Gotta pee every 5 mins when i goto bed

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by fak_et, Mar 18, 2007.

1. fak_et

fak_et New Member

Been havin an annoying problem lately, everytime i go to bed, i gotta pee, so i get up run to the bathroom, pee, make sure i get as much out as possible, goto bed and once again, 5 mins later gotta pee again. I can't fall asleep when i have to pee either. It isnt fun because my bed in my dorm is up high and its a pita getting up and down. I have been drinking a bit more water lately because i am working out a lot but i don't think it is an excessive amount.

I really only drink skim milk and water, hardly anything else.

Anyone have any suggestions? Its been like this for a few weeks and been really annoying the last few days. I plan to see a doctor if it continues but I would most likely have to wait till summer because i don't have any weekdays off till then.

2. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

Diabetes? Has your vision been fluctuating?

3. Adrian69702006

Gold Member

I would make a point of taking time off specifically to see your doctor, just to rule out diabetes (of which extreme thirst is another symptom) or prostate problems. Your firm shouldn't have any objection to you taking time off for legitimate medical reasons such as appointments with doctors or dentists.

If you're a young and otherwise healthy guy, I suspect that you might have a UTI (water infection) and if that's the case it should respond well to a course of antibiotics. When you go to the doctor take a sample of your pee with you in a sterilised jar or bottle. A glass jar can easily be rinsed and sterilised in a microwave for the purpose before you 'do' your sample. If you have any pain or discomfort whilst weeing that could point to a water infection as could tiredness and nausea as well as feeling the urgency but not being able to do much when you get to the toilet.

In the meantime there are practical steps you could take to minimise the impact of the difficulties you're experiencing such as buying a mattress protector and maybe some plastic pants as well as keeping a container by the bed in order to limit the need for trips to the bathroom. Wetting the bed isn't pleasant if you're not used to doing it or don't like it but if you can overcome your fear of doing it that should help you to sleep better. After all, if the worst happens a couple of wet sheets are hardly a hanging matter.

I hope things work out well for you. I would certainly advise you take time off to see a doctor though. Good luck.:smile:

4. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    actually providing a "sterile' urine sample is a little more complicated than peeing into a sterile jar. If you see a dco and he thinks he needs one, he'll have the proper receptacle and teach you the proper technique!(I'm a registered nurse)..I agree, I wouldnt wait until summer to see a doc..There are a ton of reasons why you need to pee so much(most of them not serious, but most will not get better left unchecked) and only a medical professional can properly diagnose them.

5. musicman

musicman New Member

Another possibility is an enlarged prostate. It could be cancerous, or 'benign prostate hyperplasia.' Go to the doctor and get a PSA screening (prostate-specific antigen).

6. B_spiker067

B_spiker067 New Member

You probably have chlamydia. Get some broad spectrum anti-biotics from your doctor. Or else you have gotten lazy by being every time you felt the need. Hold it in. That is assuming you have urine to actually pee out, if not your dick caught a cold (std).

:)

7. Whopper-lee

Gold Member

Albums:
    I personally think you should see or seek help from a male urologist.
    There's far too many complex medical things that may or may not be causing your urinary system to function this way (which should not be)...
    the earlier the better.
    I'm by no means a doctor, but it sounds to me like the problem may be with your kidney(s) or bladder.
    ...goolge the drug Flomax that is given to males with the same problems you have describe. Perhaps it may give you some more insight.

Be Safe, & Take Care!
    Whopper-lee

8. fak_et

fak_et New Member

Not an std as i am not active, i don't wet the bed as i still have perfect control but i just feel like i gotta pee, I am 18 so could prostate still be and issue? I will do a doctor's appoitment in the summer (i have school and i am hours away from home with no transportation to a medical facility and when i am home, nothings open on the weekends.)

As far as a urologist, i would have to go to the general practioner first and get a referral.

9. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    you taking creatine or drinking protein shakes before bed?

10. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    Fak et wrote:

I am 18 so could prostate still be and issue?

Yes. It can get infected despite not being sexually active. Also, an infection can be slow in becoming acutely symptomatic, meaning that a prior sexual exposure a while back could be the culprit. Sometimes, another infection in the body can get into the prostate. For example, I have chronic Lyme disease and had a bout of prostatitis about a year ago. The PA who treated me was pretty sure it was the Lyme sneaking around. At any rate, see a doctor. My hunch is that you have prostatitis. It's not exactly fun but is quite treatable.
    Dave

11. Adrian69702006

Gold Member

Couldn't you get the nurse at your school or college to refer to a doctor nearby? I appreciate the difficulties in getting to see your own family practitioner/GP but I think you need to be looked at nevertheless, sooner rather than later. In view of your age I think the problem's unlikely to be symptomatic of anything serious but it's a low level annoyance affecting your quality of life nevertheless. I'm not a betting man but if I was my money would be on you having a water infection and whilst such things aren't usually life threatening I know from first hand personal experience (as I'm sure do many other members here) that they can be extremely unpleasant. My guess is that you keep wanting to go to the toilet but when the time comes find you can't do anything much or what do manage to pass is rather painful. I hope you're able to get medical help through your school as soon as possible. Good luck.:smile:

12. mister_y

mister_y New Member

I can't give you a 100% true answer. I'm not a doctor.
    The best thing you could do is just going to the doctor and ask him. He can give you a good answer and healing!

13. Bootyman

Bootyman New Member

I had a similar problem when I was 20, and it was prostatitis... so it has nothing to do with age... it took a long therapy of strong antibiotics to get it sorted...
    Do not wait for summer, go see a doctor ASAP!!

14. Talmidge

Talmidge Active Member

Albums:
    Has your appetite or weight changed in the last few weeks?

15. Pirate Wench

Gold Member

No, I don't see how it could possibly be a UTI (urinary tract infection).

You didn't mention excrutiating pain each time you pee and a burning sensation afterward as if somneone had stuck a blow torch up there.
    Ask any woman who's had one.
    Sheer misery.

Also that's what Tom Hank's character at the beginning of Green Mile had....he wasn't having an easy time either.

Definitely take off asap to see your Dr. !!
    Hope it's just something you need some anti-biotics for.

16. MidwestGal

MidwestGal Member

Albums:
    definately see a doctor problems can range from a bladder infection, prostate, diabetes, and lots of various causes. But make an appt asap!

17. GBF64

GBF64 Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Definitely see a doctor. You say you're a bit far from home, but there are free clinics just about everywhere in the world. If you don't have insurance or the funds to pay, this is the route I would take. Don't put it off. You will be beating yourself up if you wait too long and something simple becomes a more serious matter.

18. FuzzyKen

FuzzyKen New Member

This is definitely one for the good old MD. Based on your age the odds are against anything really serious. What is common in people in your age group however is prostatitis. There are many reasons for this and it is very treatable. Get to the MD and have a couple of quickie checks run. Your location is not the issue, your health is. Prostatitis causes prostatic enlargement and will mimic BPH. Again the longer you let this one go the more of a problem it can become. Best of luck my friend........

19. chicagosam

Gold Member

20. Adrian69702006

Gold Member

I certainly wouldn't rule out the possibility of a water infection (UTI). Guys can and do get them as well as women and whilst I'd certainly expect some pain or difficulty in urination to accompany one, having had them myself, I don't think those symptoms would necessarily present themselves in all cases.

Draft saved Draft deleted