Greenspan: Clinton smarter than Bush

D

deleted15807

It seems everyday a new book is out critical of King George and his Reign of Error. Now a new one is out by none other than Alan Greenspan. It's just too bad US voters didn't realize it in 2000.

From the Washington Post:

..he calls Clinton a "risk taker" who had shown a "preference for dealing in facts," and presents Clinton and himself almost as soul mates. "Here was a fellow information hound. . . . We both read books and were curious and thoughtful about the world. . . . I never ceased to be surprised by his fascination with economic detail: the effect of Canadian lumber on housing prices and inflation. . . . He had an eye for the big picture too."

Alan Greenspan, who served as Federal Reserve chairman for 18 years and was the leading Republican economist for the past three decades, levels unusually harsh criticism at President Bush and the Republican Party in his new book, arguing that Bush abandoned the central conservative principle of fiscal restraint.

The Republicans, he says, deserved to lose control of the Senate and House in last year's elections. "The Republicans in Congress lost their way," Greenspan writes. "They swapped principle for power. They ended up with neither."

washingtonpost.com

B_johnschlong

Experimental Member
Media
Wow, that's like saying a Formula 1 car is faster than a bicycle.
Or like saying that Mandingo's dick is bigger than mine.

Strange to see a man like Greenspan stating the obvious.

The real question is: will any nation anywhere in the coming millennia and in the coming history of mankind ever elect a dumber president than Bush? Chances are close to nihil.

D

deleted15807

The real question is: will any nation anywhere in the coming millennia and in the coming history of mankind ever elect a dumber president than Bush? Chances are close to nihil.

Indeed it is obvious but not to millions of voters who continue to incredibly support him.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Actually in 2000, a majority of US voters did know that, too bad the electoral votes system got him in. I can't explain how Bush received the majority of the popular vote the 2nd time around ?

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Actually in 2000, a majority of US voters did know that, too bad the electoral votes system got him in. I can't explain how Bush received the majority of the popular vote the 2nd time around ?

I can. Look what was running against him...

Saying Clinton is smarter than Bush isn't saying much.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
*SNIP* The real question is: will any nation anywhere in the coming millennia and in the coming history of mankind ever elect a dumber president than Bush? Chances are close to nill.
Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it. Unfortunately, Americans have notoriously short memories

Indeed it is obvious but not to millions of voters who continue to incredibly support him.
Don't even get me started on the millions of mindless lemmings who re-elected that twit. I think they did it because they were afraid to change horses mid-stream. They thought he got us into this war we need to let him get us out of it. Then there are the thousands of ministers black and white whom he basically bought off.

D

deleted15807

I can. Look what was running against him...

Saying Clinton is smarter than Bush isn't saying much.

Actually Greenspan takes it much further and says he and Clinton were very much alike; soul mates almost. So it now follows you didn't like Greenspan as well.

D

deleted15807

And we should Impeach Bush AND Cheney writes Bruch Fein. A constitutional scholar, Bruce Fein served in the Justice Department during the Reagan administration and as general counsel of the Federal Communications Commission. Bruce Fein has been affiliated with conservative think tanks such as the American Enterprise Institute and the Heritage Foundation and now writes a weekly column for THE WASHINGTON TIMES and Politico.com.

BRUCE FEIN: More worrisome than Clinton's-- because he is seeking more institutionally to cripple checks and balances and the authority of Congress and the judiciary to superintend his assertions of power. He has claimed the authority to tell Congress they don't have any right to know what he's doing with relation to spying on American citizens, using that information in any way that he wants in contradiction to a federal statute called the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act. He's claimed authority to say he can kidnap people, throw them into dungeons abroad, dump them out into Siberia without any political or legal accountability. These are standards that are totally anathema to a democratic society devoted to the rule of law.

Bill Moyers Journal . Transcripts | PBS

D

deleted15807

Actually, it isn't saying anything.

Actually it is since I am certain there would be no Iraq war right now. The Middle East would be a lot more stable state than it is now. So actually it IS saying something.:redface: The dominoes from this disastrous war have not even stopped falling.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Actually Greenspan takes it much further and says he and Clinton were very much alike; soul mates almost. So it now follows you didn't like Greenspan as well.

Never said I did like Greenspan. You'll be hard pressed to find a politician I do like. They are mostly all the same. Out for themselves and their friends who helped put and keep them in power...

D

deleted15807

viking1 well of course. I have an axiom 'People in power want to stay in power'. And they will do anything to do it. I don't like them either but unfortunately we don't have much choice.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
viking1 well of course. I have an axiom 'People in power want to stay in power'. And they will do anything to do it. I don't like them either but unfortunately we don't have much choice.

Yep. That's why I said it's always been vote for the lesser of the evils in my life time. It's not like I see a candidate and say "this person will be the salvation of our society". It's always which of the choices is the least harmful out of the group. We can do something about all of this, but we won't. Why?
Because we are all too selfish with our own agendas to work as a group.
Greed has overrun the entire human race now.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The nice thing about Alan Greenspan is that in his position, he really didn't have to answer to that party political system. He served under several administrations and his job and beliefs never changed one iota. It doesn't surprise me that he and Bill Clinton are avid info hounds. While working on the second run for the White House, I recall seeing him come through Kansas City all the time and we all are familiar with the Presidential limo and the one thing that sticks out in my mind is whenever he (Bill Clinton) arrived , he was always stowing a book away and putting away his reading glasses as he was stepping out of the car.

I have seen presidents sitting in the limo waving goofily at the crowds or looking blankly out like the family dog in the back of the SUV. Bill Clinton waved as well, but it was between reading his books.

D

deleted15807

Yep. That's why I said it's always been vote for the lesser of the evils in my life time. It's not like I see a candidate and say "this person will be the salvation of our society". It's always which of the choices is the least harmful out of the group. We can do something about all of this, but we won't. Why?
Because we are all too selfish with our own agendas to work as a group.
Greed has overrun the entire human race now.

In the seeds of our own birth lie the seeds of our own destruction. Greed.

50000 sq ft homes. 1 billion dollar paychecks. 500 ft yachts. I have no doubt Mother Earth will eject us from the planet one day. The polar ice cap is melting and our goal? To tap the resources there rather than to save the resources there. Like a tick that sucks blood until it bursts.

hot-rod

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Wow, that's like saying a Formula 1 car is faster than a bicycle.
Or like saying that Mandingo's dick is bigger than mine.

I don't think that the fucker is stupid, he's just plain sick. Really don't know how he sleeps at night, with all the loss of human life on both sides that he lied about and caused.