Greg Plitt VPL on Bravo's Work Out

fmhbta

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Good point. It's possible he's gay and playing straight on camera. But I haven't seen any evidence of that, just an unfounded assertion. The evidence we have strongly indicates that he's straight... Also, for whatever it's worth, I don't get the slightest blip on my gaydar about him. But my gaydar isnt' that reliable so if anyone else has different instincts about it, I'm open to your thoughts on the matter.

I agree with everything else you said, about his ego, looks, etc. Actually, I agree with you 110% on all that stuff.

But about one other issue, I just hafta ask (and I don't mean to criticize or offend you): Why bother with his sexuality?

First off, Greg Plitt's, and everybody else's, sexuality is nobody's business but that of his own and his significant other.

Secondly, obviously he never said he was gay or bi, or else I'm sure everybody here would know about it by now (and one poster already said Greg Plitt already admits to being straight.) So why does anyone need to speculate any further or, even worse, INSIST that he "might" or "could" be gay?

As a proud gay man, nothing offends me more than when homophobes insist or speculate that I am really straight, but just "confused" about my sexuality! Or, that I am actually straight, but I "choose" to be gay and so I could easily just choose to be straight again if I really wanted to! Or, that I am straight but just "experimenting" or "going through a phase"! I really hate all that. I just wish people would accept me for who I am and let me live in peace and pursue my own happiness.

I am sure that almost every gay man and lesbian has had to deal with this type of intolerant ignorance.

So why are gays so often so quick to impose their homosexuality onto a man who identifies himself as straight? This happens most often to straight men who are attractive or who work out, especially if he is pro-gay rights or "gay for pay". It is very rude and offensive. Also, it sustains and contributes to homophobia because it makes straight men afraid to support gay rights. A heterosexual man who is pro-gay rights will always get labeled as being gay by homophobes (and many other non-homophobic straight people.) He shouldn't get it from the gay community as well. But unfortunately he most likely will, especially if he is young and/or attractive.

It is degrading and shameful to force any sexual identity onto another human being. I know firsthand how insulting and painful it feels to have people insist that I am somebody who I am not. I am sure most other gays know firsthand too. So I hope that members of the gay community will reflect on their own negative experiences and, as a result, will stop inflicting the same pain and offense onto others. Only then can we defeat homophobia once and for all.

Primal_Savage

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I agree. Big huge muscles are gross. I think any guy with six pack abs looks like a freak! It is not natural to have stomach muscles bulging out. A beer gut turns me on more because it looks more like a Real Man. I would choose a guy with a nice soft pot belly over ripped abdomen muscles any day! A belly is just cuter and cuddlier.

No guy should waste his life lifting weights in a gym! It is useless and unnecessary. He must spend a lot of time with his hand being that it looks like he doesn't have time for anything else such as women. Buff guys with huge gross muscles lift weights to compensate for a small dick! Eww.

Thanks for reminding me of your urban myth for the day!

Am aware of your dislike for one of your ex's from a previous post. Not all of us are into compensating for something we don't have, nor are we cocky and totally into ourselves.

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Obviously this is a matter of personal taste. I think he looks like a freak. I don't get this whole muscles-to-the-extreme sort of thing. He might be nice looking if he looked like a normal person.

Glad to hear someone else say this.... just too...inhuman looking? (I also agree about the eyes- seem a bit 'soul-less'.

(am now waiting fore SOMEONE to claim they have slept with him....)

hb2

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Glad to hear someone else say this.... just too...inhuman looking? (I also agree about the eyes- seem a bit 'soul-less'.

(am now waiting fore SOMEONE to claim they have slept with him....)

I SLEPT WITH HIM LAST NIGHT!!!! :eek: Hahah, kidding, kidding, just kidding! Just joking! Lol :biggrin1:

hb2

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Good point. The evidence we have strongly indicates that he's straight. Note what hb2, the one person here to have actually met him, had to say about it...

When I met him at a Wellness Fair, we certainly did NOT discuss his sexuality! Lol Pretty much all that was said was:

Me: "Wow, nice to meet you! I'm a fan!"
Plitt: "Thanks."
Me: "Will you sign this, please."
Plitt: "Sure."
Me: "Thank you very much!"
Plitt: "Yep."

And that was it.

Then he signed a magazine for me, we shook hands, he nodded, patted me on the back, and then he walked away.

I was with some friends who are fitness buffs. They talked to him longer about supplements, sponsorship, the fitness industry, stuff like that. They were all straight. So I kept my mouth shut! Lol But he was really nice and helpful to my friends.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
On the HGTV show Greg comes off as a nice guy. It's funny how a picture posted of a muscle guy gets the chubby chasers all mad and bothered enuff to write long posts about liking 'regular' looking guys. Greg seems like a regular guy on tv and if he's muscled he spends alot of time achieving that by not having every cheeseburger that he eyes. Why are people implying that he's vapid or an ego maniac b/c of his looks. Am I to read into chubby people that they're lazy and no self-control? You folks crack me up!

Arod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
For more Greg Plitt, watch HGTV's 'Design to Sell' each night at 8:00 p.m. He's one of the carpenter's featured a couple of times a week. Or he's on the cover of the current issue of Exercise and Health. Hell, just pick up any of the exercise mags. and there he is!

hp6969

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
OK, so I checked out "Work Out" tonight and Greg did have wood! That was even mentioned by one of the trainers. Doesn't seem like he is packing much.
The SHOW!!! however is the most obnoxious pile of shit that I have ever had to sit through. Who is this chic!?!?! IT'S A GYM BITCH!!! Get over yourself!

titan1968

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It isn't any worse than the women who spend millions every year on liposuctions, facelifts and breast implants. Would you call those women insecure or narcissistic? Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. Whatever makes them happy (the same can be said of the ''muscly'' guys that you don't like).

Personally, I like the people I date to be fit; however, that doesn't mean that there aren't any good people out there who are a little overweight or fat-- it's just a matter of taste. Is it right to belittle or ridicule them? Heck no!!! Everyone has value, including your ex. I try not to speak ill of my exes; if I do, imagine what they're saying about me....

Yes! Exactly! It's fucking pathetic! I hate guys who show off like that and are all cocky and into themselves. And that's too much muscles anyway. Buff guys are a turn off. I've had way too many bad experiences.

The last muscly guy I was with actually kept wanting me to tell him how muscular he was, during sex! Plus, he had a really tiny almost not-existing penis and he could barely ever get it up!

No kidding: I kicked him hard in the balls and dumped him for his roomate who had scrawny arms and a flabby pot belly, and was a true sweetheart who would actually spend time with me and not waste his life lifting weights in a gym! He also had a MUCH larger "love muscle", the ONLY muscle that matters.

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
On the HGTV show Greg comes off as a nice guy. It's funny how a picture posted of a muscle guy gets the chubby chasers all mad and bothered enuff to write long posts about liking 'regular' looking guys. Greg seems like a regular guy on tv and if he's muscled he spends alot of time achieving that by not having every cheeseburger that he eyes. Why are people implying that he's vapid or an ego maniac b/c of his looks. Am I to read into chubby people that they're lazy and no self-control? You folks crack me up!

Ouch. That's wholly untrue.

"...having every cheeseburger that he eyes." WTF?

Oh, and chubby chasers are those who get turned on by larger individuals...so they'd be offended by your rant.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
whenever people tell me how shallow I am, going after hot bods, I use this guy as an example of someone who does have a hot bod, but does absolutely nothing for me

think of him as the last chance at 2:00 am

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ouch. That's wholly untrue.

"...having every cheeseburger that he eyes." WTF?

Oh, and chubby chasers are those who get turned on by larger individuals...so they'd be offended by your rant.

My 'rant' was just commentary on other posts who ragged on muscle guys. In other words I WAS trying to say to each his own and neither is bad...built or not so built. N'est ce-pas?

bigmanstl

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i must say i LOVE workout on bravo. I got hooked last year and from what i saw from the premiere show it looks to be a very interesting season. i think Jesse looks MUCH better this season vis a vis last year but for some reason i think his face looks different. Maybe the weight or maybe some surgery dont know

fmhbta

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thanks for reminding me of your urban myth for the day!

Am aware of your dislike for one of your ex's from a previous post. Not all of us are into compensating for something we don't have, nor are we cocky and totally into ourselves.

I read where she kicked her muscular ex in the balls. I think he shouldv'e slapped her in her tits! So glad i'm gay.

PECTACULAR

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
can't believe all this BS... "he is not my type" "what is it with six pack stomachs, they are gross"

most of you are too insecure to feel able to attract someone that is healthy and gets more exercise than lifting tall cans to thier lips.

B_IanTheTall

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Just saw the show where he starts on the show. Man show's a very vpl. Hot, muscular, dumb as a stick, just the right type for a rainy afternoon quicky.

:booty:

Don't forget the 'full of cum,' though I want to fuck that out of him ad have it take more than a "rainy afternoon quicky."

OCDreamer69

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Don't forget the 'full of cum,' though I want to fuck that out of him ad have it take more than a "rainy afternoon quicky."

True....given the chance it would start Thursday afternoon and end Sunday evening, involve multiple loads, and he would have to give as good as he received. :biggrin1:

barkerfan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Personally, I've seen him on covers and in fitness magazines and he never did anything for me, untill the show. I think he seems like a really down to earth and nice guy. His personality now makes him very attractive to me. Just goes to show that we judge far to often based on all kinds of appearances.
Anyone have any screen caps of that semi from the show? That was hot.