Great news: "heavy" ladies live longer! Seriously

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by B_johnschlong, Sep 3, 2008.

1. B_johnschlong

B_johnschlong New Member

Girls, forget the argument that being a bit heavier is bad for your health. New research shows the exact opposite.

Seriously.

Here's the Dutch article, which I will summarize for you:
    -Common knowledge has it that overweight represents health risks. The truth is more nuanced.

-Recent research shows that people with a higher body mass index (BMI) than the one considered "normal" do not have a higher, but in fact a lower mortality.

-Persons with a BMI between 25 and 30, nowadays considered to represent "overweight", are not "obese". Research which said that all people with overweight have a higher risk of dieing earlier, are wrong, because of this group the really obese people (BMI higher than 35) account for the vast majority of excess mortality.

-Researchers therefor zoomed in on the specific group of people with a BMI between 25 and 30 and they found that they live longer than people with a normal BMI. People with a "normal" BMI and who have never smoked between age 25 and 60, even have a 50% higher chance of dieing earlier than similar people with a high BMI but who are not obese.

-According to the new research, overweight protects the body against many infections, which are a key factor causing death in the general population. Excess body fat also strengthens the bone structure, preventing such death-causing events like hip fractures, which are very common in older aged people.

-Most importantly, the researchers found that "heavier" people are generally happier and enjoy better psychological well being. The happiness factor can explain the longer lives. People with a higher than normal BMI also commit less suicide than the group with a "normal" BMI.

-The findings were most outspoken amongst women.

Cool. Ladies, let these pounds hang, but don't go too far.

I like a real chick with good feminine forms and a bubble booty. They're happy and sexy. Just like I want them. What I will never encourage, though, is the trend of fattening farms, where girls go to grow a huge ass. This can end up by generating obese chicks.

In any case, please feel good about your extra pounds. It's a sign of health!

2. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

Ma dat is niet waar, ik heb ondertussen twee jaar een opleiding dieekunde er op zitten en geloof me, een BMI tussen 25-30 lost echt niets op hoor. Vreemd dat ze dat schrijven. Je kans op suikerziekte is veel hoger bij een BMI tussen 25-30, ook de kans op hart- en vaatziekten neemt toe! Ik wil niet betweterig zijn, maar volgens mij klopt hier iets niet. Sorry.

3. TinyPrincess

Gold Member

Albums:
    Pity, then my time is almost over - thanks for the years I got...

4. B_johnschlong

B_johnschlong New Member

Pieterjoke (don't mind me continuing in English?), I'm not an expert, so I can only say what the Journal states.

I was very amazed to read it too, though. But they wouldn't publish this in the country's leading medical journal and put it on the front-page of the state media's outlet if it weren't correct.

Maybe we should get a copy of the original article. Will check.

Draft saved Draft deleted