Google Earth spots (NEW) Chinese ballistic sub

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
"Images obtained from Google Earth have shown what analysts believe to be a new type of Chinese submarine capable of firing nuclear warheads."

Oops.:rolleyes:

Well, I doubt it's that new, but nevertheless it made me smile. It can found at 38°49'4.40"N, 121°29'39.82"E. Image attached, I can't attach the bookmark.

The article goes on..

"The discovery highlights the increasingly diverse uses to which Google Earth and similar world mapping tools are being put - and the possible security risks.

Some sensitive facilities, such as nuclear plants and government buildings, are already being fuzzed out of Google Earth images.

US vice president Dick Cheney recently had Washington's Naval Observatory, his official residence, fuzzed out of Google Earth. Curiously both the White House and the Capitol building are still visible."

Yes, like "Area 51", Dick's place is really a figment of (y)our collective imagination(s). Or, maybe he has some (illegal) alien house guests.:tongue:

Attachments

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm no expert at all for submarines, but this doesn't look so new to me. Or if it's new, it's stolen design, the ramp-like structure behind the conning tower was a common and pretty distinct feature of the old Soviet Delta class SSN.

If you want a confirmation for my theory, check the news whether the Russians are planning to sue the Chinese for trademark piracy.

D_Neeson Niceone

Experimental Member
Media
I'm no expert at all for submarines, but this doesn't look so new to me. Or if it's new, it's stolen design, the ramp-like structure behind the conning tower was a common and pretty distinct feature of the old Soviet Delta class SSN.

If you want a confirmation for my theory, check the news whether the Russians are planning to sue the Chinese for trademark piracy.

I'm impressed. Yes that is a Delta III and it was bought from Russia, not stolen. The Chinese have aquired a number of ex-Soviet subs. There is nothing really new about it as China has been buying subs for over a decade now.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The article I read didn't suggest it was Chinese designed or made, merely new as a model to the Chinese, not quite the same thing. Sorry for any confusion.....