Google is shit

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Why does anybody still use it apart from maps? It's like windows only worse.

Windows is a series of operating systems. Google is a search engine.

So, your analogy is....puzzling, to put the mildest take on it.

Perhaps you were attempting to equitably disparage internet explorer and google chrome? If so, I'd disagree muchly.

fldan1978

Experimental Member
Media
Saint Petersburg (Florida, United States)
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
the search engine Bing is owned by Microsoft AKA Windows I have heard that Microsoft named it that Because It's Not Google.

I hope that's what they're getting at

Windows is a series of operating systems. Google is a search engine.

So, your analogy is....puzzling, to put the mildest take on it.

Perhaps you were attempting to equitably disparage internet explorer and google chrome? If so, I'd disagree muchly.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Google have developed their own operating system based on Linux. A rather lame rip off based on cloud computing. Ubuntu (linux) has had cloud computing available for years. However Apple, Google and Windows will very soon be shoving cloud computing down our throats. It simply means that you will connect to a server to get on the internet. It also means that all your emails, information, browser history and everything else will be stored on Google, Windows or Apple. Now do i trust any of them with all my information? Hell no. Ubuntu has the Ubuntu one store for music based on cloud computing. However i can choose not to take part in it. If you value your privacy (as i do) please think long and hard about this. This is going to happen in the very near future. With the release of Lion soon i do hope Apple just use it for I tunes and nothing else. Beware of Windows 8. You have been warned.

Google Chrome OS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cloud computing unlocks possibilities but raises security concerns
chrome‑os‑screenshot‑1‑500x375.jpg

Last edited:

StaffnRod

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Google have developed their own operating system based on Linux. A rather lame rip off based on cloud computing. Ubuntu (linux) has had cloud computing available for years. However Apple, Google and Windows will very soon be shoving cloud computing down our throats. It simply means that you will connect to a server to get on the internet. It also means that all your emails, information, browser history and everything else will be stored on Google, Windows or Apple. Now do i trust any of them with all my information? Hell no. Ubuntu has the Ubuntu one store for music based on cloud computing. However i can choose not to take part in it. If you value your privacy (as i do) please think long and hard about this. This is going to happen in the very near future. With the release of Lion soon i do hope Apple just use it for I tunes and nothing else. Beware of Windows 8. You have been warned.

Google Chrome OS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cloud computing unlocks possibilities but raises security concerns
chrome‑os‑screenshot‑1‑500x375.jpg
Very valuable guidance/ insight.. from a most knowledgeable LPSG member.
If you have questions on any computer issues, just search by his User Name.
:up:

Last edited:

D_JuanAFock

Experimental Member
Media
Google as a search engine is great, google as a company is shit.

The future of the cloud network is... well... cloudy. Having everything online requires a huge amount of bandwidth and internet providers are already complaining about the current load on their infrastructure. Additionally, we are moving away from uncapped internet and towards capped internet, which further makes the cloud a more difficult transition.

Gotta love greedy telecoms and cable providers that spend billions on buying out competition that reverse any progress made.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I love cloud computing. I'm making a crapload of extra money with my SAAS site and have a couple more being developed by Indian software engineers right now.

There are drawbacks for the user, chiefly security, and reliability of the server and the connection. But desktop computers are not 100 percent secure or reliable either. The internet is now almost as reliable as any other utility and getting better and stronger all the time.

My customers have the advantages of being able to do business from any computer or mobile device. If their computer crashes or is stolen, they just get another and carry on because they only need a browser. Nothing to install and they only pay for what they use. They can suspend the subscription and reinstate it at a later date. They can assign user privileges to guests and work collaboratively with anyone in the world. If they want to quit, I email their data back to them and delete it from the server.

Upgrades and bug fixes can be deployed so easily now. Instead of contacting hundreds of customers about a fix or software revision, we just install it on the server and everyone gets it. It's made my life so much easier.

LPSG is a form of cloud computing. All your photos and friends and posts are stored on a server. None of it happens on your own computer. Same with GMail, your bank website, facebook, youtube. Yes it can and is abused. You have to protect yourself and secure your data backups and use some common sense. But it isn't all bad either.