Great Comedy Movies

Lasallian

1st Like
Media
LOL Super Troopers.

I work for a police department, and when a cop was on a traffic stop started doing the meow game over the radio with him.

Anyway .... best comedies EVER ...

Blazing Saddles

(is it twue what they say about you people? oh its twue its TWUE!)

and Young Frankenstein

(Roll Roll Roll in the Hay!)

Mr. Bungle

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Alright, post up your fave comedy movies.

One that always sticks out for me, and I can watch a 100 times, is Super Troopers.

I also loved those guys in Beerfest
Those are 2 of my favorites also!!!

"I'm better when I'm drunk!!!"

Those Broken Lizard guys crack me up - never really did dig Club Dread though, but the girls in that flick (esp. Jordan Ladd and that smokin' hot fitness chick!!) were worth the viewing. Others I enjoy are also:

The Jerk
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
The Blues Brothers
Waiting...
Bananas
American Pie
Saving Silverman
Caddyshack
Animal House
Bruce Almighty (that newsroom scene almost gave me a heart attack!!)
Dumb & Dumber
Heathers (very DARK comedy)
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
and a bunch more that I can't think of because I'm tired and need to go to sleep..:biggrin1:

D_Jurgen Klitgaard

Account Disabled
Media
Those are 2 of my favorites also!!!

"I'm better when I'm drunk!!!"

Those Broken Lizard guys crack me up - never really did dig Club Dread though, but the girls in that flick (esp. Jordan Ladd and that smokin' hot fitness chick!!) were worth the viewing. Others I enjoy are also:

The Jerk
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
The Blues Brothers
Waiting...
Bananas
American Pie
Saving Silverman
Caddyshack
Animal House
Bruce Almighty (that newsroom scene almost gave me a heart attack!!)
Dumb & Dumber
Heathers (very DARK comedy)
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
and a bunch more that I can't think of because I'm tired and need to go to sleep..:biggrin1:

Yes, I was not a Club Dread fan either, but their first movie, Puddle Cruiser, had it's moments. They are making a prequel to Super Troopers where they portray their fathers when they were troopers in the 70's.:biggrin1:

Mr. Bungle

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, I was not a Club Dread fan either, but their first movie, Puddle Cruiser, had it's moments. They are making a prequel to Super Troopers where they portray their fathers when they were troopers in the 70's.:biggrin1:
I'd heard about Puddle Cruiser, but haven't checked it out yet - actually wasn't even aware of its existence until I did a little more research on that group.. and yes, I did hear about some sort of prequel to Super Troopers - that sounds like it'll be hilarious!! I remember seeing in the closing credits to Beer Fest that up next would be "Pot Fest", but it didn't take long to realize that it was just them fucking around.. :cool:

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Alright, post up your fave comedy movies.

One that always sticks out for me, and I can watch a 100 times, is Super Troopers.

I also loved those guys in Beerfest

really?

The Princess Bride is probably my all-time favorite movie. and also comedic.

Other favorites:

Groundhog Day
Rushmore
Spaceballs
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey

Scrooged
Ghostbusters
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
A Bug's Life

Monster's Inc
Finding Nemo
Ratatouille
South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut
The Blair Witch Project
This is Spinal Tap
National Lampoon's Vacation
Monty Python- Holy Grain
Monty Python- Life of Brian
Cannibal! the Musical

I know there are more but that's everything I can think of right now. My brain is shutting down and I think that's a sign that I should go to bed.

As a general rule I strongly dislike Adam Sandler, though I thought these ones weren't as heinous as his other offerings (and actually pretty funny): Happy Gilmore, The Wedding Singer, 50 First Dates

I liked Superbad and The 40 Year Old Virgin a lot, not sure if they'll ever make my 'favorites' list, though.

D_Jurgen Klitgaard

Account Disabled
Media
I'd heard about Puddle Cruiser, but haven't checked it out yet - actually wasn't even aware of its existence until I did a little more research on that group.. and yes, I did hear about some sort of prequel to Super Troopers - that sounds like it'll be hilarious!! I remember seeing in the closing credits to Beer Fest that up next would be "Pot Fest", but it didn't take long to realize that it was just them fucking around.. :cool:

Puddle Cruiser needs time to grow on you, it did me. But I really do love it now, and not a bad effort by some college kids.

But oh man, Beerfest was the shit! OMG, that movie is a classic! I know some people hate it and I never understood why.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
BETTER OFF DEAD and the sort of sequel ONE CRAZY SUMMER

THE REBEL--Tony Hancock's oddball effort.

Much of Buster Keaton--THE GENERAL, SHERLOCK JR., his short films...

A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM

I can enjoying watching some old Laurel and Hardy silents. The one about them selling Christmas Trees in LA is a classic. BIG BUSINESS.

drumstyck

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Caddyshack is probably my number one fave.

The Jerk.
Spinal Tap.
Best In Show.
A Mighty Wind.
Saving Silverman.
Anchorman.
Animal House.
Dumb & Dumber.
High Fidelity.
Snatch.
LockStock & Two Smoking Barrels.
Clue.
Airheads.
The Tao of Steve.
Office Space.
Wet Hot American Summer.
anything from Mel Brooks.
anything from Woody Allen (Love & Death is prolly my fave).
all the Muppet movies.
Shaun of the Dead.
The Big Lebowski.
Major League.
Freddy Got Fingered.
Stealing Harvard.
Clerks.
Ghostbusters.
Wayne's World.
Stranger Than Fiction.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
If SHAUN OF THE DEAD rates as a comedy, then so does REANIMATOR. Gross and icky and funny.

A number of comedies on these lists were dismissed as trash when they came out, now regarded as classics. ANIMAL HOUSE. Mel Brooks, CLERKS. OFFICE SPACE. BETTER OFF DEAD. --the last one was panned by Siskel and Ebert, so I had to see it. They hated it.

FREDDY GOT FINGERED is considered odious by many, and just might be one of those movies wherein the person's taste just might veer in a direction you don't care for.

DUMB AND DUMBER certainly is hard to watch after seeing it thrice, and gets less enjoyable. It's a good collection of bits.

CHRISTMAS STORY anyone? This got panned when it came out. I guess critics were reviewing the director's resume' which included CHILDREN SHOULDN'T PLAY WITH DEAD THINGS and PORKY'S and BLACK CHRISTMAS.