Graduating... graduated !!

Ralexx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
My absence in the last 2-3 weeks was due to my graduation. I graduated. I finally graduated (and God knows I'm happier for the fact that I managed to resolve my bureaucratic troubles related to my triple graduation than for the graduation itself). It was a prolonged graduation : a part in June (for Roumania), another in September-October (for France). (Triple because I ended up with three diplomas from three universities.)
It's not exactly this very fact that made me open this thread ('cause it sounds like vaunting, pfff), but I have to thank Jonb. When I was in Paris, we exchanged some emails and, as I had previously asked him to tell me (him, a non-Eurocentric mind) how does a Native American see the European culture, he was kind enough to answer me. Because, again, my graduation paper (mémoire) was the European culture : origins, frame of mind, interpretations, cultural philosophy, possibilities of interpretation (in the future) of the European culture and its cultural philosophy. (Goodness, I hope what I wrote makes some sense in English.) I had to have some external views - because, well, you cannot study a system from inside, "from within". Jonb offered me a well-commented vista. Thank you, big guy, thank you 1000 +2 times !!!

« When in Paris » I said... well, I'll move to Paris again. Next year in October. For I'm going a step further : doctorate. This time, only a double one : in History (in Roumania), and in Political Sciences (in France).
Paris & France, mes amours !!! J'arrive !!!

H8Monga: Congratulations and good to see you back! Take a breather!

prepstudinsc: Congratulations......hope you can take some time off and just just enjoy life for a little while.

da_blissmachine: congratulations.... what degree do you have now?

sammygirly: Congrats Radu!

When I eventually come to France, can I crash at your place?

wvalady1968: Oh, Radu, that's wonderful!!! All that hard work paid off!! Congratulations!

47boreas: My congratulations, Raal Lexx! I am sure that you are happy and feel relieved.

Boreas

7x6andchg: Felicitations!

Moi aussi je voudrais bien y "crash"er...LOL..

aussiechick63: Congratulations Raal.
Hope you had a drink or two to celebrate and a party.
You certainly deserve it. :-*

Ralexx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Wow, thank you !! Merci !! Dank u !! Danke schoen ! Sas eucharistoume ! Grazie ! Obrigado ! Gracias ! Multumesc !

Yes, I had a little party : me, my PC and my printer. We were so happy ! we had so much fun :p... and we were so naughty !.. especially the printer, who refused to recognize 100 pages of my text... [I HATE IT !]. Kidding. I did celebrate - the only opportunity to see some of my friends... (who were about to believe I had chosen a monastic, athonite lifestyle.)

Of course you can "crash" at my place in France, you cannot imagine how glad I'd be ! In fact, you can "crash" at my place in Roumania, too, ANYTIME ! Just drop me a message !

7x6andchg: Unfortunately, Radu, that would require a few more "sous" than I have at the moment...but oh I would enjoy it so. :D

Ralexx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I think it's called MA in English (I hope - after all ! - I don't mix up terms)... it's DEA in French, Diplôme d'Etudes Approfondis, but the mark I took places me automatically in the second year of the doctorate level in France. The DEA itself is the first year of doctorate in France, while in Roumania I have to subscribe and pass an exam next year.

Well, it was a big one. The mark, I mean ;D ...

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=Raal Lexx link=board=99;num=1067841994;start=0#16 date=11/05/03 at 02:04:32]I think it's called MA in English (I hope - after all ! - I don't mix up terms)... it's DEA in French, Dipl?d'Etudes Approfondis, but the mark I took places me automatically in the second year of the doctorate level in France. The DEA itself is the first year of doctorate in France, while in Roumania I have to subscribe and pass an exam next year.

Well, it was a big one. The mark, I mean  ;D ...
[/quote]
Oh, could you help me? I need you to help organize a boycott for me. (It's not that I'm lazy, just that I don't live in Europe.) I'll IM you with details.

Ineligible: Congratulations, Radu, that is a truly impressive achievement. Most students can't handle studying for one degree at one university.

Solis24: Felicitări, campion! Félicitations, mon grand!
I'm still waddling through with my studies, got started late and all and now getting sidetracked and Germany (; If I finally get a move on starting next year, I should get my doctor's degree when I turn.. emm... 32 I think, lol. I'm STILL aimed at it anyway!
Congrats on this major achievement.