Grapes Of Wrath: Man Sues M&S

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by dong20, Mar 11, 2008.

1. dong20

Gold Member

An accountant wants more than £300,000 damages from Marks & Spencer after claiming he slipped on a grape during a shopping trip.

Alexander Martin-Sklan, 55, of Golders Green Road, Barnet, says he tore the tendon in his right leg in June 2004.

Mr Martin-Sklan says he suffered a ruptured quadricep tendon and "adverse psychological effects and depression" arising from the injury.

Accountant sues M&S for £300,000 over ‘grape injury’ - Times Online

Yes, there's an obvious joke coming ...and why did he wait almost four years...?

Besides, Golders Green Road isn't in Barnet, so clearly he's lying about the grape too. :smile:

2. PlatinumLavender

PlatinumLavender New Member

Is it me, or does this sound like something from The Onion?

3. dong20

Gold Member

As for your first question - I don't know if it's you. As for the second, it isn't.

4. dreamer20

Gold Member

Excerpt:

"Mr Martin-Sklan replied: “I slipped because of picking up fruit \ in the store. I had a squashed grape on my shoe and I had been startled by a car whilst pushing a trolley on the ramp.”
    The hearing continues."

It appears that he was startled by a car and stumbled. I don't believe his grape story though. Had it been inside the store and a bead, patch of wet/oily floor or banana peel were involved his story would have been credible.

5. PlatinumLavender

PlatinumLavender New Member

He probably was too busy getting the litigation straightened out over burning himself on the McDonald's coffee to bother with the horrid grape incident. He might have also been in therapy coming to terms with how humiliating it was to slip in front of people in the produce section, doncha know?

6. dong20

Gold Member

Anyway, he was wearing sandals, he had it coming.:tongue:

Draft saved Draft deleted