Gotta love them Baptists

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Dude, have you not seen this before? It's satire! I am not sure, but I believe it is a companion site to "Betty Bowers is a Better Christian than You". If you have not seen that one, it is just some of the funniest shit out there. Seriously!

Oh damn... you GOTTA check out this landover website, people. click on the "back to school books for christian kids" on the left of the page. It's long, but jam-packed with hilarity. Just below that link is one for the Betty Bowers website. I laughed so hard I almost pissed my breeches reading the Amazon-style review of the book, "Donkeys can talk, People can fly, a man named Jesus lives up in the sky." Scroll down to the reader reviews, the one from the "we hom-skool our youngins" is priceless; below those is the "we also carry books by these authors..." list... solid gold!

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
While I most assuredly appreciate the point this site attempts to make you know, of course, that it's parody.

It points up the stupidity of fundies via not too far fetched exaggeration and absurdity.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Exactly, yes. I've been a fan of the Betty Bowers website for about 5 years now. The only problem I have with either of these sites is there's so much funny stuff, it takes forever to wade through it all. And once you get started, you won't be able to stop. I mean, come on... Revernd D's sermon about "Women don't have souls", the book review, other commentaries. This shit's almost as good as The Simpsons.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Irvy said:

Irvy.

Thanks. Really truly sobering stuff. Notice how they've made the teacher look as witch-like as possible and gotten a token black child in there to appear to represent an inclusiveness.

One of the gay men also has "too many rings".

"do I have to apologize Mrs. Henn?"

Yeah you little fuck you do. Now do as you're told.

Fucking unreal.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Irvy said:
Oh wow, as soon as I saw that first panel I recognized the art. That's the guy that has been doing those silly little things for the Jehovah's Witlesses forever. Had a few JW evangelists (a man, his son and another boy) on my porch just 2 days ago, I told them "Go away. You are doing the work of Satan." That really threw them for a loop.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
DC_DEEP said:
Oh wow, as soon as I saw that first panel I recognized the art. That's the guy that has been doing those silly little things for the Jehovah's Witlesses forever.

Same here. I quickly fingered it as the same artist and could guess what was coming next.

Those JW pamphlets and cartoons sure know how to play on people's fears and prejudices. They leave me feeling physically ill.

Irvy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In all their art, nonchristians are ugly and grotesque, but their features change instantly once they "get saved".

In another gay themed one, a gay minister preaches the "nonsense" that the sin of sodom was arrogance and inhospitality, and he's "corrected" by a christian minister that he is wrong, and they were killed because of their homosexuality. However, the Bible itself says that Sodom's sin was inhospitality, not only in the account of it happening, but in another book by a person looking back on the incident.

Have a look through their catalogue of tracts. They truely are doing the Devil's work. All of their tracts spread hatred and discrimination.

findfirefox

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
"Opponents to homosexual marriage have described a "slippery slope" that this illustrates. Senator Rick Santorum told Associated press in 2003 that legalizing homosexual practices would pave the way for legalized bigamy, polygamy and incest."

I love it! This site is full of shit that it's funny!

T

that_other_guy

Im trying to deside what's funnier, the 1st parody post (which aimed to be funny,was) or the fact that these "Christians" that put out hateful shit like this think that its helpful to forward their cause. Those people are not true "Christians" that (whether or not you agree w/ me on this is ur call) would accept someone for who they are not who they sleep with. It arrogant fucks like these that give any religion a bad name.

rant over ... im just gonna go back to word association