Got circumcised this morning, possibly still bleeding?

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by mclarenlm, Jul 10, 2009.

1. mclarenlm

mclarenlm New Member

Hello all,

I got circumcised this morning and I might still be bleeding although I am not sure because I went to the bathroom and noticed blood with the urine. There was blood on nearly all of the cotton wrap cloth as well when in the morning it was just in certain parts. It might be just dried up blood coming out with urine.

Before I head to the ER for what maybe an unnecessary visit, I just wanted to see what happened with others who got circumcised as adults. Is the bleeding normal during first day (especially first few hours) or two?

I am not looking for a debate on cut vs. uncut as this was medically necessary. Input appreciated. Thanks!

2. Ric1

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    what post op infomation have you received?

3. B_Morning_Glory

B_Morning_Glory New Member

it is best to see a Dr. to be sure. but my hubby did this the whole day after he was cut. your not really bleeding as it seems. it was some blood on the bandage over time and when he peed it mixed in with it and looked as tho he was bleeding with blood in his urine but a trip to the Dr. and he found out what the problem was. you mite spot a little now and then but you shouldn't bleed very much at one time. he pulled a stitch but he was fine. other wise with his circumcision. have been with a lot of guys who have gotten it done as well. PM if you have any questions if you want. saves all the cut uncut crap in theses threads. wish you the best. and let us know how it all turns out. but get to the Dr so you will know for sure. hope was of some help to you.

4. D_ayd11bcn

D_ayd11bcn Account Disabled

That's normal. Just keep your dick wrapped in gauze and change it out periodically. Eventually in a day or two the wounds will scab and heal and the stitches will fall out in a few more days. Just resist the temptation to pick at the scabs and you'll do fine. I'm 26 and I got circumcised when I was 14 and I still remember those days after the operation. Oh and also try not to arouse yourself, it will hurt... back when I was 14 it was easier said than done haha!!

5. mclarenlm

mclarenlm New Member

I was told to apply ointment cream twice daily and change gauze as needed to keep clean. To apply cream i would have to take off gauze. They conveniently forgot to leave area unopen for me to piss so I have to pee through gauze. Also given Tylenol 3 for pain.

6. mclarenlm

mclarenlm New Member

I am just worried that changing the gauze might undo the stitches. I also made the mistake of wearing boxers rather than something tighter to hold things. I already told my GF not to say anything arousing for a couple of weeks. Thanks!

7. STYLYUNG

STYLYUNG New Member

Go to the ER. Get a decent bandage. That urinatig through the gause sounds fishy. Doesn' the urine burn at the stitch line. It could be a souce of infection,too. At this point, the stitches will not break or untie. When they re-wrap your penis with a new bandage, make sure that both layers of skin are butted together for a faster healing time. Later on, the stitches will disolve and fall out. I had one stitch that did come out too early. I butted the two ends together. You could actually see the new skin forming. Healing was perfect. I have trouble finding the scar. I was 34 at the time of my cut. I have never regretted being circumcised--Cleaner, better looking, better for thrusting. You are going to be happy with yourself for making this positive decision. So will your partners!

But do get to the ER, SOON !!! Like NOW! That urine-soaked gause does't sound right!!! Somebody has goofed!

#7 STYLYUNG, Jul 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  8. D_CountdeGrandePinja

D_CountdeGrandePinja Account Disabled

was it for medical reasons? Also keep it moist with Aquaphor!

9. mclarenlm

mclarenlm New Member

I thought about the burning too but there is none (for now). It looks like the blood is from earlier that dried up. I am going to change the gauze before I go to sleep and i will sleep minimal tonight. If there is any blood in the morning I am going to the ER.

10. Mark_UK

Mark_UK New Member

Albums:
    I feel faint.
    please don't tell me you did this because someone told you it looked better.

11. darkbond007

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Go to a doctor and have them re-wrap it. There is no need for your head not to be exposed so you can pee.Leave the bandage on for however long the doctor tells you.

12. mclarenlm

mclarenlm New Member

Update: So I woke around 4:30 am this morning to feel something moving down there. Went to the bathroom and noticed the gauze had come off and I was bleeding worried that the stitches had busted loose.

I just got back from the ER where the doc said bleeding was normal and everything looked good including the stitches. Also, there was no blood with the urine after they wrapped me up and left an area to urinate from.

He said to keep applying the antibiotic cream to prevent the gauze from sticking to the skin. Also, he said the original gauze rarely ever stays the period recommended. So its looking good for now. Thanks everyone for the tips and suggestions.

For those asking why I got it done, re-read my first post at the end it states medically necessary. No other reasons and like I said not looking for debate.

13. B_Morning_Glory

B_Morning_Glory New Member

and why should his reason for it matter to you? there is nothing wrong with a circumcised cock. they are better actually. but everyone has their own opinion . so we should respect the op request and not debate the reasons why. :wink:

14. B_8BigDicked8

B_8BigDicked8 New Member

Circumcision is totally fucked up and unnecessary bro. Why did you do it?

15. Tommy56

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hey bud! Sorry you're having to go through this. Heal up!

16. davey2k4eva

davey2k4eva Member

Albums:
    Hey mate sorry to hear you been having problems, i went through the same thing bout 3 years ago (for medical reasons also) hope it gets better soon :)

Oh n try not to get a hardon :p fucking kills lol

17. bayamon_55

bayamon_55 Member

Albums:
    there is nothing wrong. there are drains for blood there and on my case the stitches were self dissolving ones which combine with blood to make a mess on your underwear. also if you look at yourslf closely you will notice an injection entrance on your glans. this is novacaine being injected there to reduce pain. that needle entrance needs to heal as well.

the same as tatoos all you have to do is clean the area with soap and water, nothing else. do not put oinments in there. you will notice bloody ooze for two days and then oozing for three days more that is not bloody but the self dissolving stitches just doing their thing which is dissolve and stain everything. do not wear underwear you like a lot because this stitches will stain the fabrics. i wore black colored underwear to prevent that.

the only problem i had was with the morning wood. i used to wake up with pain every morning because of the night erections. but in all the suffering will stop in a week and then you will be pretty normal but newly cut. do not have sex at least for 4 weeks so all the skin heals and the scars do not stretch. otherwise your dick will end up loooking like frankestein moster dick with stretched out scars. good luck.

ps. even the slightest breeze coming out of the shower used to get me hard the first days. the uncovered glans is very super sensitive. this will also pass.

18. brianincny

brianincny New Member

Albums:
    I got it done a couple months ago and am very positive on the results. I be you will be too. Hopefully you're thru the worst part, which for me were the first 3 nights. By about a week you should get used to your penis being permanently expose. Best thing to do is leave it alone. You won't believe how good its going to look in a couple weeks. Good luck.

Draft saved Draft deleted