Greetings and suggestion (flameable)

puppychow

Just Browsing
Media
Love the site, learned alot, overall good stuff.

I'm sure this has been posted before, however, please excuse me being new.

Sexual orientation is a personal choice and I have no beef (no pun intended) with what a person chooses...however, just as a meek suggestion - maybe in the future seperate hetero vs homosexual parts of the forum. This is largly a gay site, and while thats cool, those hetero of us really have to dig and claw through topics that are not gay related.

I think in the end it would lend itself to a better forum and lpsg experience, for all parties.

just my 2 cents.

thx!

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Welcome, puppychow. Thanks for the suggestion but what you'll find most unique about LPSG is how well various sexual persuasions get along here. To separate gay from straight would not encourage that. It would also not encourage the dynamic dialogs that we often have here that increase the understanding and the comraderie that the site is well known for.

Hang around for a while and get involved in the discussions that interest you and you'll see what I mean. LPSG is a good place to make online friends without regard to their sexuality.

puppychow

Just Browsing
Media
Pecker said:
Welcome, puppychow. Thanks for the suggestion but what you'll find most unique about LPSG is how well various sexual persuasions get along here. To separate gay from straight would not encourage that. It would also not encourage the dynamic dialogs that we often have here that increase the understanding and the comraderie that the site is well known for.

Hang around for a while and get involved in the discussions that interest you and you'll see what I mean. LPSG is a good place to make online friends without regard to their sexuality.

i dig that, and totally understand it. but what about meeting in the middle? keeping the 99% of the forum open to all, but adding 2 subforums for gay and straight only discussions?

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
Pecker said:

Either that or you can ban him now and let him take his homophobic claptrap elsewhere.

Puppychow: Who would CHOOSE to be gay? Who would CHOOSE to be black? Who would CHOOSE to be stigmatized?

Who would CHOOSE to be stupid?

You are the way you are. They are the way they are. It takes all kinds, and you're one of them. Stick around and try to learn something. Maybe after a while you'll be able to celebrate diverstiy instead of trying to quash it.

puppychow

Just Browsing
Media
there was nothing homophobic about my post Hickboy, no need to get all upset. I think most would agree.

It is a fact that the majority of posts are gay related. For those of us who are straight, It would be nice to have more of a focused forum experience.

Really, drop the need to push being PC. Nothing I have said is worthy of you getting angry, nor fodder for discussing theories of what causes gender preferences.

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Even if it's workable, I doubt that gay vs. straight is how you'd want to separate things. What you're after might be thoughtful vs. frivolous, and that's not going to correlate strongly with orientation. While at first it may look like all the total waste-of-bandwidth threads are a couple of gay guys blowing kisses to each other (for page after page after page - and they do tend to destroy otherwise interesting threads), in actuality the really dumbass posts here (all those "am I big?" posts, for example) aren't generally from the gay types. And the jejune political rant threads - the ones making this forum look about as intelligent as a school of blowfish - aren't the sole realm of the gays, either.

puppychow

Just Browsing
Media
it's not about versus anyone. i do not see how a couple of subforums would hurt the community.

one can be really turned off by homosexual topics without being a bigot. I hope theres people who can awknowledge this.

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
And how would the police function be implemented? You couldn't keep the gay guys out of the straight section (if I read the proposal aright, and that is one of the objects of this exercise). If you even try, the kneejerk squeals about homophobia (real or imagined) would be deafening - as you can extrapolate from the responses thus far.

puppychow

Just Browsing
Media
thats what moderators are for, no?

anyways, just a suggestion that i thought would be beneficial. talking about subforums, and the bottom of the main page.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
To separate posters, even in a couple of 'rooms' of the total forum, beween gay and straight would be like Separate but Equal. There's just no practical way of making such a division bias-free.

The strength of LPSG, as I see it as a member (as well as a moderator) is that it is not important if I am debating a gay man or woman. It matters not. The only thing that matters is that he or she must be some kind of f*cking cuntfaced bridge troll not to agree with my side of the discussion.

puppychow

Just Browsing
Media
understood, however, it's just a bit frustrating when gay topics really turn one off, and when they seem to dominate the forums...many topic subject lines are vauge and then go into homosexual topics - topics that I, and i'm sure others would simply like to avoid when possible, but with the current setup, thats not possible.

it's not being a gay basher or a homophobe. I prefer Burger King over McDonalds, and god dammit, when i want to indulge, I go to Burger King :)

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No one is buying it, puppy. You are the only one with a problem, I think. Some great friendships have been struck between gay and straight men and women here. This place is kinda like a really interesting bar in NYC or something. Fun mixed with personal philosophies in a mixed environment. You can't buy this kind of stuff.

puppychow

Just Browsing
Media
then maybe this is the wrong site for me. but if truth in advertising and integrity is important to the mods/admins, then this should be known as a gay site.

most of the topics pertain to such topics.

8dot75

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not to ...um.. straddle the fence,Hick and Pup.. but you BOTH have valid points.
as a straight guy, i do see a lot more gay-oriented posts and what not, but that is cool.. what are you to expect on a site devoted to massive man meat... aside from the few brazen Females who come through ?
And, as i would like to see more straight-oriented things as well, this DTETRACTS from the diversity that is the web.
I'm not Homophobic-personally, i give gay men (and women) their props as they are just trying to exist in a society that cries for unity, but lives in a divide-and-conquer mode of existence.
It is like being Black...I'm Primarily Afr-Am, and that was NATURE.
I didn't choose it, and i don't see it as a handicap (EXCEPTfor the DEEP BASS From the RAP blastin' in the Car:eek:.....)
I CAN be stupid... and THAT is a choice, but no matter HOW stupid i act
I'm NOT IGNORANT, and IGNORANCE is terminal.

If you open your eyes to that which you've never seen, then you have seen something NEW , and THAT is the basic purpose of life.

MischievousOne

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm probably the wrong person to post a response to this, being one of the gay posters, but I've never seen there to be any excessive amount of gayness to this site. Certainly there are a number of gay men here, and there are a lot of questions relating to gay sex (how do I bottom for a big one, I love sucking cocks bigger than my own, etc; type of things), but there are also any number of questions relating to straight sex (what do you love most about entering the vagina, girlfriend thinks I'm too big, etc;) and more than that, there are mostly threads that have nothing to do with the sexuality of the original poster or those who respond. If you see a title that doesn't interest you, don't read the thread. That's how I avoid reading about all the pussy. :)

findfirefox

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
puppychow said:
Love the site, learned alot, overall good stuff.

I'm sure this has been posted before, however, please excuse me being new.

Sexual orientation is a personal choice and I have no beef (no pun intended)with what a person chooses...however, just as a meek suggestion -

Cha..... You know what? It is not a choice, trust me if it was I would be straight, that would have made me life a helluva' lot simpler.

puppychow said:
maybe in the future seperate hetero vs homosexual parts of the forum. This is largly a gay site, and while thats cool, those hetero of us really have to dig and claw through topics that are not gay related.

I don't think you have to dig, you have Women's Issues and Etc. Yes there are a lot of "gay" topics but there are many other topics because of the many straight people here.

puppychow said:
I think in the end it would lend itself to a better forum and lpsg experience, for all parties.

No, I personally like to read about "straight" issues, see how they compare, and it really shows how similar we all are, it also cause LPSG to be a great place for all people.

puppychow said:
there was nothing homophobic about my post Hickboy, no need to get all upset. I think most would agree.

I don't, your idea of separating people is something that could be taken that way, this idea could also represent that you would like a homosexual area of your favorite restaurant or bar, because if there in your area it causes a problem.

puppychow said:
It is a fact that the majority of posts are gay related. For those of us who are straight, It would be nice to have more of a focused forum experience.

Really, drop the need to push being PC. Nothing I have said is worthy of you getting angry, nor fodder for discussing theories of what causes gender preferences.

Well it seems you could learn something from looking into the lives of others. Also what you said about it being a "choice" is completely crazy and so yes it is worthy of being brought up, and it is going to make people angry.

puppychow said:
it's not about versus anyone. i do not see how a couple of subforums would hurt the community.

Because it would separate people, it would break apart what LPSG is, a place for everyone together to get support, many times a homosexual person has helped a straight person or straight person has helped a homosexual.

puppychow said:
one can be really turned off by homosexual topics without being a bigot. I hope theres people who can awknowledge this.

This site is not a place for you to "get off" its a SUPPORT group, so it does not matter if it "turns you off"

puppychow said:
thats what moderators are for, no?

No

puppychow said:
understood, however, it's just a bit frustrating when gay topics really turn one off, and when they seem to dominate the forums...many topic subject lines are vauge and then go into homosexual topics - topics that I, and i'm sure others would simply like to avoid when possible, but with the current setup, thats not possible.

Again, this site is not about turning you on or off, its for support, if you want to avoid homosexual topics, leave.

puppychow said:
then maybe this is the wrong site for me. but if truth in advertising and integrity is important to the mods/admins, then this should be known as a gay site.

most of the topics pertain to such topics.

If you think its the wrong site for you, it is. I don't know what you want them to do, stamp "Gay" all over the site? They won't do that because its not a gay site even if most of the posts are about said topics, its about getting support, calling it a "gay" site would keep away many people that could become a good member.

Is that clear?

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
puppychow said:
maybe in the future seperate hetero vs homosexual parts of the forum.
1) apartheid was a fucked-up enough idea in South Africa, let's not emulate it here.

2) if you really believe that either people or their individual desires can be so easily separated into 'hetero' and 'homo', then your perception of human sexuality is incredibly limited.