Greying Hair, Whats the opinion?

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by D_Relentless Original, Sep 3, 2009.

1. D_Relentless Original

Albums:
    I was at the barbers the other day and was informed what a good head of hair i had, going slightly grey in places, i am okay with that, however one of the women at work thinks it would be okay to dye it. I ain't going to do that as i like the distinguished look at my youngish age. However to day i looked at a guy who came into my office with obviously dyed hair and bless him he looked strange.

Do any guys on here cover their grey?

Do ladies like men with grey hair?

Do gay guys prefer dating a guy who colours or prefers natural greying hair?.

Whats the view on it please?.

2. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I keep mine natural, can spot a dye job a mile away and never use the word grey, I prefer to call it TITANIUM.

3. D_Purlie W Papules

D_Purlie W Papules Account Disabled

I'm 28 and I've got quite a few grays all over, and it doesn't bother me at all. I've gotten lots of compliments on it. I colored it once, but it looked too artificial. I don't think there's anything wrong with a bit of gray... it actually looks kinda hot on some guys.

4. DaveyR

DaveyR Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

I still have a pretty full head of hair too but it's becoming more "salt n pepper". I tend to leave it natural in the summer as the sun lightens it anyway and bleach it blond in the winter.

I'd never try and darken it to hide the grey. I've seen very few that look natural with it darkened to hide the grey. You can usually tell. As for me bleaching it, I'm not trying to disguise anything I just like it lightened sometimes. If I were trying to hide the grey I'd keep it bleached all the time :wink:

As with guys who go bald those who go grey tend to suit it. My partner went bald in his 20's and I could not imagine him with hair now. Likewise I once shaved mine and just did not suit it.

5. TheMarchHare

TheMarchHare New Member

Albums:
    I've colored my hair many times.. but I would have having gray or not. But, I found my first gray hair when I was 15.. and they've progressively multiplied since then. My boyfriend seems to like it.. and I personally think they don't look that bad. Then again, it's more of the completely white/shiny gray than it is the dull gray.

As for other guys.. it makes a difference on who it is in my opinion.

6. D_Purlie W Papules

D_Purlie W Papules Account Disabled

...i mean, take a look at Anderson Cooper... he's totally gray and ridiculously hot!

7. D_Relentless Original

Albums:
    I thought it suited Richard Gere too.

8. D_Harry_Pitts

D_Harry_Pitts Account Disabled

I'm only 23 and getting gray in quite a few spots. I would never dye the gray out, but embrace it as a sign of wisdom.

9. D_Relentless Original

Albums:
    I think some of the younger gay guys see it as being old and over hill, thats the impression i have had lately.

10. DaveyR

DaveyR Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Well it's pretty shallow and short sighted if they do. Some can start greying in their early 20's yet some can get to their 70's and not have a grey hair. It's a pure lottery otherwise known as genetics and does not change who the person is.

11. Principessa

Gold Member

Then that is all that matters! :cool:
    Uhmm, did you ask her opinion? Cause if not, her commenting is incredibly rude. :mad:

A bad dye job on a man or woman at any age is ALWAYS a bad thing. :frown1:

Do any guys on here cover their grey?
    Of course we do! Sean Connery is grey.

Do gay guys prefer dating a guy who colours or prefers natural greying hair?.
    Whats the view on it please?.[/QUOTE]

I like that! :biggrin1: Titanium :cool:

Tex wears his hair longish sometimes, sometimes a buzz cut, and anywhere in between. He's a little young to be going grey, but it wouldn't make me love him any less.

12. rainbowknight

rainbowknight New Member

Albums:
    I think that it is socially acceptable for women to comment about dying hair. I had one told me that I should dye my facial hair (the only place that shows gray). I told her that I did not want to go around looking like Rainbow Bright on my face. Usually I just shave it all off anyway, I was just lazy at the time.

I think gray hair is sexy, especially in the pubic area. I've only been with one guy with gray pubes and I am on a quest.

13. catman

Gold Member

I have also read that the dyes in hair dye are not all that good for your body, and if you have any problems with depression the chemicals can exacerbate it.

14. Earthbound

Earthbound Member

Nothing wrong with grey. It can be quite striking.

15. blackbottom2

Gold Member

Albums:
    your sexy full stop

grey hair
    dark hair
    light hair
    much hair
    no hair

your sexy full stop

16. B_Morning_Glory

B_Morning_Glory New Member

they just don't know how to appreciate older men. i like older men with their salt and pepper hair.

17. eastbaydude

eastbaydude New Member

Albums:
    My hair started thining on top many years ago so I started shaving it. On vacation last year, I let it grow out for a couple of weeks. DAMN. It's gotten gray. When did that happen? My beard is getting gray, too and I'm noticing it on my chest most recently.

How much longer do I have before I need to worry abou tmy pubic hair turning on me?

18. DiscoBoy

Gold Member

I love "salt and pepper" hair. I think it looks extremely hot. Dye jobs, on the other hand, do not.

19. mako shark

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I've let my hair be salt and pepper and have dyed it at times. The chemicals in the coloring leave my scalp irritated. Also, often people don't want to believe that my daughter (not my wife) is 22yrs old and that can be annoying to both of us when we are together.

20. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

I think that gray hair is extremely sexy (on both men and women). It is a sign of wisdom and maturity and you have earned each and every hair you have--celebrate that.

I do not like when guys dye their hair, especially the facial hair. In fact, I actually prefer that a guy have some gray hair--WOOOF!

Draft saved Draft deleted