Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Just read this article on GQ. Great to see this topic reaching a popular men's mag.

Homosocial behavior is not the same as homosexual behavior - but there certainly is an intersection in "buddy bating". The take away is that our sexualities are complex (assuming that we're all freely expressing ourselves without shame and with affirmative consent).

I've had some great convos with LPSG members across the whole spectrum that just really like talking cock size.

Wondering what everyone thinks about straight identified men attending communal bate clubs? Also, does it make a difference if the group of men is mixed sexually, or all straight? (y'all know you can't actually check that anyone is gay or straight, right?)

Why Straight Men Are Joining Masturbation Clubs

jp

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Also, the article give shoutouts to bateworld, NY Jacks, Rain City Jacks, and a jo subreddit. How do we get LPSG written up in an article? Would be great to get called out on that level.

Just read this article on GQ. Great to see this topic reaching a popular men's mag.

Homosocial behavior is not the same as homosexual behavior - but there certainly is an intersection in "buddy bating". The take away is that our sexualities are complex (assuming that we're all freely expressing ourselves without shame and with affirmative consent).

I've had some great convos with LPSG members across the whole spectrum that just really like talking cock size.

Wondering what everyone thinks about straight identified men attending communal bate clubs? Also, does it make a difference if the group of men is mixed sexually, or all straight? (y'all know you can't actually check that anyone is gay or straight, right?)

Why Straight Men Are Joining Masturbation Clubs
Great article

Reactions: agentblueuk
D

deleted300444

The top introduction of the article nails the point:
"For some men, taking an act that's traditionally solitary and potentially shameful, and instead turning it into a communal bonding experience, can be powerfully freeing."

I remember younger days on the playground guys would "Bobby jerks off everyday" as if it were a bad thing and they didn't. The societal norm is everybody does it, but dont talk about it. Jerking off in front of another is just like going out to a resturant and eating with others.

Brian S

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have a straight friend who I occasionally jerk off with. I assume we'd do it more often if we lived closer together. He's in no way, shape, or form gay but he likes the bonding time, as do I. There really is something special that can be gained when two guys let their guards down in that way. It's absolutely a social act, and when my friend and I do this, we talk about the weather, current events, movies we've seen, just whatever. It's truly fantastic! And I'm glad it seems to be catching on at least a little.

Brian S

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Why masturbate in a group? Just do it by yourself. It is quicker, easier, and should be done without an audience.

Because it's a lot of fun! It's obviously not everyone's cup of tea, but it truly is a great experience for those who enjoy it. It's not the same at all as jacking off by yourself. It's a completely different level of intimacy, and although "having an audience" is obviously not for you, some men enjoy the unique bonding time it provides.

johnnyunitas

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't think I would personally do it but I certainly wouldn't judge any straight man for partaking. Anything that takes aim at pervasive toxic masculinity and promotes sexual openness is positive and good in my book.

And I would not be at all surprised if Mike Pence turns out to be a member of one of these clubs.

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The top introduction of the article nails the point:
"For some men, taking an act that's traditionally solitary and potentially shameful, and instead turning it into a communal bonding experience, can be powerfully freeing."

I remember younger days on the playground guys would "Bobby jerks off everyday" as if it were a bad thing and they didn't. The societal norm is everybody does it, but dont talk about it. Jerking off in front of another is just like going out to a resturant and eating with others.

Nothing wrong with masturbation, Nothing wrong with doing it with others. However the restaurant reference is just a little much, at least for the restaurants i dine at

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I didnt say to do it in the restaurant, I indicating jerking off (even with another dude) is as common as dining in a resturant (or should be). It should not be taboo.

A restaurant is a public place, though dinning is encouraged, am pretty sure 2 or more men jerking off in any public venue would be illegal . Your attempt at an analogy, is kind of off the mark .

However. what consenting adults do in private, or in this case a moderated social event is neither illegal or Taboo. At least not in 2019

jp

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
@Ronin He is using a similie and in no way is saying that public masturbation is common, or that it should be.

He's successfully implemented the construction - that you can't deny, but it's pursuasion can be debated. However, due to reading comprehension issues, you're claiming he's said something that he didn't...

Brian S

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
A restaurant is a public place, though dinning is encouraged, am pretty sure 2 or more men jerking off in any public venue would be illegal . Your attempt at an analogy, is kind of off the mark .

However. what consenting adults do in private, or in this case a moderated social event is neither illegal or Taboo. At least not in 2019

He's equating the bonding and social aspects of those events, not suggesting that men rub one out at Applebee's. He's saying that, in the same way that men can bond and socialize by dining out, men can bond and socialize by jerking off together. (The idea still works if you think of fishing together, getting drinks together, watching a football game together, etc.) He's saying that there's nothing wrong with two guys jerking together, and should be treated as another form of socialization between two parties.