Grandpa

prepstudinsc: I just was reading Bliss' post that he was the 13th in the top 25 posters, so I checked my rankings, and found out I was 14th, just surpassing Grandpa by 2 posts. This makes me sad--I still miss his witty comments.

To the moderatorial types: Is there a way that we can lock him in so he will always be in the top 25? He deserves some kind of posthumous posting ranking.

prepstudinsc: yes, Grandpa died several months back, I think it was while you were away from the board for a while. He's now running the kennel up in doggy-heaven.

da_blissmachine: I wasn't aware of that... how old was he? I just assumed he was visiting grandchildren or something... we should deffinitely put up some sort of permanent memorial for him.. and others if/when they die.

just wondering, how did we find out?

prepstudinsc: I think he was up in his 70's.....one of the girls on the board called some kennels in the area where he lived.
I don't remember who it was exactly that found out....Sammy, Nony?

prepstudinsc: yeah, he ran a kennel out in California, that's why his avatar was the little terrier dog.

da_blissmachine: oh ok i thought you meant he lived in one... or that it was slang for something

prepstudinsc: well I think he did have the kennels on his property, so I guess you could say he lived at the kennel, but I don't think he lived IN the kennel. lol Talk about being in the dog house! :D

da_blissmachine: yeah he always was such a dog....

poor guy i never knew he was dead

i wonder if any other members will die

which makes me think

how long with lpsg last?

prepstudinsc: [quote author=da_blissmachine link=board=meetgreet;num=1067816010;start=0#9 date=11/02/03 at 15:47:40]

i wonder if any other members will die

[/quote]

That's why I have a job..... I'm the last one to let you down ;D

jackinman: [quote author=prepstudinsc link=board=meetgreet;num=1067816010;start=0#10 date=11/02/03 at 15:50:35]

That's why I have a job..... I'm the last one to let you down ;D[/quote]

:D :D :D That's funny Prep, you should post some mortuary jokes sometime, I just know you have a ton of them.

awellhungboi: Yeah, I agree with Jackinman, prepstud!

I bet finedessert would have got a kick out of this thread.

prepstudinsc: Jackinman-
There are a ton of them, and they usually have to do with "stiffs." Being a musician, too, I've also heard all the organ jokes, especially "What's better than roses on a piano? Tulips (two lips) on your organ" ha ha :p

sammygirly: It was Nony who finally got the news, and a few of us - Dee and myself included who helped gather the appropriate info to do it. Very sad indeed.

Bliss, lemme just clarify that we're talking about Grandpa - aka Finedessert.....not Gramps aka oldman9x7. I'm not sure that you were here when Grandpa was - but as you can tell from the thread below, you missed someone special. We memorialized him in our own way and will never forget him.

http://www.lpsg.org/cgi-bin/YaBB.cgi?board=99;action=display;num=1058800837

As for locking him in the top 25, us mods can't do it....however, it is possible for mindseye or Mark to up his posts to an unsurmountable number...like 999999 so he will always be on the top.

That would be up to them...

prepstudinsc: [quote author=sammygirly link=board=meetgreet;num=1067816010;start=0#15 date=11/02/03 at 16:22:00]
http://www.lpsg.org/cgi-bin/YaBB.cgi?board=99;action=display;num=1058800837

As for locking him in the top 25, us mods can't do it....however, it is possible for mindseye or Mark to up his posts to an unsurmountable number...like 999999 so he will always be on the top.

That would be up to them...
[/quote]

I move that Grandpa be moved to the top where he will always stay in the LPSG rankings. He was such an active and vital part of this board in all of its incarnations until his health declined. I think it would only be fitting. Do I have a second????

jackinman: You have a third Prep, I too vote to keep Grampa on top.