Governor of ILL arrested

D_Marazion Analdouche

Experimental Member
Media
Ill. governor arrested on corruption charges - Politics- msnbc.com

The Department of Justice alleges that in exchange for the Senate appointment, Blagojevich discussed obtaining:
  • a substantial salary for himself at either a non-profit foundation or an organization affiliated with labor unions;
  • placing his wife on paid corporate boards where he speculated she might garner as much as $150,000 a year;
  • promises of campaign funds — including cash up front;
  • a cabinet post or ambassadorship for himself.

B_Morning_Glory

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ill. governor arrested on corruption charges - Politics- msnbc.com

The Department of Justice alleges that in exchange for the Senate appointment, Blagojevich discussed obtaining:
  • a substantial salary for himself at either a non-profit foundation or an organization affiliated with labor unions;
  • placing his wife on paid corporate boards where he speculated she might garner as much as $150,000 a year;
  • promises of campaign funds — including cash up front;
  • a cabinet post or ambassadorship for himself.

kind of sounds like another Sara palin case to me, fire those who dont agree with you and replace them with those who do. actually something like the last 8 years has been in the white house, then if you get caught doing it well you just replace the ones who got caught with new ones just like them and start all over . not much difference here that i can see, they just got caught a little quicker is all.:wink: wrong is wrong know matter who it is.how ever as well have seen over the last 8 yrs, this standard doesn't apply to republicans in most cases.

devron

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
kind of sounds like another Sara palin case to me, fire those who dont agree with you and replace them with those who do. actually something like the last 8 years has been in the white house, then if you get caught doing it well you just replace the ones who got caught with new ones just like them and start all over . not much difference here that i can see, they just got caught a little quicker is all.:wink: wrong is wrong know matter who it is.how ever as well have seen over the last 8 yrs, this standard doesn't apply to republicans in most cases.

Was wondering how long before something like this was posted.

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I am asuming that he discussed the Cabinet post or ambassadorship with someone in the Obama transition team. Are they the ones that alerted the Feds or were they willing to horse-trade with this guy? That needs to be investigated as well.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
my computer is going crazy, sorry for multiple posts.

Fuck I hate it when that happens! Aaaarrrgghh!!!!

Rod had better get a GOOD damn lawyer, 'cause he is gonna need it. His hair mos def needs to go directly to jail! lol!!!

B_Morning_Glory

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Was wondering how long before something like this was posted.

well it is true isn't it, im not defending him if hes guilty he should pay but it also goes both ways. it doesn't matter to me if its a Dem or a rep, this kind of thing is wrong. but it seems in most cases that the reps. get a slap on the wrist and the Dem's. have to pay big time. but we will see what happens. but in all honesty im sure we will see a lot of trying to find more dishonestly for a while especially since the reps. lost this election. no offense toward you but this is politics as usual really. it just happen to be a democrat this time so it will receive a lot of attention.

B_24065

1st Like
Media
well it is true isn't it, im not defending him if hes guilty he should pay but it also goes both ways. it doesn't matter to me if its a Dem or a rep, this kind of thing is wrong. but it seems in most cases that the reps. get a slap on the wrist and the Dem's. have to pay big time. but we will see what happens. but in all honesty im sure we will see a lot of trying to find more dishonestly for a while especially since the reps. lost this election. no offense toward you but this is politics as usual really. it just happen to be a democrat this time so it will receive a lot of attention.

What the FUCK are you talking about?? Do you even know or are you speaking completely out of your ass? How in the hell are you comparing selling a senate seat for personal gain to ANYTHING sara palin or GWB has done in there administrations? The fact is, Illinois politics is the dirtiest there is and it is overwhelmingly dominated by the democratic party. quit deflecting the issue you libtard by creating false analogies.

B_kewlhandle

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Listen, you fat cow, this has nothing to do with Palin or Bush. Leave it to you to turn what is essentially a Democratic scandal from one of Obama's most influential supporters and governor of his home state, into a Palin and Bush bashing post. This is essentially the first scandal of the Obama administration, and he is not even in office yet. The governor, who by law is charged with choosing the successor to Obama's senate seat, tried to sell the senate seat. He is done, put a fork in him, he'll resign within days.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Listen, you fat cow, this has nothing to do with Palin or Bush. Leave it to you to turn what is essentially a Democratic scandal from one of Obama's most influential supporters and governor of his home state, into a Palin and Bush bashing post. This is essentially the first scandal of the Obama administration, and he is not even in office yet. The governor, who by law is charged with choosing the successor to Obama's senate seat, tried to sell the senate seat. He is done, put a fork in him, he'll resign within days.
UM....this is NOT an Obama scandal..........from the indictment:

In a conversation with Harris on November 11, the charges state, Blagojevich said he knew that the President-elect wanted Senate Candidate 1 for the open seat but "they're not willing to give me anything except appreciation. [Expletive] them."

In other words, the Obama team wouldn't play.

I was waiting for the 1st person to try and pin this on Obama

Last edited:

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
zippy and chaney called him and told him how to make money selling the seat. it's little early in the game for the democrats to start acting like the Republicans is it not?

B_Morning_Glory

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What the FUCK are you talking about?? Do you even know or are you speaking completely out of your ass? How in the hell are you comparing selling a senate seat for personal gain to ANYTHING sara palin or GWB has done in there administrations? The fact is, Illinois politics is the dirtiest there is and it is overwhelmingly dominated by the democratic party. quit deflecting the issue you libtard by creating false analogies.

whats worse selling a senate seat or selling out your country. if you would have read my reply you would have noticed where i said i thank it is wrong know matter who it was Dem's, or reps. so get your head out of your ass and learn to read. before you start the name calling.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
was wondering how this was going to turn into a Democrat versus Republican strand, and how McCain, Palin, Obama and Biden were going to figure in the thread proceedings