[plus another four verses by B J King, apparently his real name!]

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
faceking said:
>>neighborhood is in peril of being demolished

REALLY???!!! So Walmart has emminent domain now... or is this second cousin to Hummer and hetero christian family complaints?....

They tried to use eminant domain until the feds took that off the table, this has been going on for a few years. Still, TIFF money's not much different when you're in a poor neighborhood. That company just has no respect for communities, historic landmarks- anything but their own profits.

T

that_other_guy

madame_zora said:
That company just has no respect for communities, historic landmarks- anything but their own profits.

Wal-Mart ??? Noooooooo ... when I hear that name a model image of civic duty comes to mind (and is then clear cut, paved, built on, & eventually left as an empty shell of a Wal-Mart)

Ummagumma

Experimental Member
Media
SomeGuyOverThere said:
To compliment the "Got Happies" thread, lets post whats making our lives shit at the moment:
I won't bitch about the rolling snowball that is my problems, but I have a good compliment to my 'happy':

The Les Claypool concert, while awesome performance wise (his band consisted of a drummer, percussionist/xylophonist, saxophonist and ... sitarist - not standard for your average rock band! Yet they still rocked better than anything on the radio, it was one of the most intense concerts I've ever been, and his bass playing is simply the greatest you will find in music today, hands down), was SO crowded and I was forced to bear witness to a really young girl (like 14 young) freak out on acid or some shit like that... what a downer. Er... what a shitty.

Heather LouAnna said:
Would you like a waaamburger? How about some frenchcries with that?
How about a Whineken!? .... and Def Leppard sucks!

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
alex8 said:
The bastard store arrived in Germany in 1997 as well... and some fuckthimble with no sense of history called the main branch in the Neukölln suburb of the capital.... the Berlin Wal-Mart. That's pretty shitty in its own right. :rolleyes:

you just gave me a great idea. lets put one in downtown philadelphia. and call it the "independence hallwal-mart". who needs history. cheap shit rocks!

these people really would wreck down anything in the name of making a buck. fucktards. "we sell for less - cuz people making slave wages in china manufacture our stuff".

I read somewhere the other day that wal-mart is trying to copyright the smiley face so it will only be able to be used in their stores. It seems somewhat telling that such a potent image of the 60's counterculture and later of acid house should become just another logo for a huge corporation.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media

rhino_horn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
SomeGuyOverThere said:
Even though this is the "shitty" thread, I feel a lot better after committing that stuff to a list and posting it.

Anyone else care to contribute?

*tumbleweed*

im feeling pretty shitty for the lebanese...also, im jobless...but aside from these things and the occasional feeling of idle laggardness, im good.

*i like to look to my penis for emotional support during these troubling times.
This should cheer you guy:
Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hbp-boz3ReI

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKs8y...elated&search=

Rain can be a good thing.:biggrin1:

am i partly gay for finding that entertaining?

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
madame_zora said:
They tried to use eminant domain until the feds took that off the table, this has been going on for a few years. Still, TIFF money's not much different when you're in a poor neighborhood. That company just has no respect for communities, historic landmarks- anything but their own profits.

Gotcha.

On a side note, when did the Sunni Triangle become the Triangle of Death? Is that sensitivity gone awry?

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
dcwrestlefan said:
cuz people making slave wages in china manufacture our stuff".

That's why stuff made in china is a whole lot better than anything made right here in the U.S.A.
They don't have big unions and labor mentality like we have here.
It's do your job, do it right, or your out the door, or dead.

Bought a go-kart, Made in USA. Broke every time I took it out.
Bought a go-kart, Made in china - still running strong, much better welds, better steel.

Craftsman tools.... Ever break a ratchet and try to get it replaced?? They take your all metal ratchet, and give you a ratchet with a plastic insert.
Fucking Junk.

Made in china shit rocks...sorry boys and girls. Busted too many knuckles breaking US tools, VS china ones.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Rikter8 said:
That's why stuff made in china is a whole lot better than anything made right here in the U.S.A.
They don't have big unions and labor mentality like we have here.
It's do your job, do it right, or your out the door, or dead.

Bought a go-kart, Made in USA. Broke every time I took it out.
Bought a go-kart, Made in china - still running strong, much better welds, better steel.

Craftsman tools.... Ever break a ratchet and try to get it replaced?? They take your all metal ratchet, and give you a ratchet with a plastic insert.
Fucking Junk.

Made in china shit rocks...sorry boys and girls. Busted too many knuckles breaking US tools, VS china ones.

Unfortunately, the American psyche just can NOT accept that Japanese and Chinese products are BETTER.

It's how Japan rebuilt thier auto market for instance--they brought in key American business thinkers, thought LONG term, and decided that is they made vehicles that were a higher quality and lasted longer, people would pay (more) for them and keep coming back.

I will buy American when we start making things that last instead of things that break in order to have repeat consumers. My first and last Craftsman tool broke within 3 weeks. Never again.

If you want me as a repeat customer, make shit that lasts and I will be more of your brand--other things. It's pretty simple.

Wonderboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well here are some things contributing to the present day shitty state of affairs:

'Daddy wasn't there'
I don't really like my mother...she has never encouraged, supported, or taken an interest in mine or my (half) sister's life
Thus, I can pinpoint the failure of college to me being worried about it (high school is compulsory, I knew it had to be done, I was unsure about college) to her not caring or ever asking me how my day was etc...or about what I wanted to be blah blah blah. I mean I might have some focus and 'happies' if I had a little bit of encouragement. All I get is grief and shit all day every day from basically all my family. I should probably tell them how I feel but I wouldn't want to upset anyone...

Meh.

Anyway...the more tangible problems that aren't to do with psyche or the past:

I have no job
I have no girlfriend
My room is a mess
I have barely any money
I hate living at home
My 'friends' (who I grew up with) are CHAVS! They take horse tranquilziers and all kinds of shit...and they're 21!

So...pretty shitty.

The good news is I'm getting a CD next week and I can play Silent Night on the guitar!