Government created AIDS/HIV?

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I wanted to start a thread on this because I didn't want to hijack a thread where this question popped up.

One of the things Rev. Wright said was that the government created HIV/AIDS as a plot against Black people and he used the infamous Tuskegee experiments as his reference for this belief.

I consider myself a well-read and educated person who is open-minded and not one who is big with conspiracies, but I have to admit, I have my own beliefs that aren't too far from Rev. Wright's on this. The problem is, I have no proof and to my knowledge, no one does. I often think of these beliefs the same way people believe in aliens who have come to earth, they really think it's happened but they can't believe it.

For the record, my personal theory is that HIV was created as a form of germ warfare and it was introduced in Africa where a loss of life would go relatively unnoticed and would be relatively ignored. I don't necessarily believe it was the US government that created the virus, but I do believe it was man-made. I also believe that the experiment got out of control. I also believe that if you're a certain type of person, with certain beliefs than you may not be too bothered by HIV/AIDS and you might want to see it continue, instead of die out. HIV/AIDS currently affects dark-skinned people from third world nations (where much suffering goes on unabated), gay men, drug users and people who practice unsafe and promiscuous sex. So if you're not fond of other ethnicities, gays or sexually liberal people, then you may be less inclined to stop HIV/AIDS.

Again, these are just my gut feelings, some of which is based on what I know governments are capable of and have done in the past. Creating HIV would not be the most extreme things governments have done if you consider world wars, mass genocide, nuclear bombings, slavery and torture that has been instigated and promoted by some governments over the last 100 years. There was a recent report about a germ warfare scheme to make soldiers gay, so the idea that a government would create a way to surprise the immune system is hardly far-fetched.

Again, I'm not saying the US created HIV or that the purpose was to eliminate Blacks. I just think some government did create and it was used initially on Africans because they were considered expendable.

Of course the common perception of how HIV/AIDS originated is that some African found a monkey, had sex with it, got the virus and spread it to others, which found it's way across the globe. I find this insane because, well, can you imagine how hard it would be to catch a monkey, and position a wild animal that's 3x stronger than an adult male and have successfully have sex with it? Which is more far fetched, a government creating a virus for germ warfare or a single monkey screwer who affects the world?

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
he's been hangin out with alicia keys to much. I don't know that patient number one was even american I thought he came to the us from europe. OF course who knows if that story is accurate

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
There's an ape version of the virus that the human version directly came from. Those apes are in Africa. It's no shock that's where the disease came from and is most prevalent.

It's a fact. We know it for certain.

Hope that straightens it out for you.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
he's been hangin out with alicia keys to much.

alicia keys was misquoted and is far more intelligent than the "good reverend".

anyhow the monkey story is a myth that actually started as a man being BITTEN by an infected monkey and of course no story can be spread without modifications for purposes of sensation. the whole germ warfare sounds like a crazy conspiricist idea until you look at human history. and realize we've actually done much worse. i would need more proof that it's man-made before i accept that theory, although the "intelligence" of the disease is almost peculiar. a disease that attacks the immune system? if it were designed for warfare, the designer deserves a pulitzer because what could be more devastating. part of what makes the cure so evasive is that hiv/aids constantly "reinvents" and "modifies" itself. this disease is literally growing strong and some people think it's progressing at a rate far superior than our understanding of it, it's evolving too quickly for us to really peg it.

again, the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence, so we can't rule out the possibility that this is a synthetic disease because, again, man-kind has done much worse and part of what's fueled technological advances is the desire to have the one-up against other countries. i'm neutral though, need more evidence one way or the other.

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
he's been hangin out with alicia keys to much. I don't know that patient number one was even american I thought he came to the us from europe. OF course who knows if that story is accurate

I could be mistaken but I believe that the person identified as Patient Zero in Randy Shilt's book, And the Band Played On, was a Canadian flight attendant. I have no idea if the story is correct either.

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
There's an ape version of the virus that the human version directly came from. Those apes are in Africa. It's no shock that's where the disease came from and is most prevalent.

It's a fact. We know it for certain.

Hope that straightens it out for you.

It doesn't really change my unproven theory though. Apes or chimps are often used for experimental procedures and lab tests. The virus could have been tested on them before it was introduced into the human population.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
alicia keys was misquoted and is far more intelligent than the "good reverend".

anyhow the monkey story is a myth that actually started as a man being BITTEN by an infected monkey and of course no story can be spread without modifications for purposes of sensation. the whole germ warfare sounds like a crazy conspiricist idea until you look at human history. and realize we've actually done much worse. i would need more proof that it's man-made before i accept that theory, although the "intelligence" of the disease is almost peculiar. a disease that attacks the immune system? if it were designed for warfare, the designer deserves a pulitzer because what could be more devastating. part of what makes the cure so evasive is that hiv/aids constantly "reinvents" and "modifies" itself. this disease is literally growing strong and some people think it's progressing at a rate far superior than our understanding of it, it's evolving too quickly for us to really peg it.

again, the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence, so we can't rule out the possibility that this is a synthetic disease because, again, man-kind has done much worse and part of what's fueled technological advances is the desire to have the one-up against other countries. i'm neutral though, need more evidence one way or the other.

We use the ape version of the HIV virus to study HIV. In the monkeys, it is a neutral infection that doesn't kill them the way it does in humans.

The HIV virus is actually very poorly designed. If one were going to design a powerful, genocidal virus, one wouldn't design a virus that can only be spread by sexual intercourse or blood transfusions. One wouldn't design a virus that takes decades to kill people, and one wouldn't spend billions upon billions of dollars to invent treatments to stop it.

Think a bit, what you believe makes literally no sense. If one wants to commit genocide, there are chemical, nuclear and incendiary weapons in existence that would be far, far more effective.

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
"The problem is, I have no proof and to my knowledge, no one does."

well the burden of proof is on you here

And I will never be able to over come that burden. Which is why I freely admit that this is my own personal theory and I have no proof, just a gut feeling and some knowledge about how governments operate. If you were a government that created a germ warfare virus that has taken over 5 million lives would you leave evidence around?

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
The HIV virus is actually very poorly designed. If one were going to design a powerful, genocidal virus, one wouldn't design a virus that can only be spread by sexual intercourse or blood transfusions. One wouldn't design a virus that takes decades to kill people, and one wouldn't spend billions upon billions of dollars to invent treatments to stop it.

A slow poison is far less suspicious than a fast one.
And they'd spend billions to invent treatments if it was released in the wrong area or prematurely. Gotta protect your people from the possibility of it getting sent back, after all.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
We use the ape version of the HIV virus to study HIV. In the monkeys, it is a neutral infection that doesn't kill them the way it does in humans.

Think a bit, what you believe makes literally no sense. If one wants to commit genocide, there are chemical, nuclear and incendiary weapons in existence that would be far, far more effective.

you're thinking in a very narrow standpoint. look at how many people have been killed by aids. and transmission alone, a disease that passes through intercourse is short of brilliant. it's one of the many behaviors that's not ever going to go away. there's more than one way to skin a cat. you obviously opt for the charge in the yard, grab the cat and run tactic. someone else may wait by the fence, lure the cat with a treat, etc... i'm not gonna get too far into it cuz its speculation but there's nothing stupid about a disease that spreads through a natural act. i'm sure hypothetically the desire would've been a more speedy death but that doesn't change the fact that the disease is kicking mankind's ass. whether it's smart or stupid or not even man-made at all this disease has had us by the balls for quite a few decades and has made countless more strikes against us than we have against it.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
It doesn't really change my unproven theory though. Apes or chimps are often used for experimental procedures and lab tests. The virus could have been tested on them before it was introduced into the human population.

The problem is, I'm not presenting a theory to you. I'm presenting a fact to you.

SIV, the monkey version of the virus, is endemic in some monkey populations in the wild. Meaning it is retained in a given species of monkey. In fact, in some of them, all of the population have it. That couldn't happen if it was just given to monkeys as a test in a lab. It means that they would have had to have gotten the virus a very long time ago in order for it to become endemic.

Does that make sense?

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
A slow poison is far less suspicious than a fast one.

I'm appealing to your logic here, which may be a mistake, given your stances. Think about what you just said. There are chemicals that can wipe out entire geographic areas. Those could be used and blamed on local "warlords", terrorists, China, whoever. There's no rational reason to use a very poorly designed virus to do it.

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

I absolutely agree with the your second paragraph and that does challenge my theory. HIV/AIDS is quite weak outside of the body and it's not the best for wiping out people quickly.

But what if HIV wasn't designed to wipe out people quickly? What if it was designed to take out generations and to perpetuate itself without leaving any evidence of it's existence? What if it was designed as a societal killer and not just a method to end war?

I like your point about the billions of dollars that is spent fighting HIV/AIDS and then I think of the trillions made from HIV/AIDS. Between the medications, doctors and associated care--HIV is a profitable business. And again, if you have a certain mindset, what's really lost? Groups of people that many societies care the least about.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The problem is, I'm not presenting a theory to you. I'm presenting a fact to you.

SIV, the monkey version of the virus, is endemic in some monkey populations in the wild. Meaning it is retained in a given species of monkey. In fact, in some of them, all of the population have it. That couldn't happen if it was just given to monkeys as a test in a lab. It means that they would have had to have gotten the virus a very long time ago in order for it to become endemic.

Does that make sense?

personally i'm surprised no super-power has used it in an attack, considering how barbaric some leaders are. either way, the man-having-sex-with-monkey story always gave me a chuckle.

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
just a gut feeling and some knowledge about how governments operate

Well, here's something that may ease your worry.
During one of the more recent biological warfare scares, whatever the airborne disease-of-the-month was that the feds were worried was going to be released on us via bio-bomb, the military's response was to develop airborne antidote bombs to drop in the affected areas rather than to counteract with a stronger disease in a stronger bomb. These people are well aware of the slippery slope involved in biological warfare.
Now, if our military were known for such practices as suicide bombings, the notion would not be at all far-fetched. So if your theory is true, I doubt it was developed by the US Government.

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

Does that make sense?

Guy jin, I appreciate your contribution to this, don't get me wrong. I'm not tied to my theory, that's why I posted it, to have it challenged and learn new perspectives.

What's your theory on how the virus passed from monkey to human, when if monkeys have had this for years and people have been around for years, HIV should have presented itself hundreds of years ago, not 30 years ago.