Goodbye to my friends here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What's this link for? It says that you invaded Iraq after 9/11 and that it was illegal. I'm inclined to agree!
Wiki:

Americans overwhelmingly believed Hussein did have weapons of mass destruction: 85% said so, even though the inspectors had not uncovered those weapons. Of those who thought Iraq had weapons stashed somewhere, about half were pessimistic that they would ever turn up. By February 2003, 74% of Americans supported taking military action to remove Saddam Hussein from power.

My we have short memories. Now, how many U.N. Resolutions should a nation violate without repercussions? 5? 8? 11? How about 17?

Security Council Resolutions Concerning Iraq

If Iraq was as peaceful and wonderful as the libs continue to argue, why would they violate 17 U.N. Resolutions? And if their noncompliance were ignored, why should any country comply with U.N. Resolutions?

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
Wiki:

Americans overwhelmingly believed Hussein did have weapons of mass destruction: 85% said so, even though the inspectors had not uncovered those weapons. Of those who thought Iraq had weapons stashed somewhere, about half were pessimistic that they would ever turn up. By February 2003, 74% of Americans supported taking military action to remove Saddam Hussein from power.

My we have short memories. Now, how many U.N. Resolutions should a nation violate without repercussions? 5? 8? 11? How about 17?

Security Council Resolutions Concerning Iraq

If Iraq was as peaceful and wonderful as the libs continue to argue, why would they violate 17 U.N. Resolutions? And if their noncompliance were ignored, why should any country comply with U.N. Resolutions?

You are laughable. Israel, Turkey and Morocco all violated more than 17 UN resolutions. I guess, using your logic, they should have been bombed to hell.

Hussein had no WMD's. After repeated unnecessary inspections--where no WMD's were found--he was getting sick of them. He stopped complying. That is no cause for war. I don't expect an unsympathetic Republican to understand this.

You can put a Republican Spin on it all you want, an innocent and relatively peaceful country was invaded for no good reason. Who cares if 85% of Americans had a hunch that Iraq had WMD's? I fell for Colin Powell's cartoon diagrams too, until I realized that it wasn't really proof.

If 99% of Americans thought that Mexico had WMD's, should they be raped and pillaged? You need more than a hunch from untrained civilians.

Besides, the US manufactures and owns more WMD's than any other country.

So, about this claim that the US didn't invade Iraq after 9/11. Is this an admission that you are wrong? You dance around this site and pick the easy battles and then flee when you lose. Life must be easy for you.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So, about this claim that the US didn't invade Iraq after 9/11. Is this an admission that you are wrong? You dance around this site and pick the easy battles and then flee when you lose. Life must be easy for you.

Where is your confusion here? After 9/11 we invaded Afghanistan. 18 months later we moved into Iraq. You indicated in a previous post that we invaded Iraq after 9/11. That was incorrect. No dancing here, just facts.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Are you actually denying that the invasion of Iraq was part of Bush's same War on Terror® that led us into Afghanistan?

Please try to follow along. After 9/11:

Rec3000 said:
He rallied them into a "War on Terror" but didn't attack the terrorists! He attacked Iraq instead.

Me: No, we attacked Afghanistan immediately after 9/11.

HG, when you read a thread, do you feel like you are in a maze with very high walls?

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
HG, when you read a thread, do you feel like you are in a maze with very high walls?

No, when I read threads where you and your ilk are involved, it rather feels like observing the Mad Hatter's tea party...a surreal experience where utter insanity openly postures as acceptable alongside rational discourse.

The Bush response to 9/11 was to declare
War on Terror®, of which Afghanistan was only the first salvo. The invasion of Iraq was positioned shortly thereafter as a necessary continuation of this same conflict. You keep bleating about how Bush attacked Afghanistan first, as though you absurdly believe that somehow erases the fact that the subsequent invasion of Iraq was part of the same responsive campaign.

Your attempt to draw some chronological analogy using Pearl Harbor was beyond asinine.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I agree that balance is great and there probably should be more conservative members on this site--or the current ones should be more vocal. However, fanatical neocons who continually spin the truth are not helpful and don't add anything--especially if their nonsense posts are just to get attention or cause trouble. If they continually name-call ("apologist", "libtard", "obamabot", etc.) then that just worsens things.

Making outrageous right-wing claims and then backing them up with outrageous right-wing sources is hardly "citing proof." I could give you many examples, but I am far too tired to go hunting through his many posts.

You say that his posts "appeared to [me] to be troll-like - because disagree with him politically." Take a look at these threads that he's made and tell me that he isn't a troll:

New President of the EU: Fear-monger Al Gore = dipshit.
Obama: Stop Turning Prisoners Into Gays and Giving Them Diarrhea!
OK ObamaBot’s! Remember All Those Promises?
NObama Loss: "Blood will run in the streets" ...
How Stupid Can ObamaBot's Be? Real Stupid!
CBS Reporter: "Obama's plane smells terrible most of the time"!

Surely you can see that these threads are meant to inflame. At the risk of sounding patronizing, there's a difference between a conservative and a troll.

I have to thank my pal Rec once again for reminding me why, in all my years at LPSG, there have only been two people for whom I chose to use the "ignore" function. The post above is an eloquent illustration of the demagogic, polemical nature of 1big's contributions here, and in his own words, no less. But, really, should we expect anything less than this obnoxious swan-dive thread from someone so inherently, vibrantly loathsome? And as night follows day, all the creepy-crawlies to come out to bitch about how much of a martyr to their cause all the mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging trogs are! Poor little dolls! [INSERT BREAK] And for the record, PEPFAR, the President's AIDS initiative, is a kick in the balls to the hundreds of thousands of Americans living with HIV/AIDS who've seen Ryan White funds flatlined for the last eight years and abstinence-only prevention programs with are useless wastes of money. There are currently three states with ADAP (federal drug assistance programs) waiting lists and many others so underfunded that essential services are not met for those who need it most. This is really no joke. //NOTE: For whatever reason, the breaks in my post aren't showing, hence the note above-UB

Last edited:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have to thank my pal Rec once again for reminding me why, in all my years at LPSG, there have only been two people for whom I chose to use the "ignore" function. The post above is an eloquent illustration of the demagogic, polemical nature of 1big's contributions here, and in his own words, no less. But, really, should we expect anything less than this obnoxious swan-dive thread from someone so inherently, vibrantly loathsome? And as night follows day, all the creepy-crawlies to come out to bitch about how much of a martyr to their cause all the mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging trogs are! Poor little dolls! [INSERT BREAK] And for the record, PEPFAR, the President's AIDS initiative, is a kick in the balls to the hundreds of thousands of Americans living with HIV/AIDS who've seen Ryan White funds flatlined for the last eight years and abstinence-only prevention programs with are useless wastes of money. There are currently three states with ADAP (federal drug assistance programs) waiting lists and many others so underfunded that essential services are not met for those who need it most. This is really no joke. //NOTE: For whatever reason, the breaks in my post aren't showing, hence the note above-UB

So what you're saying is that I have to sit you and 1BIGG1 on opposites sides of the table at the South Florida Meet N greet. :wink::biggrin1:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This has been the longest Good bye! The closed thread that started this whole thing has been open for almost four days! Any objections to closing this thread? as it has veered far and away from Good Bye!

Status
Not open for further replies.