Grammar Nazis of the world unite....

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
Should is irrelevant. The reality is that people will judge you by the impression you present, and in the online world of fora such as these that presentation is written. If you present yourself as a lazy and/or ignorant slob about your language, don't bitch when people take you for a lazy and/or ignorant slob...and understand that it's in the nature of some people not to tolerate either ignorance or slovenliness in their presence without at least addressing the matter. Either shape up your act, or get over the response it garners.
i couldnt wait untill you posted....

Theres judging people, and then there is being a prick for no other reason than to make oneself feel better. what you see as ignorance and lazyness, i see as just being casual and enjoying my time here. (i speak in this context only). i think the people that need to shape up are those that feel the need to correct everyone. presumably, their parents deprived them a childhood in demanding perfection in all forms.

I dont see why i should get over it and let them have their tight arse victory. Seeing as they are the "better" people in their eyes, they should get over the fact their are "lesser" mortals and take a silent satisfaction that our lives whirl in a pool of laziness and slovenliness....(and yes, ill admit ive never heard of that word before:biggrin1:)

Last edited:

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i couldnt wait untill you posted....

Theres judging people, and then there is being a prick for no other reason than to make oneself feel better. what you see as ignorance and lazyness, i see as just being casual and enjoying my time here. (i speak in this context only). i think the people that need to shape up are those that feel the need to correct everyone. presumably. their parents deprived them a childhood in demanding perfection in all forms.

I dont see why i should get over it and let them have their tight arse victory. Seeing as they are the "better" people in their eyes, they should get over the fact their are "lesser" mortals and take a silent satisfaction that our lives whirl in a pool of laziness and slovenliness....(and yes, ill admit ive never heard of that word before:biggrin1:)

No surprise you have my support lem, HG fails to grasp the concept of being sociable and having fun is not his interest otherwise he would'nt be such a pooper.

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
I don't understand the logic in that at all.

If you already know the difference between your and you're why wouldn't you just use the correct form as a matter of course?
Having a different standard on here just because you aren't being marked isn't lazy, it actually requires more effort because then you have to differentiate between the two situations. Why bother?

You aren't being marked but since you are interacting with other people you are running the risk of being thought of as less intelligent than you wish by those reading a poorly constructed post. So I'll reiterate my earlier point; If you're not concerned with other's perception of your posts why should you care if your errors are corrected?

*Waits to be corrected on semicolon usage*

it takes effort for me to write correctly in my marked essays. And i will admit i dont always know the difference between some. the English language is confusing. But there is a way about showing them the correct way. there is being personal and polite, or showing them up for no other reason than public humiliation. I would rather people judge my intelligence based on the content of my posts rather than the way they are presented.

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My grammar sucks too . Anyone that has a problem with it can fuck themselves .:cool:
I admit that my posts are poorly written because my laziness . I can do better . I would like to see how some people here would do in writting Spanish.

Last edited:

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I would rather people judge my intelligence based on the content of my posts rather than the way they are presented.
I think what some of us are trying to get across is that the way they are presented is part of the content of the post. When all you have is the written form the two are linked. Do one poorly and it detracts from the other.

Corrections aren't always done to be mean or lord superiority over another. Sometimes it's done because we want the other person to pull themselves that rung higher because we like them. Admittedly a PM would be a better way to do that but sometimes laziness prevails and since we're already in that thread...there it goes.

Take heart in that those who correct the grammar of others set themselves up as targets if the corrections themselves aren't correct. In fact I have a feeling my time will come before this thread is up.

Hunts up dunce cap just in case. I have my own for these very occasions.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My grammar sucks too . Anyone that has a problem with it can fuck themselves .:cool:
I admit that my posts are poorly written because my laziness . I can do better . I would like to see how some people here would do in writting Spanish.

You'd be laughing your ass off at my expense. Spanish conjugation is my nightmare.

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
I think what some of us are trying to get across is that the way they are presented is part of the content of the post. When all you have is the written form the two are linked. Do one poorly and it detracts from the other.

Corrections aren't always done to be mean or lord superiority over another. Sometimes it's done because we want the other person to pull themselves that rung higher because we like them. Admittedly a PM would be a better way to do that but sometimes laziness prevails and since we're already in that thread...there it goes.

Take heart in that those who correct the grammar of others set themselves up as targets if the corrections themselves aren't correct. In fact I have a feeling my time will come before this thread is up.

Hunts up dunce cap just in case. I have my own for these very occasions.
I do understand that, but it happens like that in very few cases. if laziness prevails there, why should i or anyone else be berated when we are too lazy to press caps? In my own case, if someone atleast contributed to the thread and then wrote the correction not in a smarmy way, fair enough. To read it, contribute nothing but correct is pointless, and it distracts from what the OP is asking. Surely it takes less effort just to click off the thread

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
ill put my hands up and admit i dont get that. ill ask politely for an explanation and hope that the responce is in the same manner.
If you look at the section of your post that I quoted, and then read my response, the result of such an exercise should be self-evident.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
lemon for whatever it is worth I hear what you are saying; however the world is a very judgmental place and you will be more revered personally and professionally if you mind your P's and Q's and are more careful about dotting your i's and crossing your t's.
When you enter the professional world I hope you will look back on this and be grateful. Sometimes we have to take a critic to task by becoming the best possible lemon we can be.