Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
From Rasmussen(not exactly a "leftie" organization):
Most Voters Think House GOP Likely To Disappoint By 2012

"Hold the celebration. Most voters expected Republicans to win control of the House of Representatives on Election Day, but nearly as many expect to be disappointed with how they perform by the time the 2012 elections roll around.
A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds, in fact, that 59% of Likely U.S. Voters think it is at least somewhat likely that most voters will be disappointed with Republicans in Congress before the next national elections. That includes 38% who say it is Very Likely.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub..._think_house_gop_likely_to_disappoint_by_2012

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
not surprising at all. It never fails to surprise me how many people vote against their own interest. Those who helped elect all of the GOP'ers are stupid to think that anything will be accomplished outside of stalemates and childish bickering. Republicans (and many Democrats) only have 1 thing in mind...themselves.

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

Account Disabled
Media

That makes a ton of sense. You could make the argument that the wave elections that Democrats won in '06 and '08 were based in anger, and the Dems misread that and took it as a mandate. The GOP is likely to do the same thing. Yes, believe it or not, politicians can be more obsessed with their own egos than with the people's needs!!

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Well, one of the GOP's "mandates" now seems to be how to neutralize Sarah Palin, that plucky, self-serving dynamo who hasn't had an original thought in her entire life. But the people seem to love her. She needs to insulate herself from the GOP evil-doers by writing a cook book full of 1-minute recipes.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
actually waiting for a newsbrief now, RE: Fed Rate Actions

just got it -- Fed will pursue Quantitative Easing II

look for an acceleration in equity purchases (i.e. stock market will shoot up); mortgage activity (new & re-financing) will also begin to accelerate; the dollar's devaluation will ignite some inflation

although there are strong disagreements with the assessment that economic activity will accelerate (some believe the Fed's actions will lead to japan-style disinflation), my gut feeling is to the contrary

upshot -- Repubs will begin to look good to the electorate

D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

Experimental Member
Media
I think obamas hopes of re-election just went up a notch. Things will not be alright in 2 years time and now someone gets to share the blame.

U are such a retard. U are in as much denial as Boob Obama and "you have to pass he bill to see what's in it" Pelosi. Its a wonderful day the people spoke and I'm loving it! 2012 will be even better.

JTalbain

Experimental Member
Media
Yes, believe it or not, politicians can be more obsessed with their own egos than with the people's needs!!
Kinda like how they were acting in Congress for the past two years? God forbid they let the Democrat controlled Senate and House actually accomplish anything and get credit for it...

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
look for an acceleration in equity purchases (i.e. stock market will shoot up); mortgage activity (new & re-financing) will also begin to accelerate; the dollar's devaluation will ignite some inflation -- Repubs will begin to look good to the electorate
I dont know where this money is going so I wouldnt like to say about equities. As far as mortgages go, in the Uk there is plenty of money but no action. Who wants to buy when future values are uncertain? Who wants to make the same kind of rubbish loans as caused the problem last time. The mortgage market cannot return to how it was, because how it was was what caused the problem. Whether republicans will look good rather depends on what happens next.

Its a wonderful day the people spoke and I'm loving it! 2012 will be even better.
But they didnt. As per usual in US politics, they got a draw, one part of government each. There will now follow considerable political brawling.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
U are such a retard. U are in as much denial as Boob Obama and "you have to pass he bill to see what's in it" Pelosi. Its a wonderful day the people spoke and I'm loving it! 2012 will be even better.

Your "minions" couldn't even beat Harry Reid, a man with an approval rating below 30% (among everyone including Democrats) in a state that has the highest unemployment rate in the country. Beyond all of the ideological hype, this speaks VOLUMES as to just how non-influential the so-called Tehadists movement is outside of states that don't have a long standing history of voting Republican in the first place.

But yeah, Conservatives retook the House and won six seats in the Senate. Break out the bubbly! Long live the (bowel) movement!! Too bad there's still a Democratic controlled Senate with no filibuster proof majority. That means more political staging and nothing getting done. Repealing Obamacare? Never gonna happen now. And please, go with the plan to impeach Obama. That will prove what everyone has said about the obstructionism and the refusal to work together. Advantage - Obama.

And what happens when people like Rand Paul is forced to choose between his political rhetoric about excessive spending or play ball with the GOP when discussions about raising the financial caps on the deficit begin? Or about those tax cuts that benefit the top 2% that would add trillions of dollars to the deficit? You know... actual economic policy, that stuff you know nothing about? Because that has to be addressed if you want to show America that you're actually the fiscal conservatives that you claim to be. And I personally can't wait to see the sparks fly within the ranks.

You really want to act like last night was a huge victory? Go on ahead. I'm sure you still get this happy every time you go potty as well. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
From Rasmussen(not exactly a "leftie" organization):
Most Voters Think House GOP Likely To Disappoint By 2012

"Hold the celebration. Most voters expected Republicans to win control of the House of Representatives on Election Day, but nearly as many expect to be disappointed with how they perform by the time the 2012 elections roll around.
A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds, in fact, that 59% of Likely U.S. Voters think it is at least somewhat likely that most voters will be disappointed with Republicans in Congress before the next national elections. That includes 38% who say it is Very Likely.

Most Voters Think House GOP Likely To Disappoint By 2012 - Rasmussen Reports

...how 'bout that. :popcorn:.....who'da thunk?

D

deleted15807

How can they not disappoint? If you can't 'fix' it with a tax cut or a gun they have nothing for you.

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
We can talk until we are blue in the face from cyanosis, but the facts are that the conservatives and their platforms are not going to work either. The concept of cutting spending is good, but, the infrastructure of this country has not been brought up to standard since the election of Richard Nixon. Repeatedly the idea has been cut the taxes and though this is good, the problems arise from spending the rest on pet projects and not funding the things that taxpayers need in order to improve the country and modernize it.

Currently the United States Highway System is in severe disrepair. Those in more rural areas have not seen road repair in some cases in decades. Frost upheaval and heavy trucks have created potholes in which a VW bug could hide.

Public transportation which would reduce consumption of domestic and foreign oil have been out of reach for most governmental agencies. The United States has very poor investment per person in this area and the reason is that if public transportation goes in, the profits of major oil companies could be negatively impacted. Big oil is going to spend money to defeat any candidate that would build public transportation because it cuts into their profits, this is simple "follow the money" thinking.

Maglev and other forms of very high speed rail transportation making job commutes available to suburban residents would help a great deal, but, you'll not see that one under the current tide.

We will see a mass exodus of School Teachers simply because most have not had pay raises in over ten years. Again, every politician embraces the concept of not touching schools, but their promises end there. They promise again and again, but the conservatives repeatedly have cut school budgets. In some states, lotteries have of course helped, but, as lottery income has increased what is not being said is that State funding has decreased so what they give in the lottery, they take away from other funding. For this reason lottery dollars mean nothing!

Personal Freedom will be a target in the name of "national security". I would not be surprised to see "checkpoints" at State borders and I would not be surprised to see the requirement of presenting "papers" so that people and their movements can be tracked by "big brother". There are people talking about this now, but, where one group sees this as a major problem, another side sees it as an "opportunity".

With all of this, the bottom line will be either a massive tax increase to the poor and middle class while the most wealthy either pay nothing more or actually get reductions or breaks even more than they have now.

The mass export of American Jobs will continue. In the next few years, I expect to see some more of America's largest corporations transfer to foreign ownership.

Most do not understand what has happened here.

Zenith Electronics, made televisions and other electronics is now foreign owned. RCA is now foreign owned. Rodgers Church Organ Company foreign owned, Universal Studios and Productions, foreign owned, the list of American Corporations now falling like bowling pins grows by the day.

Over the next few months, we are going to watch the possibility of the biggest prize ever and in all honesty China needed heavy conservative presence in order to pull this one off.

You and I as taxpayers bailed out General Motors for better or for worse. GM has started showing black ink. We, the U.S. taxpayer, saved GM and now there is a stock deal in progress that could sell over 60% of all GM stock to the Chinese in essence giving China control of one of the largest corporations in the United States and allowing them additional control of our economy.

Many GM employees have been aware of this for some time. In addition, if this takes place, the retirement benefits of current and former GM employees are in question.

What I see by 2010 is an accelerated decline in the economy, and many who voted for the conservatives are going to be hopping mad. The Republicans will of course blame the stagnation on the Democrats because they absolutely have to. When it goes down the toilet as it will they will have to blame the other guy. I do not like Obama, because I consider him to be a total "wuss". Far too conciliatory to ever accomplish anything.

I watched some of the worst campaign advertising I have ever seen in this election. I watched a race for a State Governor come down to accusations against a Lieutenant Governor's use of State owned Aircraft. Today, the new Republican Governor Elect was shown arriving in the State Capitol in guess what, a private Jet! This same candidate had railed on and on about the opponent using this form of transportation and the first day after election that Governor elect is seen doing exactly what was wrong for the other guy!

Sadly, many Americans have in this election been the worst victims of "Stockholm Syndrome" I have ever seen. They vote and re-elect the very ideals and thought processes that placed their finances and security in great peril.

If these guys were so great, why didn't they do something good 8-10 years ago instead of waiting for now. We have all been witnesses to one of the best sales jobs of "Florida swampland" and over the next two years we will with little doubt pay a heavy price for it.

California has had it really bad. I cannot imagine having to live there now. Terrible to consider having to vote in an election with the mantra being: "The crook and moron I know is better than the crook and moron I don't know."

Nope, if you think discontent was creating problems in 2010 just wait for 2012!

D_JuanAFock

Experimental Member
Media
The GOP will continue to disappoint as long as the Tea Party brats have seats.
Politicians will continue to disappoint as long as brats that dont actually want to improve the country have seats*

Fixed that for you.

Also, sargon, that link is from 2010, which means it was when democrats had control... so I dont really see how it is relevant to the GOP being a disappointment? I am not gonna say they arent a disappointment, because as you can see from my first sentence in this post I think that they all are.

D

deleted15807

Also, sargon, that link is from 2010, which means it was when democrats had control... so I dont really see how it is relevant to the GOP being a disappointment? I am not gonna say they arent a disappointment, because as you can see from my first sentence in this post I think that they all are.

You are correct though it really makes no difference....

Only 13 percent of the American public approves of how Congress is doing its job, according to a new Gallup poll.