Greetings and suggestion (flameable)

F_Man

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The margin between "hetero" and "homo" is wider than the,,, Grand Canyon. Men are men no matter where they visit or stay on that wide curvy line. The beauty of this site is the m a l e n e s s of it, and that is such a great, sexy, fun, big thing compared to restrictive labels. If you really find most threads and posts "gay" oriented
and it doesn't thrill you, maybe you can initiate less "gays" threads. And if you don't
enjoy the answers to a n y topics by those who say they are less than 50% straight, you can always skip them. Life is wide, prisons have cells... (Hey, that could fit in a book of naive truisms:)

I've found that being gay, my understanding of men is sometimes slightly different from those male friends who live a straight life. I have good straight buddies, and the talk we have of sex, relationships, love, problems, pleasures, adventures etc. is valuable to me and my buddies. Often I get the impression that my marginally different perspective is much appreciated by them.

dkmilker

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I guess this is a gay thread. Am I right?

So I guess we'll all have to state our sexual orientation in terms of percentages and everyone over 50% will be considered gay and all those 50% and under will be considered str8. Now, I'm not clear if the posts written by gays and str8s need to be separated or if the posts with gay related content need to be set aside in a separate place. So, can a str8 guy ask a question about something gay related in the str8 section or can a gay guy post in the str8 section as long as his post has no gay content?

What if a str8 guy wants to complain about all of the gay content on the site and ask other str8 guys if they agree? Wouldn't that be considered gay content?
I'm confused :confused:

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Flogging what I think is already a dead horse, but the reason that everyone responds so quickly and vehemently to the ridiculous suggestion that seperating and labeling "homosexual" content is not bigoted, is not because we are PC, but because the suggestion is claptrap. There is not a sexual nonconformist alive, I'd wager, who has not endlessly encountered the "I am not [whatever]phobic, I just don't want to see or hear from you." It is the thought behind threads like this that first led to chanting "We're here, we're queer. Get used to it."

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
Pecker said:
Welcome, puppychow. Thanks for the suggestion but what you'll find most unique about LPSG is how well various sexual persuasions get along here. To separate gay from straight would not encourage that. It would also not encourage the dynamic dialogs that we often have here that increase the understanding and the comraderie that the site is well known for.

Hang around for a while and get involved in the discussions that interest you and you'll see what I mean. LPSG is a good place to make online friends without regard to their sexuality.

Pecker, I chose to quote this because you are so right!:smile:

I always love reading your new member welcomes. You ALWAYS know how to make people feel welcome, no matter who or what they are! You also are able to better point out what makes LPSG great, IMO! You are by far my favorite - straight, Conservative, Bush-loving, Teddybear!:biggrin1::wink::smile:

Puppychow: I won't tell you to leave, but I will invite you to consider that LPSG as it is now, has worked just fine! Over 40,000 people (over time) have come here and joined! Maybe some (like you) haven't liked all the 'gayness' supposedly around here, and left. I would think that most (if not all) who have decided to stick around - did so because they like LPSG for what Pecker and others, so eloquently (and some, kind of defensively - but with good reason), have pointed out! You can't come to an established (and membership diverse) site, such as this, and expect that it will appeal only to your tastes! There are many different kinds of people here, and that is what makes it great! We also don't always just talk about big weeners (that is what makes it great, as well!) Puppychow, take more time to explore LPSG and maybe it will grow on you!:biggrin1: If not - then by all means - feel free to leave. One suggestion will not automatically change what LPSG is about! It is constantly evolving and getting better over time, IMO!:smile:

Also - Puppychow: are you Faceking, come back to join us again?:biggrin1::tongue:

MischievousOne, findfirefox, alex8, FinnMan: here's a kiss to all of you!:biggrin1::wink:

I felt all of your emotions and sentiments, but came late to this 'joint'. You all made excellent points, and I just wanted to tell you so!

"Big D": you always seem to be off your moorings, but you made a lot of sense in your initial post! It's just to bad that you preach a wonderful sermon, yet never seem to take to practicing it!:rolleyes:

Edit: I started responding without reading all of the posts on this page. I also forgot to mention some people's posts. I'll do it now.

AboutAverage: that was hilarious! (I hope we are OK with each other!) ;)

Dirty_Videophile: I LOVE your post! :)

dkmilker: I'm confused right with you! Why (already), can people who are neither "young and hung" or women, post in those respective forums? ;)

fortiesfun: I'm flogging right along with you! :)

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think I see what PC is getting at here, folks... just a simple request for "Straight Men's Issues" category right next to the "Women's Issues" one. If the coding is not too difficult, why not let him have a category and see if he has any takers.

The interesting thing is, if all the other subject areas have "too many gay" issues, and it isn't a "women's issue" (i. e. and issue just for the straight men), what does that leave? If it's just the straight men discussing an issues that doesn't involve women, well, I'm just a little curious here. Let him have his "Straight Men's Issues", I want to read a few. I promise not to post any icky gay stuff in it.

D_Sheffield Thongbynder

Experimental Member
Media
If this place starts to separate issues as either gay or str8, it will lose what makes it unique. It's the only place I know of that has friendly dialogue between str8's and gays without any sense of threat or one group decrying another. I for one enjoy the diversity here, and if it becomes homogenously grouped, I doubt there would be much reason to stick around.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Pecker said:
Welcome, puppychow. Thanks for the suggestion but what you'll find most unique about LPSG is how well various sexual persuasions get along here. To separate gay from straight would not encourage that. It would also not encourage the dynamic dialogs that we often have here that increase the understanding and the comraderie that the site is well known for.

Hang around for a while and get involved in the discussions that interest you and you'll see what I mean. LPSG is a good place to make online friends without regard to their sexuality.
Yes This is an everybody site Thats what makes it great:smile:

CuriousGuy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
8dot75 said:
Not to ...um.. straddle the fence,Hick and Pup.. but you BOTH have valid points.

Wow! Just viewed your pics, 8dot75. All your shots are gorgeous, truly one of the prettiest dicks I've ever seen. And you're one of those rare guys who actually looks bigger than your stated size. I'm sure you know your dimensions but it appears bigger. Thanks for posting!

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
MischievousOne said:
I'm probably the wrong person to post a response to this, being one of the gay posters, but I've never seen there to be any excessive amount of gayness to this site. Certainly there are a number of gay men here, and there are a lot of questions relating to gay sex (how do I bottom for a big one, I love sucking cocks bigger than my own, etc; type of things), but there are also any number of questions relating to straight sex (what do you love most about entering the vagina, girlfriend thinks I'm too big, etc;) and more than that, there are mostly threads that have nothing to do with the sexuality of the original poster or those who respond. If you see a title that doesn't interest you, don't read the thread. That's how I avoid reading about all the pussy. :)

I think you are exactly the right person to post an answer MO as you are one of the group that puppychow is suggesting be closeted away in case your posts offend him.

No apologies for being so blunt but that is what is being suggested and it fucking stinks. I agree with Pecker we can all learn about each other and reach a greater level of understanding and tolerance.

I have built up some great relationships with gay and straight members on this site in a relatively short time span and to me that's great.

I refuse to be pushed away like a dirty secret.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
BarebackJack said:
Can't we all just get along???
~ Rodney King

Ha!:smile:

I certainly wish we could, but there are assholes all around us who
want to try and fuck with a place that facilitates understanding of others
and getting along with each other! We'll have to be rid of them before
the rest of us can focus on getting along! (This is sort of tongue-in-cheek)

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
agnslz said:
Ha!:smile:

I certainly wish we could, but there are assholes all around us who want to try and fuck with a place that facilitates understanding of others and getting along with each other!

:haha: :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Puppychow,

If you prefer navigate different from the natural flow of the forum...try the ignore buttom...i havent use it yet..but them you see things as you wish..but will be not the reality of what is happening.

And about you know already your suggestion would be flameable is not because of reaction of the majority you see here would react to it but is because the supose minority that belongs here dont think and feel the way you feel..we dont want to be separate. If want to find out really just put everybody to vote ...

You Homos want to be kept apart from heteros?

You heteros want be kept apart from Homos?

And what about you Unsures?

Puppychow, you dont realize that we have friendship here and you come as an outsider observer and want to make walls, close windows...a home makeover so soon ??? And already planning to avoid 1/2 of inhabitants here too ?

:confused:

Jon Jon

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi Puppychow and Welcome to the site,

I am also new and not gay. However I keep an open mind to see what I can learn from the site from all who post. I have learned a lot, not only items the benefit me personally but also about others. Keep an open mind and keep posting.

Jon Jon

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You're in the doghouse now.

The diversity of this site is one of its primary strengths. I for one appreciate hearing a point of view or a personal experience that I wouldn't have been exposed to otherwise. These insights are particularly useful when offered a gay man regarding gay sex in a thread that is predominantly about hetero sex. Most of us are intelligent enough to recognize the value of all these viewpoints on a single thread rather than having to search multiple, segregated threads for the same topic.

In fact I don't think separating the threads will protect you from encountering your turn-offs.

Take anal sex for example. The idea may give you the willies, but women enjoy anal sex as well as gay men. What's more, there are men who have zero sexual interest in other men who nonetheless enjoy being anally penetrated on their own or by their girlfriends with a toy. That would still meet the criteria for the str8 forums. Pucker up!

I say no change.

Bad dog! Stop pissing in the corner and go out in the yard.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
puppychow said:
i dig that, and totally understand it. but what about meeting in the middle? keeping the 99% of the forum open to all, but adding 2 subforums for gay and straight only discussions?

You know what... IF you have an issue, you may forget that SOME of these guys were straight once upon a time (or at least, had sex with women) while others were bi.

IT's best not to subject members to segragation just because of sexual orientation.
Welcome to the group.

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
OK--I'm just going to throw my two cents in...
1) I recgnize you were trying, puppy, to be reasonable and understanding by your choice comment, and since you don;t have any personal experience to draw from, I can tell you that my homosexuality is no more of a choice than your heterosexuality--it isn't right, wrong, or anything else--it just IS.
2) How about this? How about when you post, you put something in the subject line that you would prefer to have heterosexual replys to your post only? Either you will get the majority completely flaming you off the site, or you will find a group of followers, who will also so the same thing. That way, you can put out YOUR perspective, and choice, and see who follows. THis places the onus on you, not the moderators, to pursue your agenda. Just a thought of a way for you to have a chance of getting ewhat you want by concensus, rather than by legislation of the moderators. Because, basically what you are asking for is a special privaledge, so that privaledge has to be agreed to by the majority.