Greed is not good, its great!

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My first pillaging was from a Viking. Quite memorable. :wink:

Did you pillage him back? Where did he sheath his sword?

Actually I have read the Vikings tended to bring their own women along during their sojourns. I know they sacked the Monastic culture of ireland in the Middle Ages. It was thought that a warming trend in the climate (where have we heard that) caused a small population boom and Scandinavia had a lot of young men with nothing but time on their hands so they went raiding but more just went trading.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I'm not so sure. Charles Manson wasn't in pursuit of money or greed. Jeffrey Dahmer wasn't in pursuit of money. The Black Dahlia didn't care about money.

Atta didn't want money. Timothy McVeigh didn't care about money. He didn't demonstrate a greed for riches.

The Boston Strangler, Ted Bundy, Ku Klux Klan, Skinheads.....need I go on?

Money and greed surely are not the root of all evil.

Fine, then. Throw in fame, twisted sexual desire, fear and power for its own sake and I guess we've about covered them all. They are base, corrupting human impulses...along with greed.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Fine, then. Throw in fame, twisted sexual desire, fear and power for its own sake and I guess we've about covered them all.

Agreed.
Unfortunately, some people seem to think that greed only applies to acquisition of money. Kinda sad when something so obvious needs to be broken down like this.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Fine, then. Throw in fame, twisted sexual desire, fear and power for its own sake and I guess we've about covered them all. They are base, corrupting human impulses...along with greed.

Yep; plenty of vices and impulses out there that cause evil. They certainly all don't lead back to money.:wink:

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The state that the world is in is fantastic. I would love to take some credit for how great the world is today and I can from what i do to make it better. It has never been better. If this is miserable living lay it on me more and more. Give me one moment in time when life was better than it is today. Pick any time in human history when things were not as fabulous as they are today.

The profound advancement in labor saving consumer devices in the last 30 years is awe inspiring. The yoke/darkness of communism is gone from Eastern Europe (thank you Ronald Reagan) Go back 60 years and heart disease and cancer were killing people by the droves along with people gassing other people. Go back 90 years and a simple cut could kill you. You chopped trees by hand. You cooked food by wood stove and influenza killed 50 million people across the earth. Travel between countries took days not hours.

Human existence is so fruitful and easy relative to other eras we have to make up miseries like global warming to be fearful of. We have food every where you turn. They tried to scare us with the H1N1 virus and that was a big fraud.

Go back 200 years and you had to cut down 6000 trees by hand to farm a scrap of land.

Tell me what misery we have today that was not way worse a few years ago. Be accurate and provide links please.
Life is certainly "easier" than it used to be. But is the world "better"? Are the people of the world Happier than they used to be?? These are obviously rhetorical questions so no links are available. But they are certainly questions to ponder.