GREAT (MAINSTREAM) FILMS That You Might Have Missed!

blackbooty1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
theres a ton of BAD movies but very few very good FILMS. if you are tired of crap heres some good recommendations!

1. NETWORK (1975)
Network (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
came out 35 years ago but wayyyyy before its time! the story is built upon a tv news anchor whos ratings are low so his show is being cancelled. he has a nervous breakdown on air and starts saying BULLSHIT on live tv. The network is first embarrassed until the ratings come and find out quickly that his rants get viewers. they keep him and sign him up on a variety show that looks like a mix of JERRY SPRINGER and GLENN BECK. He pins the slogan IM AS MAD AS HELL AND IM NOT GONNA TAKE THIS ANYMORE! The subplot follows the network attempting to get a deal to follow the daily exploits of a REAL terrorist guerilla group. there lawyers tell them its impossible and it will make the network implicit in the groups crimes but the potential ratings are too good to pass up.. (it shows how reality tv became big 30 years later) Must See!

2. U-TURN (1997)
U Turn (1997 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Super talented Deep cast Sean Penn, Jennifer Lopez, Billy Boby Thorton, Nick Nolte, Jon Voight, Joaquin Phoenix, Liv Tyler directed by Oliver Stone. Sean Penns caracther is a guy driving to California to pay off big sum of money he owes. his car breaks down, in the arizona desert in a small town of some really strange people. he has to rely on Billy Bob (in a fat suit for the part) to fix it, but it may take a few days to get parts, while in town, he meets a tempting seductress. JLO and things get even crazier, with backstabbing situations all over the place. Another good one! JLO's only known on screen NUDE SCENE.. last about 2 seconds..doh!!

3. THANK YOU FOR SMOKING (2005)
Thank You for Smoking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Starring Aaron Eckhart (played TWO FACE in teh Dark Knight) plays a lobbyist for the tobacco company. to fix there PR problems, along the way he gets seduced by a journalist played by Katie Holmes (Tom Cruise real life wife) and she uses sex as a weapon to get him to talk about industry secrets.

--

anything you would like to add?

R Lee Shucker

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Nos. 1 and 3 are not bad at all. Most especially No. 1 is really quite terrific, if for nothing less than the seminal "I'm mad as hell, etc., etc." and truth be known I've ALWAYS had the unrelenting hots for Katie Holmes. Go figure, my wife (after 26 consecutive years together) is a still startlingly beautiful and SEXY scandanivisk kvinne, but frankly, U-Turn is a terrible movie! Big stars, a multitude of unforeseen and foreseen "twists", but it is a godawful piece of dreck!

No disrespect intended, of course. Just my 4 cents.

RLS