Grades ...

ashlar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
For those of you that might be intrested, I finally got my grades for Spring semester. Looks like I made the deans list again. YAY!!!

Creative Nonfiction Writing:...A-
Bible in literature:.................A
Beginning French II:..............B
Intro to Music:......................B
Music in the U.S.:..................A

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sweet ass! Oh yeah, the grades are good too...

I agree with Lex, being a nerd is the greatest, and I like the nerdy little pic in glasses on your passport, honey.

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hey congrats Ashlar! I know how hard it is to get up there, I've been struggling to keep a 3.5 for a while now, but this semester sort of solidified it for me:

Materials of Construction........................................A
Intro. to Water Resources.......................................B+
Engineering Economy.............................................A-
Intro. to Geotechnical Engineering...........................B+
Art History from the Renaissance to the Present........A
Big Red Express, Pep Band.....................................A

I'm a civil engineer (which is sort of obvious), but I'm with steve. What's your major dude?

ashlar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by Lex@May 15 2005, 05:33 AM
Being a nerd is SO underrated!!

My undergrad GPA was 3.902.

My Doctoral GPA is 3.99.

Was to go Ashlar!!
[post=311216]Quoted post[/post]​

Damn .. I could probably have a 4.0 if I wassnt working full time on top of school. BLAH!
I'm happy with this though. I've never had grades like this before in my life.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
There's nothing wrong with having good grades...I was always a brainiac, too. The lowest grade I ever had in school was High School Alegebra II, in which I got a C. I hated it, so I just kinda skimmed by. Other than that, I never got anything lower than a B+ in the rest of my academic career in college or post graduate work. Being a nerd is cool!

ashlar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by madame_zora@May 15 2005, 05:35 AM
Sweet ass! Oh yeah, the grades are good too...

I agree with Lex, being a nerd is the greatest, and I like the nerdy little pic in glasses on your passport, honey.
[post=311217]Quoted post[/post]​

HAHA thanks Jana :)
I'm still not very fond of my passport photo. I'm lookin pretty rough in that. However, after about 8-10 hours of traveling by plane, I'll probably look pretty rough by the end of it anyways.

ashlar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by steve319@May 15 2005, 10:22 AM
Congratulations, Ashlar!

Looks like an interesting course load, too. What's the major?
[post=311272]Quoted post[/post]​

Thank you :)
I'm an english major and a music minor.

ashlar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by Altairion@May 15 2005, 10:58 AM
Hey congrats Ashlar! I know how hard it is to get up there, I've been struggling to keep a 3.5 for a while now, but this semester sort of solidified it for me:

Materials of Construction........................................A
Intro. to Water Resources.......................................B+
Engineering Economy.............................................A-
Intro. to Geotechnical Engineering...........................B+
Art History from the Renaissance to the Present........A
Big Red Express, Pep Band.....................................A

I'm a civil engineer (which is sort of obvious), but I'm with steve. What's your major dude?
[post=311283]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah I'm feelin ya on that. It's a bitch. My problem is that I end up with 3 or 4 10 page papers to write all within the same two week period. I'm like .. DAMN fuckers. Can't you guys network a little find out when everyone is assigning a HUGE freakin paper?

ashlar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by prepstudinsc@May 15 2005, 01:28 PM
There's nothing wrong with having good grades...I was always a brainiac, too. The lowest grade I ever had in school was High School Alegebra II, in which I got a C. I hated it, so I just kinda skimmed by. Other than that, I never got anything lower than a B+ in the rest of my academic career in college or post graduate work. Being a nerd is cool!
[post=311331]Quoted post[/post]​

I did horrably in High school. I didnt want to be there and I didnt give a shit. Still, even with not paying attention, I graduated. *L* It helped that I had a high enough GPA to take my last two years of high school classes at a local college. I got duel credit and I was able to take as many classes as I wanted for free.

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by ashlar+May 15 2005, 02:09 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ashlar &#064; May 15 2005, 02:09 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I&#39;m an english major and a music minor.
[post=311344]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-ashlar
@May 15 2005, 02:10 PM
Yeah I&#39;m feelin ya on that. It&#39;s a bitch. My problem is that I end up with 3 or 4 10 page papers to write all within the same two week period. I&#39;m like .. DAMN fuckers. Can&#39;t you guys network a little find out when everyone is assigning a HUGE freakin paper?
[post=311346]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

Heh, I should have guessed you were an english major by your creative writing class. I feel bad that you get stuck doing so many papers every semester. I&#39;ve taken two english classes in my three years here....and those were more than enough for me :)

ashlar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by Altairion+May 15 2005, 06:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Altairion &#064; May 15 2005, 06:25 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by ashlar@May 15 2005, 02:09 PM
I&#39;m an english major and a music minor.
[post=311344]Quoted post[/post]​

<!--QuoteBegin-ashlar
@May 15 2005, 02:10 PM
Yeah I&#39;m feelin ya on that. It&#39;s a bitch. My problem is that I end up with 3 or 4 10 page papers to write all within the same two week period. I&#39;m like .. DAMN fuckers. Can&#39;t you guys network a little find out when everyone is assigning a HUGE freakin paper?
[post=311346]Quoted post[/post]​

Heh, I should have guessed you were an english major by your creative writing class. I feel bad that you get stuck doing so many papers every semester. I&#39;ve taken two english classes in my three years here....and those were more than enough for me :)
[post=311437]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

I don&#39;t mine doing the papers, I actually enjoy it, however I can only take so many of them at once before I start to get a little homicidal.

D_Humper E Bogart

Experimental Member
Media
I get so envious, I feel I&#39;m the dumbest smart person you can get.

It&#39;s the cost of working 30+ hours and holding down a full time degree, I guess.

Hooray for student loans and even more expensive student fees&#33; (And to think I&#39;m actually getting it cheap this year&#33;)

major_7

1st Like
Media
Nice grades, guys. I, too, am struggling with the final classes of my degree program, and I know how nice it is to get the grades, and bring the ole GPA up to a respectable number.

I will be graduating in December.

ashlar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by major_7@May 15 2005, 08:26 PM
Nice grades, guys. I, too, am struggling with the final classes of my degree program, and I know how nice it is to get the grades, and bring the ole GPA up to a respectable number.

I will be graduating in December.
[post=311473]Quoted post[/post]​

Lucky for you, I still have two years to go just to finish my B.A. ;/

Dr. Bubbles

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree their is nothing wrong with a "sense of nerdiness." I think a lot of people on this site fit that title well....

I was an inductee into the phi beta kappa honor society during my undergraduate career and was a Fulbright Finalist. I did win the Udall and the JKC foundation scholarship for graduate school and graduated with honors for my doctorate. I was a phi kappa phi graduate (4.0 GPA) for graduate school.