Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Have you gone with friends, or just your wife?

Both - wife and guy friends at various times. Took the wife first, eventually brought my best friend and then another friend from college (who actually recommended the spa to begin with). I think it was already mentioned, but challenge with friends is if one person is finished and the other isn't - driving separate helps with that (if everyone is local).

bi_todd

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
challenge with friends is if one person is finished and the other isn't - driving separate helps with that (if everyone is local)
That is my concern about going with friends. I tend to have a lot of staying power at the Korean spa and outlast others. The entrance fee is rather expensive and I don't want to feel rushed about leaving if a friend is ready to go.

bkbll2010

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Been to King Spa in Niles, north of Chicago, quite a few times. I try and go every few months to relax, sometimes with a friend, sometimes just by myself. Great relaxed atmosphere, all sorts of people there speaking all sorts of languages. Wet area is separated by sex. There are 4 pools (tepid, warm, hot, and ice cold) and a steam room. Nudity is required in the wet area. You aren't required to use this area if you don't want to. But if you do, you MUST shower before using any of the pools - the attendants will call you out if you don't. First few times I was nervous about the public nudity, now I don't care.

The main area and saunas are co-ed - there's like 9 different saunas. They cook eggs in the hottest sauna and sell them in the restaurant - that one can get pretty hot! I like to wear socks if I'm going in there (bring your own). The Base Rock room costs and extra 5 dollars, not sure if it's worth it. Basically some specially heated tiles. It used to be a lot hotter, now I just go in the large sauna next to it and lay on the floor without a mat, feels about the same in terms of temperature.

The restaurant serves Korean food, it's a little pricey, but everything I've had is very good. If you don't like that there's always the option of fried chicken too! They have a theater room playing different movies and some resting areas as well. Admission is good for 24 hours, but there's an extra charge if you stay overnight. The one time I stayed overnight I had a hard time sleeping without a bed. I never opted for one of the massages or scrubs.

Definitely get a groupon to cut down the cost, or you can purchase a reduced ticket (cash only) at the H-mart grocery store right next to King Spa. (I don't know if you have to make a purchase to get the reduced admission). It's an expensive outing, but I leave feeling absolutely relaxed - even if I'm there just for a few hours.

This is a good review of the place. I've been probably a dozen times. In the men's wet area they must have had some messing around happen because now they have signs up warning people that it's a family place and nothing sexual is to happen. Last time I was there had a guy staring at my dick within a few feet of me in the sauna. Was awkward but I just ignored him and he finally stopped

kurt bishop

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This is a good review of the place. I've been probably a dozen times. In the men's wet area they must have had some messing around happen because now they have signs up warning people that it's a family place and nothing sexual is to happen. Last time I was there had a guy staring at my dick within a few feet of me in the sauna. Was awkward but I just ignored him and he finally stopped

Humm, so is the place overran with homosexual activity? I mean what's the mix of people?

Old / young ,
Culture- Koreans / or European
Family / single guys
???

bkbll2010

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Humm, so is the place overran with homosexual activity? I mean what's the mix of people?

Old / young ,
Culture- Koreans / or European
Family / single guys
???

No it's not overran by homosexual people, but there are some. Basically all the above. A good mixture

kurt bishop

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Ok
No it's not overran by homosexual people, but there are some. Basically all the above. A good mixture

Ok, appreciate the information.
I understand it happens, I'm a pretty tolerant guy.
I just don't want to walk in expecting a spa like atmosphere and the culture be more like a bathhouse.

So again, Thank you for the info.

singlemalt123

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response

Depends on the day. Weekends and holidays can be crazy, lots of families and kids. I Have to say I am weirded out being in a pool naked with someone else's child, especially when the parent is nowhere to be seen. That's just me, I wouldn't leave my kids unattended. Nothing going on inappropriate, just not my culture to have that kind of situation. Never brought my kids, but I wouldnt let them play in the pools if I wasnt there too. Just me.

Weekdays during the day tend to be a bit slower, mix of ages and races. Sometimes you can tell some guys are trying to fool around, or old guys that always follow every single person into the steam room. But nothing really going on, so they seem to give up and leave. Saunas can get a bit chatty with the old Korean women - but then others chew someone out if they talk too loud - so who knows.

I only had one awkward experience where someone kept touching me with their foot in one of the hot tubs. (I hate feet). I thought it was just an accident. But when they did it in the steam room I realized it was intentional. When I looked up, they were looking at me and had an erection. I guess i should be flattered, but I was more freaked out. So i left the steam room, got dressed in my uniform and did some of the saunas, and that was that. I wasn't going to let a creeper ruin my time, and i wasnt bothered the rest of the stay. I'd hope people get the idea quick. The staff seem vigilant and present all,over that I don't see much happening. Culturally, it is a family place, in all honesty.

Jackerbudchgo

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Been to King Spa in Niles, north of Chicago, quite a few times. I try and go every few months to relax, sometimes with a friend, sometimes just by myself. Great relaxed atmosphere, all sorts of people there speaking all sorts of languages. Wet area is separated by sex. There are 4 pools (tepid, warm, hot, and ice cold) and a steam room. Nudity is required in the wet area. You aren't required to use this area if you don't want to. But if you do, you MUST shower before using any of the pools - the attendants will call you out if you don't. First few times I was nervous about the public nudity, now I don't care.

The main area and saunas are co-ed - there's like 9 different saunas. They cook eggs in the hottest sauna and sell them in the restaurant - that one can get pretty hot! I like to wear socks if I'm going in there (bring your own). The Base Rock room costs and extra 5 dollars, not sure if it's worth it. Basically some specially heated tiles. It used to be a lot hotter, now I just go in the large sauna next to it and lay on the floor without a mat, feels about the same in terms of temperature.

The restaurant serves Korean food, it's a little pricey, but everything I've had is very good. If you don't like that there's always the option of fried chicken too! They have a theater room playing different movies and some resting areas as well. Admission is good for 24 hours, but there's an extra charge if you stay overnight. The one time I stayed overnight I had a hard time sleeping without a bed. I never opted for one of the massages or scrubs.

Definitely get a groupon to cut down the cost, or you can purchase a reduced ticket (cash only) at the H-mart grocery store right next to King Spa. (I don't know if you have to make a purchase to get the reduced admission). It's an expensive outing, but I leave feeling absolutely relaxed - even if I'm there just for a few hours.
Always wanted to go - it's just 10 minutes from my house, but never have had the guts,

archetypal_mystic

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have to admit that when routine non sexual nudity was introduced into the relationship with my best friend, things really changed for us. I have no idea why...by it just did. It opened things up for us, we found opporunities to be nude together, we compared notes regularly...this went on for years....died off a bit as he got into a LTR, then opened up again on a totally different level many years later...as elements of sexuality were added to the nude encounters.

archetypal_mystic

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have to admit that when routine non sexual nudity was introduced into the relationship with my best friend, things really changed for us. I have no idea why...by it just did. It opened things up for us, we found opporunities to be nude together, we compared notes regularly...this went on for years....died off a bit as he got into a LTR, then opened up again on a totally different level many years later...as elements of sexuality were added to the nude encounters.
Sorry...to stay on point...one of the first opportunities we had to be nude together was at the sauna in our neighbourhood gym.

Reactions: LockerRoomPA

mike2939

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Visited Spa World in Centreville, Va for about the tenth time. I really like this place with the multiple hot tubs, saunas, and water jet stations in the bade pool. No denying that almost every guy in the wet area can be seen checking out the other guys. No big deal... it's just the way it is. Never seen anything inappropriate going on when I've been there. But on this trip, I was using one of the stand-up water-jet stations and the guy in the one next to me was putting his hand/arm across the barrier into the water in my space. I was intrigued as nothing like this had happened before and was curious on where this was going... or if he was just being careless with his hand. Wondered if anybody here ever had this experience....

DudeFromHere

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Visited Spa World in Centreville, Va for about the tenth time. I really like this place with the multiple hot tubs, saunas, and water jet stations in the bade pool. No denying that almost every guy in the wet area can be seen checking out the other guys. No big deal... it's just the way it is. Never seen anything inappropriate going on when I've been there. But on this trip, I was using one of the stand-up water-jet stations and the guy in the one next to me was putting his hand/arm across the barrier into the water in my space. I was intrigued as nothing like this had happened before and was curious on where this was going... or if he was just being careless with his hand. Wondered if anybody here ever had this experience....

I go here quite frequently and have seen some stuff occasionally, but usually the guys are so afraid of getting caught and banned they'll hold off. More chance of action on weekdays than weekends cause of all the employees. I, personally, have not gotten up to anything but have seen some stuff.

singlemalt123

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Yeah, I would say that the more I got to the saunas, the more I notice things I hadn't noticed before. Maybe it's because I've settled into more of a routine to enjoy everything so I notice something that it out of place for the different part of the facility.