Grey Gardens

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
If you haven't seen the HBO movie tonight with Drew Barrymore and Jessica Lange, it's phenomenal. The backstory to the documentary is incredible and really fills in blanks you didn't even know you had. I don't often effuse, but they were both truly brilliant in it. I dvr'd it so if you don't have it you're all welcome to come over and watch. I'll see it again. And probably again after that.

Me too since I don't get HBO. Don't erase it yet! :biggrin:

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I sorta remember this going into theatrical release a few years back don't I. Several books and 2 movies on stage wow, glad to hear Jackie stood up and did something about it. The home was scheduled to be torn down and the two women evicted prior to Jackie having it rehabbed. My guess is its an historical landmark now and priceless.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
ya, DB is incredible, u forget they're actors about 1 min in, and the makeup artist deserves an oscar (i know it's tv but the makeup is better than anything i've seen on film)

how is it myley cyrus gets wide distribution with that disney POS
and this masterpiece is shunted to cable?

it's not necessary but I"d almost recommend seeing the docu first, if they're smart they'll put both on the dvd when it comes out.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
ya, DB is incredible, u forget they're actors about 1 min in, and the makeup artist deserves an oscar (i know it's tv but the makeup is better than anything i've seen on film)

how is it myley cyrus gets wide distribution with that disney POS
and this masterpiece is shunted to cable?

it's not necessary but I"d almost recommend seeing the docu first, if they're smart they'll put both on the dvd when it comes out.

Good words bro...and may I say I just checked your gallery and it is so fucking hot I lost what else I was going to say here. Dam, you sexy

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Apparently Little Edie sold Grey Gardens with the provision that it not be torn down, despite the terrible condition it was in at the time. I believe the provision is now written into the deed so the house will continue to be protected.
Ben Bradlee and Sally Quinn own the house now and have restored it. Just an FYI.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Good words bro...and may I say I just checked your gallery and it is so fucking hot I lost what else I was going to say here. Dam, you sexy

Wow, Cube, you're a little late to the party. That thadjock is hot, smart and funny was pretty well established a long while back.

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You're both invited. And anyone else. Just bring sweats and we'll have a pajama party. I'm making drinks as we speak.

Gee, I dont have HBO either, and just got out of the hospital this weekend. how about a NUDE viewing party ???? PJ's are not comfy. And the feathers on my nightie always get up my nose.... NUDE is better :biggrin1: