Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Mr. Bungle

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Robocop is great too, I love that they filmed it in Dallas.
Good call, Mr. Hardcock - LOVE that movie.. they filmed it in Dallas, and it's supposed to take place in Detroit? Interesting... so many great lines in that movie.

Always had a soft spot for Blade Runner, I thought I Robot was pretty neat, too..

D_Jurgen Klitgaard

Account Disabled
Media
Good call, Mr. Hardcock - LOVE that movie.. they filmed it in Dallas, and it's supposed to take place in Detroit? Interesting... so many great lines in that movie.

Always had a soft spot for Blade Runner, I thought I Robot was pretty neat, too..

Yep, you can see many Dallas landmarks in there. They even give a shout out to our old, local weatherman in the end credits.

I saw a behind the scenes where they talk about the blistering summer heat and the toll it took on Peter Weller in the suit. He lost like a ton of weight that summer.:biggrin1:

Tickled Pink

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
yep. and his character name is "Coffee." He's a coffee bhein.

He he he LOL!!!

Bicentennial Man was quite a good adaption, Robin Williams was a good choice.

Anyone any news as to when 'Rendezvous with Rama' is actually going to be made? (Would be nice if it was before Arthur died!).

Forbidden Planet scared the shit out of me first time I saw it (mind you I was only a young girl then!)

(I love this thread!!!!)

Hand_Solo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
God, I forgot to add Logan's Run, perhaps the best science fiction movie ever made!

Also, Steamboy was decent, and Iron Man looks like it's gonna be pretty fantastic. I'm a huge Iron Man fan, and was worried they were gonna ruin it, but what I've seen so far looks good.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
Also, Steamboy was decent, and Iron Man looks like it's gonna be pretty fantastic. I'm a huge Iron Man fan, and was worried they were gonna ruin it, but what I've seen so far looks good.

Their plans to ruin it were foiled when they failed to hire Michael Bay to direct.

I've only seen the trailors and teasers, but the character development looks impressive. I am glad that Robert Downy got his ass in gear and was given a second chance. I think he'll make a perfect playboy/alcoholic/asshole pre-Iron Man Tony Stark.

I love seeing the armor evolve from that huge clunky gray suit to the streamlined and sophisticated yellow and red armor -- 40 years of comic history wrapped into two hours.

I hope that the movie includes the cool things in the comic, like how he taps into satellite systems and can see anywhere in the world, or how his suite can access Stark's mainframe to perform complex processing, or how his suite is more of an organic skin that grows on is body with a cybernetic interface (The Extremis Project).

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
After you watch the BBC serial of the fist book of THE HITCHHIKERS GUIDE TO THE GALAXY, you find far more content than you would ever find in the movie version, which never had the charm or grace the serial had. I know Douglas Adams wrote the screenplay; it was edited down, since Adams didn't know screenplays. Good, overall? Not a bit at all. NotPunny should rent or buy the six part adaptation of the radio serial, or find the DVD of it, or read the book.

Final outcome: THE MOVIE BITES.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I liked the Hitchhiker books though I got bored reading them around book number 3 I think. I think perhaps because Adams' sense of humor is too close to my own.
I liked the recent movie. It wasn't perfect, but it was good. The serial I've never gone all the way through.

but people who scream that books are better than movies only because there is more content in the books (duh) I find don't really know what they're talking about. If a film can capture the feel of a novel it's based on, cover the major plot points and not horribly disservice any of the major characters, and cut things out (yes, cutting things out is in fact essential) while still keeping a tight, cogent, cohesive and interesting narrative... then it has done its job. I think the Hitchhiker movie did at the very least a fair job of this. I also thought the casting was pretty good.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
After you watch the BBC serial of the fist book of THE HITCHHIKERS GUIDE TO THE GALAXY, you find far more content than you would ever find in the movie version, which never had the charm or grace the serial had. I know Douglas Adams wrote the screenplay; it was edited down, since Adams didn't know screenplays. Good, overall? Not a bit at all. NotPunny should rent or buy the six part adaptation of the radio serial, or find the DVD of it, or read the book.

Final outcome: THE MOVIE BITES.

I read the books twice. :rolleyes:

I thought the movie did a decent job of it compared to most movie adaptions. Perhaps it was because Alan Rickman did such a spectacular job as the robot, or simply because I saw the movie with a bunch of kids, and had the pleasure of introducing them to a story/concept that I loved.

But I will check out the BBC series. Didn't know there was one.

thugcock05

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I read the books twice. :rolleyes:

I thought the movie did a decent job of it compared to most movie adaptions. Perhaps it was because Alan Rickman did such a spectacular job as the robot, or simply because I saw the movie with a bunch of kids, and had the pleasure of introducing them to a story/concept that I loved.

But I will check out the BBC series. Didn't know there was one.

The audience you see a flick with can really make or break it for you.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I am sure it is mentioned already but "Children of Men" is a new one that is awesome.

Children of Men based on the strengths of its narrative was "just okay" to me.

The premise was interesting. The acting was good.

What really made this film stand out to me, though, was the way it was shot. Which was just incredible. The antithesis of Bay's god awful MTV style directing. Some of the shots are so complicated and go on for what seems like forever. The two most impressive are the one where they get attacked by thugs in their car in the woods, and also the shot where they are running through the refugee camp at the end of the movie and about 10 minutes goes by without any noticeable cuts. Cinematography, art direction, everything that went into what the ended up with in the frame was, as I said, just incredible...

I finally saw "Sunshine" last night after several people recommended it to me. I thought it was good, but not as good as I had been led to believe it was. There were things I didn't like about it.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have these SCI-FI movies on DVD: ( I have seen a lot of SCI-FI movies in the theaters.)

Starship Troopers
Underworld
Underworld: Evolution
The Puppet Masters (it was the one with Donald Sutherland)
NIGHTWATCH
DAYWATCH
The Matrix Trilogy and Animatrix
Fantastic Four: The Rise of The Silver Surfer
DUNE (The Director's Cut very understandable...it had an informative prologue in it.) The original movie release...there were people leaving. It was weird. You know you are in trouble when they give you a glossary sheet with terminology to read before the film started.)

The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Shaun of the Dead
The Hills Have Eyes
Suspect Zero
Alone in the Dark
Aeon Flux
High Tension
The Covenant
I, Robot
The Breed
Hostel, Part II
Pulse
Minority Report
Planet Terror
Mystery Men
The Legend of Extraordinary Gentleman
Silent Hill
Mirrormask (GREAT MOVIE AND MOTION PICTURE SCORE)
Unbreakable
Doom
Bulletproof Monk
Thirteen Ghosts
The Omen (The Newest One. I saw all the older versions as a kid with my mom at the theater.)
Lara Croft: Tomb Raider
Lara Croft: Tomb Raider The Cradle of Life
The Arrival
The Arrival 2
Freddie vs. Jason
HellBoy
The Handmaid's Tale

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow, well, I'm going to invade your sofa, roofies. Popcorn anyone?!

(I think I'll print the list. It's a good one.)

- - - - - - -

But am I the only one who enjoyed Men In Black? (The first, not the sequel)

(I confess to watching Mystery men about four times...)

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
- - - - - - -

Men in Black was okay, maybe even good, for what it was. I wouldn't really classify it as sci-fi, though. Not unless Ghostbusters is sci-fi.

I liked Mystery Men better personally. "I shovel well!" :biggrin1:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Wow, well, I'm going to invade your sofa, roofies. Popcorn anyone?!

(I think I'll print the list. It's a good one.)

- - - - - - -

I have other movies. I even have Brokeback Mountain. :rolleyes:

I like movies. I am kicking back money to get CLOVERFIELD and 30 DAYS OF NIGHT when they get released on DVD.