Got any hobbies?

chicago_girl: Renovating my house has become the biggest consumer of my free time lately. I like to think of it as a hobby and not a chore considering I have about another year of work ahead of me.
Reading is the hobby I enjoy the most. I have at least 500 books in my library and have read 90% of them.

Ralexx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
bilbobagginsx wrote
Ralexx, you need a hobby.

Umm... :D, you're the 234.000-th person who tells me that !! :p

Da_blissmachine, I speak, my native language (Roumanian, meaning I also speak "Moldavian" because they are the same language, ;)), English, French (ben, très bien que toi, tu le parles aussi, c'est tout à fait naturel de connaître plusieures langues aujourd'hui), Italian, German, I am a beginner in Dutch and katharevoussa Greek...

Porque agora, mein Freund, it must be understood très bien che siamo diventati auténticos Europeos. :-*

bartonside

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It's diffiuclt to decide if we are talking about hobbies or interests - but here goes. I enjoy cooking (try my cakes and wholemeal bread!), photography, gardening, maintaining my 18 year old car and listening to many different kinds of music. I am also interested in (deep breath!) the social history of World War 2, advertising and packaging (I collect interesting modern tins), art deco design, railways, trams (streetcars to some), cinema - particularly animation, the social history of medieval England and computing. I have an extensive library that covers all these any many other topics - I particularly enjoy albums of old photographs and books of old maps. Also, in view of my occupation, I take a great interest in the history of radio broadcasting. Er - that's it!

da_blissmachine: haha rolexx estoy de acuerdo..... c'est très important samjhnaa languages

ORCABOMBER: [quote author=bartonside link=board=meetgreet;num=1043308484;start=15#22 date=01/26/03 at 09:44:59]It's diffiuclt to decide if we are talking about hobbies or interests [/quote]
I think it's whatever you think qualifies huh?

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Taken by [link=http://www.dictionary.com]Dictionary.com[/link]:

--HOBBY: An activity or interest pursued outside one's regular occupation and engaged in primarily for pleasure. Also, refers to any of several small falcons of the genus Falco.

--INTEREST: A state of curiosity or concern about or attention to something, or something, such as a quality, subject, or activity, that evokes such a mental state.

Hobbies are always interests, but interests aren't necessarily hobbies.

mhk: Hobbies/interests: playing golf as much as possible,

working on and restoring classic American Muscle:

Pontiacs between 1964 - 1969 :)

ORCABOMBER: [quote author=DeeBlackthorne link=board=meetgreet;num=1043308484;start=15#25 date=01/26/03 at 23:33:39]Taken by [link=http://www.dictionary.com]Dictionary.com[/link]:
[/quote]
Okay Dee, I get the point...

BIGBOYDAVE: Latley Its Just Laying nude in The California Sun and Letting my thing get brown and feeling good :) ;) 8)