nothing/no one to debate with and not much of a purpose for the politics forum.

1Bigg1: I think you should reconsider your departure. I have received warnings as well as a 1-week ban within the last 8 weeks. This issue has affected more than just you.

I agree that balance is great and there probably should be more conservative members on this site--or the current ones should be more vocal. However, fanatical neocons who continually spin the truth are not helpful and don't add anything--especially if their nonsense posts are just to get attention or cause trouble. If they continually name-call ("apologist", "libtard", "obamabot", etc.) then that just worsens things.

Making outrageous right-wing claims and then backing them up with outrageous right-wing sources is hardly "citing proof." I could give you many examples, but I am far too tired to go hunting through his many posts.

You say that his posts "appeared to [me] to be troll-like - because disagree with him politically." Take a look at these threads that he's made and tell me that he isn't a troll:

New President of the EU: Fear-monger Al Gore = dipshit.
Obama: Stop Turning Prisoners Into Gays and Giving Them Diarrhea!
OK ObamaBot’s! Remember All Those Promises?
NObama Loss: "Blood will run in the streets" ...
How Stupid Can ObamaBot's Be? Real Stupid!
CBS Reporter: "Obama's plane smells terrible most of the time"!

Surely you can see that these threads are meant to inflame. At the risk of sounding patronizing, there's a difference between a conservative and a troll.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
I can take anything thrown at me with a smile … except … moderators that have different rules for different people.

This isn't meant as a shot at you, but surely you've been here for long enough to have already realized that the moderators have different rules for different people? :confused: I mean, there have only been dozens of long (until they get closed) inflamed threads on that subject...

Last edited:

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree that balance is great and there probably should be more conservative members on this site....

Surely you can see that these threads are meant to inflame. At the risk of sounding patronizing, there's a difference between a conservative and a troll.

All the same, if you get a piece of marketing mail delivered to your home, do you open and analyze it and then report it to your Congressman....or just throw it away?

Some of these 'hall monitors of LPSG' might learn to just pass over threads that don't spark their interests, instead of behaving like spoiled adolescents and reporting to their mommy.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Politics allways gets over heated. This is why i dont discuss it. Now if i wanted too ( which i dont) there are many other places on the internet i can go too. Going by the response i see you have many friends on here. So stay and have fun. There is much more to this place than just politics.

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
Well just so YOU know, I went to your profile and looked up all your threads and only found the one that has been closed.

http://www.lpsg.org/search.php?do=finduser&u=274806&starteronly=1

So if I am wrong, I'll stand corrected. No problem. Show me another thread you started that was closed.

I don't understand the big deal here. The thread will be re-opened on Dec 5.

I certainly understand people getting fed up with the same old crap repeatedly being brought up, over and over and that is how I interpret the reason for closing it (not to say that I agree or disagree with it because I am not privy to a moderator's "handbook"). You get that everywhere you go.

I remember clicking on this thread when it originally started and I remember getting about half way through the first post and moving on because it was not relevant to me.

I breifly scanned it again in order to understand what this is about. I think there are just as many "conspiracy theories" on either side of the isle for all sorts of issues that will always be with us and people will be trying to change the U.S. constitution until the day they die to match their own morals. However, openness and discussion is what this country is about.

If anyone here ever feels offended in anyway for anything or, does not want to "hear" any particular person for whatever reason, they simply use the ignore list. There is no better tool in any forum. That does not stop anyone's right to post or anyone else's right to listen and respond.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
All that I can say is that on this site... "Shit happens!"

Some people get banned... some get their threads closed. Nudeyorker closed one of your threads last week because "Nobody read his post." that is some raw shit that he threw at you... I dunno if that is what is pissing you off now, but, these mods have total power here and pretty much do what they want. Don't get on their bad sides. They do their best to administer the TOS on this site and are human and make mistakes from time to time.

All you got was a slap on the wrist. You have every right to get pissed and feel kinds hurt, but that should not lead to taking your toys with you and going home.

If you want to go, then go, but just know that there are some of us who are highly amused by your thoughts and do not want to see ya take off.

I don't really know what is going on here. but just don't wanna see ya go out like this.

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I definitely don't see eye to eye with you politically Bigg, but none the less, I enjoy reading through your threads, and occasionally rutting with you. You have every right to express your views, however less than populist they might be here on liberal LPSG. In all honesty I think most people actually enjoy the scrummage that goes on in your discussions.

Anyway, I hope you reconsider, I think you'll find that your input, however controversial, will be missed. Good luck mate.

Qua

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Surely for the sake of balanced debate its good to hang on to a few Right-wing minded people here? No-one wants to just watch a bunch of liberals arguing the toss with each other.

Maybe they should be declared an endangered species & given extra protection?

No, watching liberals agree with each other and "reason" is almost as agonizing as watching the religous right agree with itself and God.

Endangered species? Please, don't be condescending. We're humans; we want minority protection and affirmative action policies.

And proper political correctness when referring to us or our behaviors, please; you aren't a conservative, you don't understand us, so don't you dare say anything negative about us.

I can understand how people might consider 1BIGG1 a troll....but what about people like :cough, I've called him out as a troll before, you prolly know who I'm talking about, cough:? Because you agree with him, he can spew tripe? Because what he says doesn't offend enough people present, it isn't offensive? Bullshit.

Last edited:

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
I don't mind a conservative rant, but it must have logic and facts and stick to the topic.

Many times a direct question will be asked, and I'd obtain a half answer and a add on that had nothing to do with the topic. Star Investor is now the champ on this....

...and citing facts that seem to have come full blow from a self appointed Rev. with a past history of criminal behavior doesn't help your claims, you know....

Scrufuss

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
"Good Night, good night,until we meet again...
adios, au revoir, auf wiedersehn till then
and though its always sweet sorrow to part..
You know you'll always, remain in my heart..
Good night, Sleep Tight, and Pleasant Dreams to you,
With a wish, and a prayer, and let every dream come true..."

Holy fuck shit I am brainwashed I just pulled that out of some far ago child hood memories... eeek ugh yuck fuk ewwwww I am unclean!!

For those before there time, it was the Lawrence Welk closing theme song..

Last edited:

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

Gotta agree with Rec, here.

Additionally,

There is a huge difference between a conservative... who can own up to actual historical fact and, maybe, comprehend that the Bush administration and republican controlled congress of the last 10 years has NOT acted in any manner that can be considered conservative....

And far right wing FOXtards that simply parrot Murdoch's misinformation campaigns of hate, denigration and outright lies.

While I would never complain to the mods about anyone's posting... and would not seek to ban any perspective or viewpoint;
Bigg's inablity to actually discuss and support his invective thru argument made his postings equivalent to those of Trinity.... who was obviously a volunteer campaign operative.

I never saw any thread from him that was not propaganda in the worst possible sense.

Scrufuss

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Gotta agree with Rec, here.

Additionally,

There is a huge difference between a conservative... who can own up to actual historical fact and, maybe, comprehend that the Bush administration and republican controlled congress of the last 10 years has NOT acted in any manner that can be considered conservative....

And far right wing FOXtards that simply parrot Murdoch's misinformation campaigns of hate, denigration and outright lies.

While I would never complain to the mods about anyone's posting... and would not seek to ban any perspective or viewpoint;
Bigg's inablity to actually discuss and support his invective thru argument made his postings equivalent to those of Trinity.... who was obviously a volunteer campaign operative.

I never saw any thread from him that was not propaganda in the worst possible sense.

Dude I just love how you post!
You give my brain a woody!
I think your second calling is "Explaining It To The Doobwas"
You are damn good at it..

Status
Not open for further replies.