Google Maps is so cool

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I thought Google Earth was cool too, but in Google maps I can see a pic of the apartment building where I live.

If you put your address in and then go close on it and select "street view" if your street is high-lighted in blue you may be able to see a pic of your home. (and not an overhead view like Google Earth)

All the streets in my neighborhood are shown, but I checked my parents house and only a few streets around him are available to view.

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh you're right!

The cars next door but one to my place belong to the folk that moved out at the start of the (non) summer! :rolleyes:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
That's how we've been keeping track of you. FYI, there is a dead squirrel in your yard.

You freaked my the fuck out for a second. There is currently a dead squirrel or some other black and white furry small critter in my parking space. :biggrin1:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Here is a street behind the one I live on.

Attachments

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Rec's Hood

Probably, but I don't care. besides, look at how ugly my neighborhood is! I suppose that it's obvious, but if you do post your hood, do a geo drilldown rather than an address search.

I did that... it still has the road names on it! :mad:

But nice to see where you live! :biggrin1:
How do I get the road signs off it?!

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I thought Google Earth was cool too, but in Google maps I can see a pic of the apartment building where I live.

If you put your address in and then go close on it and select "street view" if your street is high-lighted in blue you may be able to see a pic of your home. (and not an overhead view like Google Earth)

All the streets in my neighborhood are shown, but I checked my parents house and only a few streets around him are available to view.

Welcome to the Internet.

The California Coastal Project is just as good....no , make that better.

California Coastal Records Project - Image 200505801 - "Golden Gate Bridge toll gate, San Francisco"

the resolution... is ABSURD.

They also have the "time comparison" which I hope Google will save yearly records of Earth and Maps.

California Coastal Records Project

D

deleted213967

Yup Mem, almost too cool at times.

Wait (not long) until we have the real-time technology and it will be Morbidly Obese Big Brother...

Yup, no more cheating on BF / GF!

"Why you little...I saw your unwashed car parked on her driveway on earth.google.com again today!"