Great women

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Since I've just been discussing one of my all-time favorite women in the Israel/Lebanon thread I thought I'd attempt to open a discussion of women and politics generally.

I admire women of courage who will risk all to stand behind their beliefs and convicitons. Natalie Maines of "The Dixie Chicks" brooked monstrous flack for her statements at a concert in London. She's stuck by them too.

But Vanessa Redgrave with her staunch humanitarian stand throughout her career has inspired me more than most any other woman who comes immediately to mind.

This is a bi-partisan thread so please freely state who of the females in the public eye, serves for you as a benchmark of principle and righteousness.

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yeh!!! Keep talking about them for me to have an ideia.of their standing views...:wink:

Stronzo and about the one I ask in the other post? The one from Thelma and Louise...I love that actress woman.

Isabella

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Chilean president Michelle Bachelet. She is a single mother, pediatrician and agnostic who was able to get democratically elected in South America..her whole family was tortured under Pinochet's regime and were forced into exile abroad. It was so thrilling when she won.

Also, those women who work with little pay to end physical and sexual violence get my vote.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Gisella do you mean Susan Sarandon or Gina Davis?

Gisella said:
Yeh!!! Keep talking about them for me to have an ideia.of their standing views...:wink:

Stronzo and about the one I ask in the other post? The one from Thelma and Louise...I love that actress woman.

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
naughty said:
Gisella do you mean Susan Sarandon or Gina Davis?

Yes, Susan Sarandon! Thanks Naughty.

And about when growing up the ones i had respect was the ones who were in power, I grow up still Brasil was under military power and I remember we could not express freely...or have real informations...

I remember I admire 3 women: Indira Ghandi, Golda Meir and Margareth Thacher...but dont know what their people thinks about their leadership really...I just admire women who got power as 'head' of States...

And later i do admire social workers mostly, everyday women I see acting not just talking, to help communities and people all over the world...my own Grandmother was a great women, she had her own business and helped everybody with practical things and etc..I'm very practical person hands on things but very emotional too...have to learn to be more efficient and other things more civilized...:rolleyes: :biggrin1:

What I dont agree is when some fight for people rights and etc but not knowing the full picture...like for exemple, fight for environment but that kind of work that demanges nature is the only way people in that area work for survive...than before shouting fire must do full homework to know what the people being 'helped' really needs...:rolleyes:

And that its very difficult dealing with money to help people in struggles when they are crashed by governmental corruption..the money will be steal from them and things will not change...:rolleyes:

Ops...:redface:

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Kudos for Benazir Bhutto for being first female head of state in a (post colonial) Muslim nation and for being extremely attractive to boot.:smile:

Points deducted for being largely dishonest, corrupt and incompetent.:rolleyes:

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sarandon is a hack, with little education... remind me where her political/socio degree is from... okay, then her high school diploma... a rich actress hack who shoudl keep her piehole shut, and her blathering hubby.

Gisella said:
Yes, Susan Sarandon! Thanks Naughty.

And about when growing up the ones i had respect was the ones who were in power, I grow up still Brasil was under military power and I remember we could not express freely...or have real informations...

I remember I admire 3 women: Indira Ghandi, Golda Meir and Margareth Thacher...but dont know what their people thinks about their leadership really...I just admire women who got power as 'head' of States...

And later i do admire social workers mostly, everyday women I see acting not just talking, to help communities and people all over the world...my own Grandmother was a great women, she had her own business and helped everybody with practical things and etc..I'm very practical person hands on things but very emotional too...have to learn to be more efficient and other things more civilized...:rolleyes: :biggrin1:

What I dont agree is when some fight for people rights and etc but not knowing the full picture...like for exemple, fight for environment but that kind of work that demanges nature is the only way people in that area work for survive...than before shouting fire must do full homework to know what the people being 'helped' really needs...:rolleyes:

And that its very difficult dealing with money to help people in struggles when they are crashed by governmental corruption..the money will be steal from them and things will not change...:rolleyes:

Ops...:redface: