Got my work restrictions today I feel a little

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by MidwestGal, Feb 12, 2008.

1. MidwestGal

MidwestGal Member

Albums:
    screwed over because the doctor said nothing about the fact that my symtoms are completely uncontrolled right, now much less the constant vomiting and the fact any movement send me into a vertigo attack (i.e. walking, bending, riding an elevator, and being so sensitive to lights.). Nothing in there reguarding the fact I have double vision much of the time. I will be speaking to their office this afternoon. But I think my chances of getting SSDI are over thanks to this letter. Also most of the meds I am on I should not be driving!

My diagnoisis is listed as Meniere's Disease so I guess that is what his determination was at this point.

Restrictions included for activities of daily living: No rapid head or eye movements, no walking for more than and hour at a time, no overhead work, no duties that require a good sense of balance and no climbing. No retrictions for sitting or for work requiring fine manipulation. She cannot lift or carry objects weighing more than 15 lbs. Patient has difficulty hearing.

The walking for an hour at a time made me laugh. I totally failed a test called a posturagraphy. Where they have a platform that moves under your feet and scenery that moves. Well my body's response to the test within a minute was severe vomiting for an hour at a time along with extreme dizziness. The test is a way to quantify the amount of balance one has. I have little to no sense of balance which is the reason I fall so much.

If you think about it what poor bastard is going to hire someone with all of these restrictions? I'd already be back in school if I thought I could physically do it or back to work. I'm tired of being home! My guess is that they will say I can return to work as an Optician. I guess I will talk to the lawyer too because I have notes from other doctors stating I had more limited activities than this for the past two years and they all recommended I not be working at all.

I did forget I could put this in my blog but can't cut and paste what I already wrote so I am going to leave it here. I know that several people have been following my progress and I get tired of repeating this. So, those of you that are bothered by this post.....sorry!

2. Charles Finn

Gold Member

Albums:
    hugs sorry for your troubles
    do not give up your fight for your SSDI it is yours you worked for it
    I was lucky I got approved my first time
    so good luck

3. Whopper-lee

Gold Member

Albums:
    Do take care of your self & health now that you know... thatgal... dats on the real side of life....good luck!

4. MidwestGal

MidwestGal Member

Albums:
    thanks but it could take almost a year to get a trial after I am turned down this time. I'm going to try to have the doctor rewrite the letter. Other than that I don't know what else to do at this point.

If they say I can return to work as an optician then I will talk to the Opthamologist I worked for and see if he can provide me a letter stating these symtoms and the job can't be done. I use to stand for hours on end there and trying to look though the lensometer got me sick to my stomach even 3 years ago when I was doing that type of job.

I am at a loss where to go with this anymore. I have racked my brain for 2 years trying to think of other jobs that I can do. Data entry would require head movement and eye movement so would medical transcription which could be done at home.

I just feel like curling up in a corner and am ready to start crying.

5. MidwestGal

MidwestGal Member

Albums:
    thanks whopper

6. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Wow, that must be difficult for you sweety. Take it one day at a time and see where it ends up.

7. MidwestGal

MidwestGal Member

Albums:

thanks TK, I'm not having an easy time with any of this.

8. MidwestGal

MidwestGal Member

Albums:
    They redid the form for me with the corrected information!!!! It was the medical assistant that filled it out (whom had never met me). I'm not worried anymore, I had some input on what is in the letter. I am relieved!

Draft saved Draft deleted