Gov't Drops Defense of Anti-Gay Marriage Law

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
This is huge. The dominoes will start to fall.
The move quickly drew praise from some Democrats in Congress but a sharp response from the spokesman for Republican John Boehner, the House Speaker. "While Americans want Washington to focus on creating jobs and cutting spending, the president will have to explain why he thinks now is the appropriate time to stir up a controversial issue that sharply divides the nation," said Boehner's spokesman Michael Steel."
:rolleyes2: Lawd, the irony. Lawd, the blatant hypocrisy.

Nothing but divisive, deflective, unrelated Repub talking points. True to form.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
maxcok - Agreed to the fullest, especially since there have been several efforts made by the GOP to it make harder or impossible for a woman to have an abortion. Almost two months of the new Republican lead house and not one bill presented or voted upon that focuses on job creation, with a possible shutdown of government looming. Meanwhile most of the "spending cuts" are in the form of Union busting legislation on state levels such as Wisconsin, Florida, Ohio and several others. The hypocrisy and desperate attempt to deflect is glaring.

This is a good day for gays & lesbians all over the country. Considering all of the crappy news we're bombarded with lately, I'm glad that some issues are progressing FORWARD like they're supposed to.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Just enjoy the good news.
It's a nice sentiment but a bit simplistic. To not be aware of and prepare for the immediate and inevitable blowback would be naive. I expect the response from rightwing politicians and media, e.g., Faux "news" and the usual culprits on talk radio, will be swift and severe.

There is a bigger picture to see here. It's not just about this one issue, as made clear by the House Speaker's response. All these social and economic issues are inextricably connected at the root and are being sold as such. The failure of reasonable, thinking people to educate the public and speak out forcefully against the mendacious messaging machine is a big part of the equation that has allowed anti-science, anti-intellectual, anti-democracy, anti-equality cretins and troglodytes to gain increasing power and control over our government and to dictate policies and spending priorities - policies and priorities that if carried through will drive us straight back into the ditch and set us back decades socially and economically, if not lead to total collapse.

As much as I deplore the propaganda of 'the right', I hold the mainstream media and those on 'the left' and in 'the center' equally accountable for their failure to prepare for and effectively counter the steady stream of misinformation, disinformation, blatant lies and hypocrisy coming from 'the right'. It's resulted in an ignorant, gullible, easily influenced, easily manipulated electorate - one that blindly adheres to false ideologies and unwittingly supports policies against their own best interests and the best interests of the country as a whole. Rallying the rightwing base on divisive "social issues" like gay marriage and "economic issues" like union busting is nothing more than a cynical ploy to drive voters to the polls to elect anti-people, pro-corporatist politicians, plain and simple. That is the real overarching agenda, and if the connection isn't clear to most people, it will be sooner or later. But by then, it will probably be too late, if it's not already.

We're at a tipping point here, if not past. Challenging spin, lies, and propaganda =/= more spin, lies, and propaganda. It is critical and essential imho. Failure to effectively respond to the bullshit megaphone and call the mouthpieces what they are - phonies, liars, and hypocrites - directly accounts for the mess we're in and will lead directly to dire consequences for a once great nation - with global consequences.

Last edited:

cruztbone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
:smile:great idea, Gillette. yes, this is worth celebrating. This is the tipping point in our civil rights battle for which we have long fought.

B_Marius567

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
straight people never talk about Gay Marriage. most people get marred to have kids. Gay Marriage is kind of sad. two men marred so thay can get reamed up the ass in gods name.

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
straight people never talk about Gay Marriage. most people get marred to have kids. Gay Marriage is kind of sad. two men marred so thay can get reamed up the ass in gods name.

I find it rather interesting that you would post something so awful. Especially since you are a member of the Gay Male Gangbangs group here on the Large Penis Support Group.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

This has nothing to do with God; it's about recognizing that LGBT relationships are of equal merit as straight relationships.

FWIW, after my parents divorced they each remarried for companionship. Having children was not a factor at all, as my dad married a post-menopausal woman (he'd had a vasectomy anyway in the mid-70s) and my mother had had a hysterectomy. Framing marriage as primarily an institution for reproduction redefines the term far more than allowing two partners of the same sex to marry.

I usually just ignore your vacuous and insipid "contributions" here, but the post quoted above crosses several lines, even for you.

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

And you seriously felt that this response was necessary :confused:

:tool:

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
"a night with a hot woman changed everything for me."..............Think I heard that line before someplace in my misspent youth did'nt work then either. roflao

AlextheRedhead

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

Always going to be someone with opinions, like they say everyone has one...... :confused:

Seriously, it isn't about a religous association it's about fairness and equality. All we want is the same advantages and to have a venue where those of us that want to can declare our love publicly. :hug:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That's wonderful news! :smile:

And you seriously felt that this response was necessary :confused:

:tool:

No kidding. That was obnoxious!

It's not about what kind of consensual sex people engage in, it's about not discriminating against some citizens based upon whom they have fallen in love with.

JacobFox

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
you will probably fuck me.

i do not mind if men are having anal sex. I happy being with a woman and never happy being with a man. a night with a hot woman changed everything for me.

Nobody cares about what made you happy or unhappy. Just because it worked that way for you doesn't mean it will work that way for everyone else. Find your own happiness and leave us to find ours.