Gop sen. tom cotton comes out as "ex-gay

N68

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

I knew it!! I fucking knew it. I knew I smelled the queen from this guy!!!

Lot of the joes in the military spotted out he AND Larry Craig before the bathroom incident

http://www.back2stonewall.com/2016/05/gop-sen-tom-cotton-ex-gay-defends-gay-conversion-therapy-worked-me.html
GOP Sen. Tom Cotton Comes Out As “Ex-Gay”, Defends Gay Conversion Therapy: “Worked For Me”
by Will Kohler · May 22, 2016

Tom-Cotton-is-gay.png

Arkansas Senator Tom Cotton has come out as “ex-gay” while speaking out in defense of ‘Gay Conversion Therapy” (torture) saying that he himself has been “cured” of the “horrible affliction” of being a……… HOMOSEXUAL!!

Cotton claims that the organization People Can Change (PCC) was successful in treating him and he no longer suffers from having “strong and uncontrollable homosexual desires”. Cotton participated in PCC’s ‘Journey into Manhood‘, described as a “48-hour immersion in intensive emotional-healing work, designed specifically for men who are self-motivated and serious about resolving unwanted sexual attractions.”

“I gave it shot, and boy am I glad I did,” Cotton told Tony Perkins, leader of the Family Research Council hate group. “I know it may not help everyone but it worked for me, [you] just need to find the right program that works for you.” Cotton continued, “I am now the man I always knew I could be, fully dedicated to God, my wife, and the good people of Arkansas, without all the urges to have sex with hot guys 24 hours a day.”

I always knew Tommy Cotton was a mo’ And so did a lot of other people it seems,

Source: The National Report.

Reactions: keenobserver

N68

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
http://gawker.com/why-do-so-many-people-in-arkansas-not-believe-tom-cotto-1695370482

Why Do So Many People in Arkansas Not Believe Tom Cotton Is Straight?

c1kaef2burwbsa9xxzzn.jpg

Arkansas senator Tom Cotton ignited a firestorm yesterday when he said on CNN that gays who were complaining about anti-gay legislation in Indiana and Arkansas should shut up because, hey, at least they weren't being killed like in Iran. So how come nobody in Arkansas believes he's straight?

Cotton—who has been called a "conservative superstar" by the Atlantic and "the perfect Republican" by Jonathan Chait—has increasingly wedged himself into the national conversation in just his first few months in the Senate. Last month, he spearheaded a letter from the Republican caucus to the leaders of Iran regarding a planned (and ultimately consummated) nuclear arms deal. The letter, which attempted to dissuade Iran from negotiating with Barack Obama, proved to be an immediate disaster for Republicans, but it did achieve at least one intended goal, which was inflating Cotton's national profile. He has been featured twice in the New York Times in the last four weeks, once in March and most recently this weekend in a magazine interview in which he admits to indulging in birthday cake nearly every single day.

Still, his comments about Indiana's Religious Freedom Restoration Act have drawn a particular ire—with good reason, considering that Cotton essentially argued that gays should feel happy that they are not being executed in public. Miley Cyrus, for instance, tweeted Cotton's office phone number to her 19.4 million followers, almost immediately filling up his voicemail inbox. But not only were his comments egregiously gross, they were also especially curious, because if you talk to just about anyone in Arkansas political circles—as well as average citizens in his hometown of Dardanelle—you'll hear about a persistent rumor that Tom Cotton, a budding face of the GOP and outspoken opponent of homosexuality, is gay.

We first heard about the rumor in September, when a tipster emailed us saying that a story regarding Cotton's sexuality was being passed around Democratic political circles in Arkansas. We spoke, off the record, with several local Democrats—including a high-ranking party official—who would say little about the rumor that Cotton is gay beyond swearing that it existed and was real. Later in the year, Democratic operatives in Washington sent us a photo purporting to be of Cotton at a gay bar in D.C., but despite being picked up by at least one blog, the photo didn't check out.

Through a spokesperson, Cotton declined to comment.

Sponsored

So, is Cotton merely the victim of a whisper campaign engineered by Democrats in his state? That is certainly possible. If you look at the 262 followers of a (frankly homophobic) Cotton parody account called @CottonCandyAR that imagines Cotton as a sort of crossdresser, you'll see several local liberal activists, as well as a few official campaign accounts including that of Mark Pryor, the incumbent senator whom Cotton defeated in November.

Nonetheless, political operatives are far from the only people in Arkansas spreading, or acknowledging, the rumor that Cotton is gay. We spoke to a well-connected local source who has heard whispers about Cotton's sexuality dating back years. We spoke to several of Cotton's high school classmates who said that although there were not suspicions about Cotton when he was in school, they have since heard the rumor that he is gay.

"I never seen tom with a girl or talk about one. rumor was he was gay but no proof ever found," said one woman via Facebook who attended Dardanelle High with Cotton.

There is, if you look in the right places, scattered chatter about Cotton's sexuality on the internet. There is a whole thread on the gay gossip site Datalounge. In 2012, the daughter of an Arkansas state senator was forced to apologize after tweeting that Cotton is gay, and a few months ago the story of his sexuality was picked up by none other than infamous rumormonger Chuck C. Johnson. It's probably no coincidence that Cotton was the first Republican pranked with fake campaign ads on Grindr.

Advertisement

If you look at articles reporting Cotton's recent marriage to his wife Anna, you'll notice anonymous commenters calling the whole thing a sham.

"Beard," says one matter-of-fact comment on an Arkansas Times story about Cotton's marriage. "He had to do something to counter those anti women rants he had during his college years,"a commenter named BUD says on a local news story announcing Cotton's marriage. "And to counter that nagging gay thing."

Cotton's marriage is a particular bug-a-boo amongst certain citizens of Arkansas. Cotton and Anna Peckham announced their marriage abruptly in March of last year, and his office was so unusually evasive about the details that the Arkansas Times wrote that entire article about it. To people in Arkansas who are perhaps already skeptical of Cotton as a politician, the marriage seemed sudden and suspicious, as if Cotton was working to complete a checklist as quickly as possible. The announcement of Anna's pregnancy just seven months after their marriage certainly hasn't helped matters.

"He only got married so people would think he's not gay," said the same high school classmate. "You can tell by the way he walks and talks." Another high school classmate of his told us via Facebook, "I can say that I've not ever seen him with a girlfriend, until he recently got married."

Maybe Cotton is gay or bisexual; maybe he isn't. He might just be an attractive, longtime single, and slightly effeminate Southern man who married a Yankee out of nowhere, thus raising alarm bells among his constituents. The rumors about his sexuality never reached a point in this last election where he, or anyone from his campaign, had to address them. But they're likely a preview of what Cotton is going to have to deal with as he ascends up the Republican party, perhaps even up to the Oval Office, provided he doesn't derail his career first.

As one source said to us some months ago about the rumors of Cotton's sexuality: "This isn't going away."

If you have heard any stories about Tom Cotton, leave a comment below or email us tips@gawker.com or me directly at jordan@gawker.com

[photo by AP]

Bardox

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just when I thought this slim couldn't get any more slimy. Conversion therapy? Really? You can put your prick into a woman you call your "wife", but if you get that boner thinking about Brad Pitt in a thong... you are still queer. You are just lying to yourself. Embrace it and be happy.

Reactions: distilledpunk

N68

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Did Hacker Group Anonymous Just Out Anti-Gay Tom Cotton?

The plot thickens in anti-gay Rep. Tom Cotton/NRA Grindr ad story: Both call ads fake, and Anonymous hackers allegedly have a photo of Cotton at a gay bar.

Show tunes and politics — together at last.

The Tom Cotton story keeps getting weirder and weirder. First, TheBlot Magazine breaks the story the anti-gay congressman and now Senate candidate was running ads (courtesy of the National Rifle Association) on Grindr, a gay hook-up app for smartphones. Ironic given that Tea Party-endorsed Cotton is steadfastly opposed to anything LGBT.

Both the Congressman and the NRA have denied that those are his or their ads and called the image fake, though we trust our source who took the screen shot not to have doctored the image.

The NRA has actually gone so far as to hire a firm to investigate. The firm hired apparently is run by Neal Krawetz, the man who authenticated President Obama’s birth certificate. I’ll let you know if my phone rings.

That was all yesterday.

Now step in the Internet group Anonymous, the loose collection of Internet hackers dedicated to finding truth and uncovering hypocrisy. Late last night, it appeared that Anonymous was using Twitter, Foursquare, and show tunes in an attempt to out the Congressman as gay. In a tweet, Anonymous shares a photo of Cotton (maybe?) at JRs Bar and Grill, a popular Washington, D.C., gay bar that features show tunes on big screen televisions on Monday nights and Saturday afternoons.

Here is the Foursquare check-in with photo:

Is that Tom Cotton in that check-in photo? JR’s does have pretty good drink specials, and the siren call of the show tune is irresistible to many, but whether that tall, dark-haired figure is Cotton is debatable.

But questions remain: Why Tom Cotton? And why Anonymous? Why is the group dedicated to going after ISIS and uncovering the truth in the Michael Brown shooting getting involved in an Arkansas Senate race?

This very well may be the tip of the iceberg.

Stay tuned to TheBlot for updates.

Brock Thompson is a contributing journalist for TheBlot Magazine.

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
It is possible that he has developed sexual attraction for women - it's hard to tell (therapist just helped to bring out repressed bisexuality). Or we can suspect that he's just lying to himself because he yearns to be heterosexual..

It is true that people's sexuality can evolve over time. And this can mean going from predom. homo > predom. hetero, or the other way around. It happens naturally. I read about a few gay men who naturally became curious for pussy...and , yes, they became more hetero than homo. But, again, it happened naturally without cultural considerations. And, no, it's not that common.

But we always need to keep in mind that male homosexuality is still taboo in our society. This impacts men from experimenting, just like religion and culture make men want to be super heterosexual.

Whatever the case, your situation is unique. It's your sexuality; it's your desires; and ultimately, it's your business. But don't impose gay conversion therapy on others. Self-acceptance is hard enough in life, even if you're not gay. LOL. And we all need to strive towards that (look at all the plastic surgery out there where people can't accept their physical person).

N68

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I try to stay away from the politics. This article sums it up for me.

Both Tom Cotton and Lindsey Graham can believe what they want.

As I said, the rumors have been swirling in military circles for years. Hell, Cotton just admitted it.

But when they make legislation to block gay acts after engulfing all the cock in their community, I take issue with that.

Tom Cotton may be an ex-Army Ranger, but his "pink slip" is showing
publication date: Mar 11, 2015

Tom Cotton may be an ex-Army Ranger, but his "pink slip" is showing There is very little doubt that an openly gay candidate for the U.S. Senate or House of Representatives would win an election in notoriously anti-gay Arkansas or South Carolina. However, in the case of freshman Arkansas Senator and Tehran's new "pen pal" Tom Cotton, a former Army Ranger who served in Iraq and Afghanistan, and his major supporter, Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, an Air Force Judge Advocate General reserve officer, the Republicans have quite stealthily moved two closeted homosexuals into the U.S. Senate from both states.

WMR covered Graham's closeted status in our March 26, 2010 report: "WMR was recently told by South Carolina-based journalists that they are amazed that South Carolina Republican Senator Lindsey Graham's homosexuality has not been reported in Washington. Graham is also one of the beneficiaries of President Obama's overturning of the 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' policy that now permits gays and lesbians to openly serve on active duty. Graham is a Judge Advocate General Colonel in the U.S. Air Force. In 2004, Graham voted for the Federal Marriage Amendment, which prohibited gay marriages. Graham has recently received a zero rating from the gay rights Human Rights Campaign for his opposition to gay rights legislation."

It should be added that one of the South Carolina journalists who passed on the information about Graham worked for The State newspaper, Columbia's paper-of-record on South Carolina politics.

Now comes word that Cotton, who has called for the arrest and prosecution of journalists who "leak" national security secrets even though he once wrote for the Harvard Crimson, is a frequent customer of JR's, a well-known gay bar in Washington, DC's primarily-gay Dupont Circle neighborhood.
o.jpg

Questions are being raised about "Tehran Tom" Cotton's
off-duty exploits in Washington, including his being a frequent patron of JR's, a Dupont Circle gay bar
.​

Cotton joined the U.S. Army in 2005. He graduated from Harvard Law School in 2002 where one of his law professors was Elizabeth Warren, who now serves with him in the Senate as a senator from Massachusetts. The GOP, especially its Southern branch, generally runs short on bona fide veterans to run for political office. In order to compensate for its lack of veterans, the party grooms people like Cotton and Graham to earn some military gravitas before they are put on the fast track for the U.S. House and then the Senate. The military service record is essential for the Republicans in order to compensate for the "gay" rumors that swirl around some of the party's political recruits.

After serving a short tour of duty in Iraq, Cotton was transferred to The Old Guard at Arlington National Cemetery, known for its provision of model soldiers for guarding Arlington Cemetery's Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and providing troops for the funerals of deceased veterans. Cotton then served two tours of duty in Afghanistan before he was discharged at Fort Myer, Virginia, across the Potomac River from Washington.

Cotton's military service propelled him into the U.S. House in 2012 and in 2014 he was elected to the Senate, defeating incumbent Democrat Mark Pryor. Cotton has come to the public's attention as the author of the letter to Iran's leadership informing them that any P5+1 nuclear agreement with Iran will be terminated the minute President Obama leaves office. Although 46 Republican senators plus Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal signed Cotton's letter, some of the signatories expressed remorse for doing so after newspaper editorials around the country condemned the action.

Rumors about Cotton began swirling during his race for the Senate when it was discovered that the Cotton campaign was running political ads on GRINDR, a smart phone application for gay men looking to hook up with other gay men. Cotton had earlier received the endorsement of the National Organization for Marriage because of his anti-gay marriage stance.

And speaking of marriage, there is the curious rushed wedding of Cotton in March 2014 during his Senate campaign. Cotton married Anna Peckham, described at the time as a Republican lawyer who was only seen once with Cotton at a Washington event in 2013 sponsored by the neo-conservative American Enterprise Institute. With no announcement of a prior engagement or any details about Peckham, the Arkansas media reported that Cotton married Peckham over the March 15, 2014 weekend. Cotton's House office refused to provide any details about Peckham or the wedding, not even the bride's full name or the location of the wedding.

The rumors that Cotton had to arrange a quick marriage to a "beard" in order to cover up his gay life style immediately began circulating in Arkansas and Washington, DC. Cotton's "quickie marriage" was all the more peculiar since he had written of his support for the concept of "covenant marriages," which had been adopted into law in Arkansas due to the efforts of Governor Mike Huckabee in 2001. Cotton words of "covenant marriages" were: "Couples who choose a covenant marriage undergo counseling before they marry and can divorce only with fault, defined as abandonment, physical abuse, adultery or conviction of a capital crime."

But where was Cotton's pre-marital "counseling" before he married Peckham? Did he only advocate "covenant marriages" for others but not for himself?

This is the only information KSFM-TV of Fort Smith, Arkansas was able to report on concerning the Cotton-Peckham nuptials:
"U.S. Rep. Tom Cotton was married this weekend to Virgina attorney Anna Peckham, according to his office . . . The wedding took place Saturday (March 15) at a small ceremony with family and friends, said spokesman David Ray. The location is being kept confidential, Ray said. Peckham will take the congressman’s last name and be called Anna Cotton. The couple will take a short honeymoon during the congressional recess and ultimately live and raise a family in Arkansas, Ray said. Cotton’s wife grew up in rural Nebraska and met him at a lunch that she attended 'at the encouragement of a mutual friend,' Ray said. The two have been engaged since 2013."

Cotton was reportedly a frequent customer of JR's between his election to the House in 2012 and his marriage in March 2014. It is not known whether Cotton frequented DC's gay bars when he was assigned to the Old Guard, however, many of the clientele of gay bars in Dupont Circle and in southeast Washington along the Pennsylvania Avenue corridor close to the Marine Barracks and the Washington Navy Yard are active duty enlisted men and officers.

JR's is popular with gay men because the bartenders, who even attract straight women because of their looks, are known to go shirtless in the evening. Some of the bartenders are known as "bears" because of their hirsute chests. The most popular entertainment JR's offers is on Monday nights when Broadway show tunes are the de riguer. Perhaps the White House should adopt as its theme song, Oscar Hammerstein's "I'm gonna wash that man right out of my hair," in response to questions about Cotton's letter to the ayatollahs of Iran.

Reactions: keenobserver

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Just when I thought this slim couldn't get any more slimy. Conversion therapy? Really? You can put your prick into a woman you call your "wife", but if you get that boner thinking about Brad Pitt in a thong... you are still queer. You are just lying to yourself. Embrace it and be happy.
Can we make it Hugh Jackman in a thong?

umdoistressilvaquatro

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You can put your prick into a woman you call your "wife", but if you get that boner thinking about Brad Pitt in a thong... you are still queer.
How do straight people have the nerve to call a gay guy an homophobic slur even in a website they're a minority?

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
We have to be careful that we don't judge him. We don't really know why he is doing what he is doing, even if we have strong suspicions one way or another. Let him define himself as he sees fit.

Calling him "always queer" is nasty. Not only is that an insult to all gay men (very derogatory), but he may very well be sexually attracted to this woman. We're not in his mind or body when he's having sex. How can we truly know what some stranger is feeling or thinking during sexual activity??? Impossible.

^ It's just not my business to define his sexuality. That's for him to do, if he so chooses.

Let's cut the homophobia out right now. Let's stop the "Once gay, always gay" mentality, too. That's immature thinking about human sexuality, which is highly, highly complicated. Some people's sexuality evolves greatly over time, irrespective of cultural taboos.

Reactions: baddestgirlie5

keenobserver

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If Sen. Cotton is claiming he has defeated his desires for hot guys with conversion therapy then the correct term for him is liar.

I certainly accept that sexuality is fluid and he may well be bi-sexual in his desires and has not taken a bend towards his 1% straight side. I really don't care about his personal life. However he has made it fair game by fighting to hurt people based on their orientation and trying to code his bias into laws.

He deserves whatever Hell reigns down upon him from the left, right and middle. Given the idiotic outlooks of the Bible thumpers he has depended on to gain election he will undoubtedly survive for a while, but he is about to find out how bright the lights burn on people will sexual issues that are contrary to the Bible belt beliefs he has embraced. Ask a Mr. J. Duggar.

Reactions: 10silverdollars

umdoistressilvaquatro

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
We have to be careful that we don't judge him. We don't really know why he is doing what he is doing, even if we have strong suspicions one way or another. Let him define himself as he sees fit.

Calling him "always queer" is nasty. Not only is that an insult to all gay men (very derogatory), but he may very well be sexually attracted to this woman. We're not in his mind or body when he's having sex. How can we truly know what some stranger is feeling or thinking during sexual activity??? Impossible.

^ It's just not my business to define his sexuality. That's for him to do, if he so chooses.

Let's cut the homophobia out right now. Let's stop the "Once gay, always gay" mentality, too. That's immature thinking about human sexuality, which is highly, highly complicated. Some people's sexuality evolves greatly over time, irrespective of cultural taboos.
We have 12 decades of documentation of the failure and frauds of sexual reorientation experiments, from Eugen Steinach to Alan Chambers, to prove that there's no such thing as ex-gay. I don't know how the fuck did you menage to think that you are somehow "cutting homophobia out" by suggesting that ex-gay camps might work - because that's what sen Tom Cotton is saying: he was gay, but then Journey into Manhood degayed him, and the rest of LGBT people should try to find the program that works for them.
Enough of this deceived solipsist bullshit "that nobody is capable of knowing someone else's sexual orientation", ok? Sexual orientation is not complex, it's interaction with homophobia is what mystifies it.
We know he used to think himself as gay (his words, not mine). He then gone through a process of degaying that doesn't work (APA words, not mine). As the process doesn't work, we know that he actually leaved with his sexuality unaltered. What's his sexuality now?

N68

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It sounds like he knew the story was surfacing, and his way of getting ahead of it was to keep in line with religiosity.

When you make statements like this, it would be a virtual sh!tstorm if someone outed him.

Arkansas senator Tom Cotton ignited a firestorm yesterday when he said on CNN that gays who were complaining about anti-gay legislation in Indiana and Arkansas should shut up because, hey, at least they weren't being killed like in Iran. So how come nobody in Arkansas believes he's straight?

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
I still think that sexuality is fluid and is naturally malleable over time for some people.

The greater issue here:

Some people have to do what they have to do to survive. America is chalk full of people who can't accept themselves for whatever reason. This man has a right to live as sees fit, even if I disagree with his religious beliefs, etc. I am not him - and maybe - just maybe - he can't cope anymore without doing what he's doing.

I understand the other side: his actions make young gays feel ashamed of who they are. Well, yes...but we're all selfish creatures. Same thing with people who can't accept their bodies and get plastic surgery. Are you all saying the rest of us are all ugly? I don't want to compare the latter with homophobia, a very, very serious issue in our society (so is plastic surgery, but it's different lol).

I am going to defend this man, even if I disagree with him. I'm not sure his gay feelings are gone. But I don't care what gets him sexually excited, nor can I can ever prove it. Some people live a lie their whole lives (like an atheist priest).

I do not support gay therapy in general. But as long as homosexuality remains taboo, some gay men will feel compelled to attempt to change to fit it. So gay-conversion therapy It's a coping mechanism. And I wish them success (often won't work, though).

Reactions: baddestgirlie5

keenobserver

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I still think that sexuality is fluid and is naturally malleable over time for some people.

The greater issue here:

Some people have to do what they have to do to survive. America is chalk full of people who can't accept themselves for whatever reason. This man has a right to live as sees fit, even if I disagree with his religious beliefs, etc. I am not him - and maybe - just maybe - he can't cope anymore without doing what he's doing.

I understand the other side: his actions make young gays feel ashamed of who they are. Well, yes...but we're all selfish creatures. Same thing with people who can't accept their bodies and get plastic surgery. Are you all saying the rest of us are all ugly? I don't want to compare the latter with homophobia, a very, very serious issue in our society (so is plastic surgery, but it's different lol).

I am going to defend this man, even if I disagree with him. I'm not sure his gay feelings are gone. But I don't care what gets him sexually excited, nor can I can ever prove it. Some people live a lie their whole lives (like an atheist priest).

I do not support gay therapy in general. But as long as homosexuality remains taboo, some gay men will feel compelled to attempt to change to fit it. So gay-conversion therapy It's a coping mechanism. And I wish them success (often won't work, though).

I don't have an issue with "doing what he needs to survive." However his actions as a Senator and as a Congrssman make it harder for others to survive. It's really THAT simple.

If he feels the need to keep his self hating dick loving ass in a closet - fine, but stay the fuck out of publc life.

Gay conversion therapy is not a coping mechanism is is a repression mechanism that devalues individuals and demeans everyone. If anything is suicide in a spiritual and sometimes physical sense.

Reactions: MisterB