Gore To Endorse Dean, Sources Say

longtimelurker: Well our press doesn't seem too impressed with the decision - they basically said that he was good at raising money from his grassroots, but tends to appeal only to the extreme left (blimey - do you even have an extreme left? :-/)

So - what's up with the guy? Have the Dem's thrown away their chance? Was he the best of a bad bunch or is he really an amazing politician in waiting?

pghcyclist:
Well our press doesn't seem too impressed with the decision - they basically said that he was good at raising money from his grassroots, but tends to appeal only to the extreme left (blimey - do you even have an extreme left? )

So - what's up with the guy? Have the Dem's thrown away their chance? Was he the best of a bad bunch or is he really an amazing politician in waiting?

He's a social moderate-to-liberal who is against gun control (enforce existing laws instead), very good on LGBT and women's rights (as are most of the democrats) and a fiscal conservative.

Rather than reading second hand accounts in the press, I suggest you go to http://www.deanforamerica.com and read the policies first hand.

Scott

jerkin4-10: pecker...a man of few...concise words...LMAO...i was gonna comment...but you once again have said it all...good job! :D

hawl: Maybe it strengthens my "conservative credentials" for me to say I still don't know what's going on with the Democrats and their "front-runners". I still support Kerry, even though I was not invited to this "trial"-http://truthout.org/docs_03/121003A.shtml. Clark is so tied to the ex-Clinton posse that I think he may be the one hurt most by Gore's "defection". I still think the final "ticket' will be either Kerry-Dean or Dean-Kerry, but the Democrats can be so spastic that to my dismay I still can't rule out Sharpton!

longtimelurker: Is Dean likely to want to take second best, though if he gathered most of the election money and is the one with the endorsements and the press coverage?

The article you posted though, rrrrrr didn't sound too promising for Kerry's hopes. Shame - he came across as a nice guy (but then I suppose that is their job...)