Greetings from Baltimore.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Magnes Fox, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Magnes Fox

Magnes Fox New Member

Hey, LPSGers!

I found out about this group recently, and I think this is a pretty cool place. I'm rather shy, so I probably won't be posting pictures or measurements, but I did want to say hello.

I'm in my early 20's, married, just got my MS in Elec. Eng., and just took a job in Columbia, MD. I like all things having to do with computers, video games, and Japanese culture.

Also, as my nick might indicate to you, I have a strong affinity with foxes. Anyway, it's nice to meet you all!

--Magnes

2. Pappy

Pappy Member

Welcome Magnes Fox, enjoy your stay and feel free to post away.

3. Kimahri

Gold Member

Albums:

Hey man, I'm in Baltimore too. I'm big into video games and computers...well not computers because I frickin work with them all day.

I was a bit shy too, but trust me, you'll get over that really quick here. :)

4. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Hey, Foxy, welcome to LPSG.

Go Orioles!

5. Magnes Fox

Magnes Fox New Member

Hey guys,

Thanks for the welcome!

Kimahri, that's cool you're in B'more. What kind of computer work do you do? (btw, I assume you're into Final Fantasy games?)

--Magnes

6. Dr. Bubbles

Dr. Bubbles New Member

Welcome, Fox... enjoy your stay! :)

7. Kimahri

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hey

I'm a Network Adminstrator for a small software developer in Glen Burnie.

Love the Final Fantasy games and it's cool you knew who Kimahri is.

8. Pappy

Pappy Member

Hey Kamarhi,
    I got my Tattoo at Dragon Moon in Glen Burnie. My sister used to live there, now she lives in Temple Hills.

9. Kimahri

Gold Member

Albums:

Very nice. :) You'll have to visit the next time you are here.

10. naughty

Gold Member

Magnes,

I hope you enjoy Columbia , welcome to "the bubble". As a planned community, Columbia and its sister Reston, were presented as "The next America" but it still houses real people. I grew up there and I really enjoyed it .I wish you and yours the same.

Naughty

11. dfox7.3x5

dfox7.3x5 New Member

Hey, Magnes! I'm a Fox, too. Twins separated at birth?? Probably not -- I'm 66 but feel 26 (well, some of the time). I love my last name. I work in the movie biz, so I figure I must be a Twentieth-Cetnury Fox. Anyway, welcome. This is a wonderful group.

12. Magnes Fox

Magnes Fox New Member

Oh, I was in Glen Burnie a week or two ago.. around the time of all the heavy snow. Lots of silly people were trying to get errands done.. I'll smile and pretend I wasn't one of them. ;)

--Magnes

13. Magnes Fox

Magnes Fox New Member

Thanks--! I actually live in Towson, which is a bit of a commute away from Columbia, but perhaps we will move to Columbia at some point. They say housing prices just keep going up in this area... =/

--Magnes

14. Kimahri

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thanks--! I actually live in Towson, which is a bit of a commute away from Columbia, but perhaps we will move to Columbia at some point. They say housing prices just keep going up in this area... =/

--Magnes
    [post=279598]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

I live over in Hamilton, but the Bally's I use is in Towson.

15. Magnes Fox

Magnes Fox New Member

Heh, where I come from, there are lots of foxes:
    VCL - MagnesFox

Thanks for the warm welcome!

--Magnes

16. Imported

Gold Member

Admiral Johnson: Hi welcome to the LPSG Magnes. I too love videogames and computers. What are your favorite games?

17. Magnes Fox

Magnes Fox New Member

Ah, there are so many that I like.. new and old. I recently bought a bunch of used NES, SNES, and Genesis games that I know and love.. (yes, I know about emulation, but playing on the real hardware is so much better!)

To name a few games/series that I like.. Mega Man, Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, Metal Gear Solid, Boktai, Castlevania (all of them, but Symphony of the Night is my favorite), Metroid.. I'm sure there are others I'm not remembering right now! ^^

--Magnes

18. Imported

Gold Member

Admiral Johnson:
    Ah, there are so many that I like.. new and old. I recently bought a bunch of used NES, SNES, and Genesis games that I know and love.. (yes, I know about emulation, but playing on the real hardware is so much better!)

To name a few games/series that I like.. Mega Man, Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, Metal Gear Solid, Boktai, Castlevania (all of them, but Symphony of the Night is my favorite), Metroid.. I'm sure there are others I'm not remembering right now! ^^

--Magnes
    [post=279715]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]
    I really love Symphony of the Night. Alucard kicks ass. As for metriod that's my favorite nintendo franchise. You seem to have really good tastes in gaming. Though you didn't mention Halo. Have you'd played it before, if so How do you like it?

19. Magnes Fox

Magnes Fox New Member

Yeah, Alucard's my boyfriend on the side. ;) Amusingly, I suspect my wife would also say that Alucard was *her* boyfriend on the side, too. ^^;; I got lucky and snagged a gamer girl. ;D

As for Halo... I played it once when a friend of a friend brought over his Xbox, but I don't own one, myself, and unless it ends up having more than a few games I'm interested in, I probably won't get one. Having said that, Halo was a very well put-together game.. I was impressed with the controls, although I only was able to play the multiplayer mode, since it was sort of a party scenario and all, when this friend was visiting.

--Magnes, who's gonna catch some Z's now.. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted