"Grandpa" Al Lewis passes away at 95

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK, Feb 6, 2006.

1. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

Check it out guys;

http://abc.net.au/news/newsitem/200602/s1562560.htm

Damn shame about that old cantankerous buzzard. He was very multi faceted over the course of lifetime.

I'll miss him.

sorry,the link I inserted didn't work, give me some time to find another one.

2. D_alex8

D_alex8 Member

Al was indeed one of the great TV stars of yesteryear, but he was also very fond of embellishing his personal biography to make his life sound a little more interesting.

I watched him captivate a huge crowd of teenage horror fans at a convention a few years back with his tales of traveling with the carnies as a kid in the late 1910s and early 1920s.

However... it was all just a (hugely entertaining) act, in essence. Al was actually born in 1923, and had first lied about his age early in his career to get better parts on the basis of already having over a decade's experience on the road. The fact he always looked older than his years helped him to get away with the fake birth year of 1910. But he was actually 82, not 95.

I'm sure he's still chuckling at how many in the media are running their obituaries with totally bogus information, though! :biggrin1:

http://www.butch-patrick.com/board/board_topic/1603989/75460.htm

3. D_Barbi_Queue

D_Barbi_Queue Account Disabled

4. D_Elijah_MorganWood

D_Elijah_MorganWood New Member

I thought he died a long time ago.

5. dcwrestlefan

Gold Member

am curious. what other american tv shows are popular in germany? not too many from europe make it over here unfortunately. mostly british. "are you being served?" "absolutely fabulous" when it was around. (very big in the gay world here) benny hill was popular awhile back. me and some friends had a cult following for "prisoner - cell block h" from australia when it was on years ago. if anyone else remembers this show, you have my deepest respect. haha.

6. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted