Grant Show: SWINGTOWN

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Is it just me or has this guy aged very nicely?! I think he looks better than he did in Melrose. This show is bringing back too many memories of being like 15 in the yr it's set. He has on a pair of poly slack and his ass looked delish......anyone else watching?

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I don't know if I'd say he looks better, but he looks as good.
I remember his first scene ever on 90210 ... I thought he was one of the best looking people I'd ever seen.
(I also always got the feeling that he's a really nice, grounded man. Don't know why.)

Last edited:

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
kinda half assed watching it.....can you post a pic of him? I don't have a clue which guy he is on the show

needshumiliation

Experimental Member
Media
I saw him years ago in a Greenwich Village coffee shop with his then girlfriend. It was just after Ryan's Hope and before Melrose Place. He was stunning, stunning beyond belief. Slim. Spectacular Face.

JohnDoeXXXm

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
many of you might be shocked to hear me say this, but after watching the pilot (which had great art direction and a wonderful music soundtrack) I feel like I need a shower.

I am a bit concerned that CBS decided to develop this project. I feel like it might do a lot of damage to relationships- marriages, and otherwise. The show feels very post-modern, and I haven't quite decided whether that is a good thing.

On the flip side, I suppose it will get people talking and could really 'polarize' choices as well... just as the "old neighbor" wife reacted with shock to what she saw in the basement playroom.

It was like watching Charlie's Angels in high definition- if Farrah Fawcett liked to attend neighborhood sex parties and experiment with alot of drugs.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
many of you might be shocked to hear me say this, but after watching the pilot (which had great art direction and a wonderful music soundtrack) I feel like I need a shower.

I am a bit concerned that CBS decided to develop this project. I feel like it might do a lot of damage to relationships- marriages, and otherwise. The show feels very post-modern, and I haven't quite decided whether that is a good thing.

On the flip side, I suppose it will get people talking and could really 'polarize' choices as well... just as the "old neighbor" wife reacted with shock to what she saw in the basement playroom.

It was like watching Charlie's Angels in high definition- if Farrah Fawcett liked to attend neighborhood sex parties and experiment with alot of drugs.

it would fit well on f/x or on HBO I honestly don't forsee it lasting long.....too risque for most people (prudes lol)

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yeah the show was like that and I was too young then to know if this stuff was going on but from what I've heard it was even tho the 'swinger' thing started a bit earlier on. it has a Playboy mentality tho I have the feeling the show is going to be told from the women's point of view more. We'll see.

JohnDoeXXXm

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Perhaps our society has changed so much with AIDS STDs and PRE-NUPS that the age of free love depicted in this show will be treated as an interesting historical piece, and not a model of modern relationships- but as trends and counter-trends go, it seems like a swinger-resurgence could happen, who knows.

It's more desparate than Wisteria Lane... definately more suggestive... but I really don't see how the overall story can progress past 3 or 4 episodes before it hits the wall of what FCC standards will allow to be shown and what the network standards and practices (censors) will allow to be discussed.

I thought "Tell Me You Love Me" on HBO was a better exploration into the bedroom, because it was shocking in its boldness and brutally honest in its naked portrayal of fully realized relationships across many age groups. Plus it was aired on a network where risks could be taken.

Has anyone here been a part of an open relationship as this show demonstrates- and what was it like? Did your relationship grow, or did you suffer any setbacks?

mgmnguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
This show is interesting... Definitley pushing some boundries. I read a story/review of an upcoming episode, and if I have my characters correct, Grant Show is supposed to be involved in a three way with him, his wife, and one of her old bf's from High School. Think it's going to be on two weeks from now (episode 6).

bmw335

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I agree Grant is a super hot man!!! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm... and I'm digging "Swingtown".... I like the way it moves from scene to scene and the way they use the 70s background music is kinda cool too. I really like this show.