Got Shitties?

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Lex said:
Unfortunately, the American psyche just can NOT accept that Japanese and Chinese products are BETTER.

They will, we had the same learning curve in the 70's although we had an advantage for the Japanese makers in sharing RHD. When I was yoiunger I had British, German, Swedish cars but never a Japanese one, too boring.
These days for something that is bulletproof Asian is the choice though again I have yet to own a Japanese car I always had Japanese bikes.

Everything else I buy is based on a combination of style, reliability and cost in approximately that order. That usually means Asian if it's electronic or where relaibility is key. Many Asian manufacturers make their products here in the UK and Europe, I assume the same happens in the US perhaps to a lesser degree?

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
weird, somehow this turned into a thread about the quality of East Asian products versus those made in the US..

Personally I found that when I drove my '92 Honda Accord I experienced far more instances of suckage and far fewer moments of awesomeness than I have since getting my '99 Dodge Viper.
Also, I drove my '94 Chevy Lumina for about 6 years and 180,000 miles and aside from brakes/tires the only thing I replaced on it was the alternator and serpentine belt.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
NineInchCock_160IQ said:
weird, somehow this turned into a thread about the quality of East Asian products versus those made in the US..

Personally I found that when I drove my '92 Honda Accord I experienced far more instances of suckage and far fewer moments of awesomeness than I have since getting my '99 Dodge Viper.

Umm... apples and oranges, anyone?

I much prefer my current, 1350 square foot residence to the 427 square foot one I had in 1994.

Of course, this one costs a lot more. :rolleyes:

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
rhino_horn said:
that sounds pretty pessimistic for an optimist.

what do pessimists call optimism? realism... wouldnt that make everyone a realist?

*hippi doubletalk

Pessimists call optimism idealism.:biggrin1:

Idealists call everything disappointment....:tongue:

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
rob_just_rob said:
Umm... apples and oranges, anyone?

I never understood this phrase, I mean... seriously... they're both small, round, sweet fruit. Why the heck shouldn't I be able to compare them dammit?

If you want something closer in price... well I'd still take my Viper any day over an NSX. Japanese cars are overpriced, underpowered, ugly and too high strung.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
rob_just_rob said:
Your logical symmetry is messed up there. Pessimists call realism, optimism. They would call optimists deluded.

No doubt but Jeez, I wasn't trying to be serious let alone logical or correct....:rolleyes:

Would pendants call normal people dilettantes.:tongue:

rhino_horn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
rob_just_rob said:
Your logical symmetry is messed up there. Pessimists call realism, optimism. They would call optimists deluded.

*hippi double talk--i guess you missed this portion of the post?

*you should use the smileys to help illustrate your tone, i cant tell if you're being serious or illogical...:tongue:

bluekarma

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
My shitties:
~My Mom was finally admitted to the hospital. She's crazy BTW. It sucks.
~Surveyors have set up camp at the hospital I work for - people trying to act all competent and shit...nauseating...
~I'm broke until Friday
~I can't work out this week because I am needed here to kiss ass if need be
~I have a shitty attitude here lately, and can't shake it. Hate that.
~My house needs to be cleaned and I can't focus until I finish a book I started Friday.
~I need a vacation so badly I can taste it. Alone. Far away.

Ok, I'm done, and hopefully I will have more happies than shitties tomorrow
!

:smile: :smile: :smile: