Got a Vasectomy

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by orbit03, Jan 8, 2006.

1. orbit03

orbit03 Member

Well, my wife and I decided that we didn't need any more sperm in our relationship so I decided to get a vasectomy. Got it done last friday. While it hurt a bit, it didn't hurt nearly as much as I had built it up in my mind. It only took about 30 min or so and I spent the afternoon in bed with an ice pack on my package. They gave me three Oxycodone for the pain, but I didn't even need those as three advil took care of the pain. It kinda feels like somebody squeezed the plums a little too hard, but that if fading. I have to stay away from sex for seven days (probably isn't going to be much of a problem). I have to take a sample in for analysis in 10 weeks and another two weeks after that. If they are clear, we are free to have as much fun as we want w/o birth control. :) I can't wait. :)

2. 10.5andproudofit

10.5andproudofit New Member

Albums:
    hope your jumblies feel okay man

3. mdc

mdc New Member

I had a vasectomy 3 years ago this month. I didn't really experience any pain after the surgery, just bruising that lasted a few days. I did experience some discomfort a few months after because of the buidup of sperm, but that subsided.

4. sgop

sgop New Member

The worst thing was when the hair grew back, it was prickly for weeks and gave both me and my wife sort of friction burns. Ironic that I shave my balls every week now, why didn't I just keep it all smooth?

I had no problem really, and would recommend it to anyone, but if I was going through it now I'd opt for cut-and-tie (where the vas is cut and the ends tied off, but then the ends are tied in line (sort of ===x=___=x=== ) because the vas forms part of the ball's suspension system, and helps to keep it in line. Without it you can sometimes (twice in 25 yrs!) get a twisted ball or 'torsion' which is bloody painful. Never happens during sex, it's usually something like sitting or squatting down (changing a tyre in one case) on a hot day when they're hangin' low. Small price to pay for a lifetime's sex with no condoms and no contraception worries.

5. bigtwin

bigtwin Member

Albums:
    Thanks for the input Gentlemen,

I recently visited a Urologist to explore the vasectomy option and now the ball, so to speak, is in my court. My wife is being very supportive and has not pushed but I know in my head and my heart that she shouldn't be on contraceptives for-evah. We have 3 kids and its time to end those reproductive habits.

6. SR_Pepe_LePube

SR_Pepe_LePube Account Disabled

I didn't want my wife on the Pill any longer - she's done her bit so as we no longer want any more children and want enjoy sex without the need to stop and put on a condom I had a vasectomy.

Thankfully I didn't have any problems and I only wish I did it sooner. Our sex life has improved - no more worries about having an unwanted pregnancy.

7. Xii

Xii New Member

Albums:
    wow, that's really amazing.. i mean i can understand if a woman had her tubes tied, but how does it feel not ejaculating? Sorry if i come off as rude or ignorant, i just can't imagine what it would be like to not shoot...

8. SR_Pepe_LePube

SR_Pepe_LePube Account Disabled

Having a vasectomy only prevents my sperm from joining the semen at ejaculation. The operation does not affect my ability to have 'normal' sexual intercourse and does not affect my sexual drive in any way. Indeed, being aware that I cannot father a child means I am totally focussed on having great sex. Seminal fluid continues to be ejaculated when I reach my climax but it does not contain sperm. My testicles continue to produce the hormone, which is responsible for my masculine qualities. In other words, the operation does not affect my sexuality. :wink:

9. KinkGuy

Gold Member

Xii, A vasectomy prevents only the actual sperm and a miniscule amount of fluid from being ejaculated. The vast majority of ejaculate is NOT actual sperm. Men rarely, if ever, can tell the difference in their load size after the procedure.

10. B_Danceswithlamps

B_Danceswithlamps New Member

Thats good. Congratulations! I'm glad to hear that you are worried about your wives. That means you care! :D:D

11. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

My poor cousin could only come up with half the money for his vasectomy.

The doctor only snipped one ball.

12. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    I'd like to get a vasectomy, but unfortunately the Elder Gods have lumbered me with the responsibility for breeding a legion of mutant psychopaths to cleanse this planet of all the human creatures. sigh.

13. KinkGuy

Gold Member

Everyone needs a hobby.

14. B_BigToob

B_BigToob New Member

I'd like to thank you guys, though I'm still really young, 19, me and my girlfriend have talked about getting kids, and what to happen after that. We also discussed a vasectomy, but I was revolted even by the idea. Just like Xii, I had the idea I could not ejaculate anymore after the surgery, and that is what disliked most.
    Now you guys told me that isn't the case, I can rethink it all, and reopen the discussion with my girl.

So once again: Thank you!

15. sgop

sgop New Member

I doubt if you'll find a Urologist to do you a vasesctomy at anything like your age: too many things could happen in your life in the next 10 years. And your views on all sorts of things (including kids) could change. I was 28 when I had mine done and even then we had to go through counselling (If I hear one more medic tell me it's not reversable I'm going to run at him with an axe!). I've never since then had a moment of wishing otherwise, but I know that's not neccessarily the same for everyone. The usual scenario painted is "what would happen if you met someone who made having children a deal-breaker?" or, if you have children already, "how would you feel if something happened to your kids and you couldn't have more?"

On the subject of post-snip: I can't stress enough the volume of actual sperm in a shot of cum is about 2 - 3 %. Fully 97% is various fluids made by the prostate and Cowper's glands which provides an alkyline buffering solution, and various proteins etc. (which is why cum clots in hot water!) and other stuff (additives, preservatives E-numbers)..... OK, I lied about those]. I challenge anyone without a microscope to tell the difference between his load with and without the sperm content. No different to sex drive 'cos the balls are still making testosterone; BETTER sex 'cos no condoms needed, no worries; no difference in cum texture or volume, no difference in orgasm. Downside ? You should really regard it as irreversable.

16. B_BigToob

B_BigToob New Member

I am not planning on having a vasectomy within 10 years from now...

17. sgop

sgop New Member

Sorry Tobias, my mis-reading..
    That'll teach me to speed-read postings! I got all of the words but none of the sense!

["I'm playing all the right notes, Sunshine, but not neccessarily in the right order; I'll give you that."]

18. orbit03

orbit03 Member

well, six-days in and it is still kinda sore but not too bad. I get to test it out tomorrow. I haven't been in much of a mood to do anything, but as I'm starting to feel better and getting anxious to start cleaning out the pipes. :)

19. sgop

sgop New Member

I'd recommend a solo performance first, It will help you to gauge the amount of bouncing around the poor battered balls will put up with.

Bonne Chance, mon brave!

(the more you shoot, the sooner you'll use up the stores)

20. sgop

sgop New Member

Well........? Don't keep us in suspense... does it still work?

Draft saved Draft deleted